1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Funny Story Could help you

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by billas333, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Nov 29, 2008 at 11:48 AM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    Thought I would share this with anyone who is looking to buy a new car or knows someone who is because it helped me out a lot...

So before I even went to the dealership where I purchased my truck I contacted the dealer and made sure they had exactly what I wanted in and I mean exactly. They actually had it trucked in from 80miles away for me. Well since I currently had a 96 Tacoma ext. cab 2wd in pretty rough shape I did not even bother driving it to the lot, instead we took my mothers lexus and they just thought we were primed to make a deal that day. I test drove the truck talked some numbers and told them I would have to think about it.

The next day I decided it was a deal and called the dealer and told him I had a trade in for him and I wanted a quote over the phone. Grant you I took my truck to another dealer about month prior and he quoted me 1550 trade in value and insulted me saying he would have to sell my truck in mexico.

So I gave the current dealer all my info on the phone, he offered me 2500 sight unseen. Well I countered with LOW LOW Kelly Blue Book was 3150 and thats all I told him I wanted for it. He said deal and locked it in sight unseen!!

Now my trucks low blue book was 3150 however the tailgate was royally smashed in and I gutted my stereo out of it before I took it down to them so basically there was a hole in the dash LOL. I ended up earning an additonal 1650 dollars towards my down payment this way.

Just a tip of advice for anyone who could use it. Do not drive your trade in to the lot!!!! Make a deal over the phone

2. Nov 29, 2008 at 12:03 PM
    Blueridge

Blueridge Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wow, and you BRAG about this kind of behavior? :puke:

3. Nov 29, 2008 at 12:06 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Airaid Short Ram Intake, 285x75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZs, 16" Konig Countersteer rims, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    No worse than people putting TRD stickers on 4 banger single cab stock Tacos and getting premium price for it. If the stealer is going to be a retard that's their own fault. Let the buyer beware is the oft mentioned saying. Had he got ripped off that's what people would say.

Do I think it's ethical? No. But hey...stupid dealer.

4. Nov 29, 2008 at 12:17 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    ethics aside I paid money for a report of how much the actual tacomas cost with invoice prices on all extra packaging and basically a 4x4 sport double cab was only 23000 to the dealer and they were not budging from the price I paid so screw em is what I say.

5. Nov 29, 2008 at 1:49 PM
    Marioso

Marioso El Pitufo

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    05 debadged trd sport
    2.5 FRONT LIFT, DEBADGED, TRD OFF ROAD WHEELS, RUGGED TRAILS
    hey whatever saves u money. i wont hate on your hustle like some of these guys. u got lucky

6. Nov 29, 2008 at 1:57 PM
    TheKneeBiter

TheKneeBiter Active Member

Member:
    You dont mention what you paid for the truck? If you paid $29k then you could have got $5k for the trade. If you paid $23k you did ok. And what model and options did you get? I know a guy who put RUBICON stickers on his Jeep Wrangler when he traded it for his Tacoma and got $3k extra on his trade. If the dealer can screw people all day its nice to see them screwed once in a while. Not good for the poor person who buys a used Rubicon and finds he has no lockers:eek:

7. Nov 29, 2008 at 2:03 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    27,600 before tax and license for 08 double cab sport 4x4 with bed ext. all weather mats, tube steps, emergency kit, wheel locks, spare tire lock

8. Nov 29, 2008 at 2:12 PM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    aberdeen, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    that's a pretty good deal. u got lucky dude, dealers are such a shady bastards, they will do whatever it takes to make more money out of you... no matter, I guess they have to since the sales guys need to put food on their dinner table too eh?

9. Nov 29, 2008 at 2:19 PM
    TacoTurd

TacoTurd Defying Alliances since 2007

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Bull Bar, PIAA lights, Passport, Bed Mat, UWS Toolbox, Hood Struts, Rear TSB, TRD/Okole Seat Covers, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Burned Carpet, Nasty Dent in Roof
    And where do you think old trucks go?? :confused:

10. Nov 29, 2008 at 2:20 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Well personally that report I bought put thoughts into my head LOL it seriously broke down the invoice prices of everything. Sports package invoice was like 2300 vs the 3600 that they put on the sticker and what not. Plus the report said a 5-10% mark up was a fair profit for the dealer so thats what I was shooting for around 26500. I got close enough I guess LOL. I have had my truck almost a year and love the shit out of it

To Top