1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fun ways to start a shift!

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by eagle5521, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    eagle5521

eagle5521 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    `11 PreRunner DCSB TX
    Let's hear some of the exciting beginnings you've had to a shift!

Just a few days ago the off going shift had three bail from a stolen vehicle. Within a few hours we had their leftovers cleaned up with three in jail!
    [​IMG]

2. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    I've started shifts with confirmed armed robberies, burglaries in progress, and a couple months ago as I was pulling out of my apartment complex they toned out an officer needs help call around the corner from me

we change at 7, and i was coming out a bit early to gas up and head to squad meeting...radio tones and it was less than 2 blocks from me

within approx. 2 minutes, an area that normally is patrolled by 6-7 officers had over 30 in it, and 1 cracked out homeless dude was in custody

I much prefer starting a shift with craziness than ending...back in march, I was enroute to a civil disturbance and about a minute before i got there, central upgraded the call to a fight in progress and possible riot situation (call was at a night club)

As me and another officer pull into the lots, we could smell the gunfire that had apparently JUST taken place...we cut on the blues and start flipping the sirens to clear out the lot...I park and get out of my car to assist a club security guard in breaking up a small fight...as I'm moving back towards the back parking lot with the other officer, gunfire erupts out of the back parking lot...not just a couple handgun rounds...but around 20-30 in very quick succession...we quickly draw and cover as more gunfire erupts...cars are flying out of the lot, and as we move around the building to look for victims, 2 security guards start returning fire with 2 vehicles who are STILL shooting as they leave the lot

End result, 1 security guard in jail, 3 thugs were shot (none fatally) and 1 security guard cleared

This all occurred around 530-6am...

Learned tho, that if you start yelling shots fired shots fired into the radio, and other officers can hear the shooting over the radio...central will tone out an officer needs assistance to all neighboring jurisdictions...it was quite comforting to know that units could get there as quick as they did

3. Jul 8, 2011 at 4:22 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    no dog bite???wtf?? lol, great job! great way to start a shift.

To Top