1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fun to Drive commuter car

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by jmauvais, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Mar 14, 2018 at 8:33 AM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    If your commute involves driving in traffic, you'll want a taller vehicle. Compared to a sedan or hatchback, the improved visibility more than makes up for the worse handling. RAV4 with the 2GR-FE V6 is very fun to drive. 276 hp in a compact SUV, with reliability comparable to the Taco.

jmauvais[OP] likes this.
  2. Mar 14, 2018 at 9:38 AM
    Pickeledpigsfeet

Pickeledpigsfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Foothills, CA
    Depending on your location I would pick up a Honda S2000. Mine has been reliable and the forums show that is typical. Parts are relatively cheap and it is easy to work on.

Fun to drive. Lots of available aftermarket mods. Drop top. And you will get all kinds of people coming up to talk to you about it.

You didnt mention your size, but I am 6'2" and I fit better in my s2k than in my taco/fj. I have driven it in my work boots(sz15) with no issues. Where as I have issues with my boots and Toyota's pedals.

jmauvais[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 21, 2018 at 4:11 AM
    ecoterragaia

ecoterragaia Everyone lives downstream.

Member:
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2006 RC 4X4 5 speed & 2021 4Runner SR5
    My wife has been driving her '08 Honda Fit five speed for ten years (bought new) and I've never done anything more than regular maintenance. It's not the best looking vehicle, but has a huge amount of room inside for cargo and passengers, and regularly hits 40 mpg without trying (drops to 36-38 mpg in winter). Despite the tiny engine, it is fun to drive, handles well, is light, and the manual trans is the smoothest I've ever driven (150,000 miles and still on original clutch!). It has been a great commuter car for her, and probably will for a few more years.

jmauvais[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top