1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuel tank door lock?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by KoolMan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Sep 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    KoolMan

KoolMan [OP] Member

Member:
    So the other day I came out side to see the gas tank door open. I thought I was broken into to take some gas but no. I think I might have broken it off.
    I went to the junk yard and could not find anything. I've been looking online but have not found anything since I probably have the wrong name for the part.
    It's just the plastic that latches on to the inside and it won't let the door open. The still goes in and turns but there is no lock on it anymore.
    I'm on my phone posting this later I will try to put a picture on here so you guys can get a better idea.
    I'm trying to replace just the lockin part
    Thanks

2. Oct 21, 2010 at 5:32 PM
    KoolMan

KoolMan [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey guys so i took the cylinder out and i sort of disassembled it the plastic i need is just the latch.
    When i went to the toyota parts center they said that the part would have to come with the cylinder and new key. totaling up to somewhere between 70-75$ The part number is 69058-35140 just in case anyone want to know.

Products Discussed in

To Top