1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Furious with Toyota

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by white91formula, May 27, 2009.

1. Jun 15, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    white91formula

white91formula [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR
    update

got the truck back from toyota and they didnt replace the clutch, i dont care what they say they didnt replace it because it was doing the same problem as i drove off the lot.

other then that i was driving home from work today on the freeway and i had my driveshaft fall out of the truck. the carrier bearing fell off of the truck and took the drive shaft with it. so its sitting on the side of the road right now waiting for toyota roadside assistance waiting to be towed

i have been on the phone with corporate everyday for the last week and a half for at least 2 hours a day and every time i talk to someone, including case managers none of them have any of my info and dont know what any of my problems are even tho i have case numbers.

im about to get a lawyer involved to get this truck returned to toyota. i have had 4 toyotas over the last 8 years and i loved them until this truck. i think im taking the money and going over to nissan, which is too bad because i loved the truck, but this has spoiled my appetite

2. Jun 15, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Good thing you didn't get in an accident or cause one when that happened. Hope they either fix your truck or replace it.

3. Jun 15, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Lemon law at this point. That motherfucker should be replaced for 100% free...

The driveshaft fell out? Really Toyota?

4. Jun 15, 2009 at 6:26 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    Sounds like someone in service decided tightening bolts was more effort than he had in him that day. Too bad. Either that or I just don't understand how a driveshaft falls out. Jeez... get a lawyer, make sure you get every penny back, or - demand they give you whatever the hell you want off the lot. Make sure it's fully loaded!

5. Jun 15, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    that sucks..definately lawyer time. I'd send the bill to toyota also

6. Jun 15, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    white91formula

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR
    i got toyota to tow it to the place that keeps fucking it up, because the place i bought it from was too far away and they woudlnt cover the tow which is bullshit

i just spent a hour on the phone with the 1800 number yelling at them.

when the guy picked it up on the flatbed i got under it and checked it out, it looks like the bolts for the center carrier bearing fell out and dropped the shaft, it rotated around and broke off up front, dented the exhaust, nicked the gas tank (not leaking) and scraped the ebrake lines. the 2 threaded holes which are part of the frame on the truck are partially stripped out.

i can only imagine the force that was put on the tranny shafts and the rear end when this happened. at this point i dont feel safe driving the truck even if it gets fixed because of those holes being stripped and the forces that the tranny and the rear end went through.

i had the tow truck guy leave it in front of the service dept door with the drive shaft hanging down so they have to deal with it in the morning.

like i said i dont even want it fixed, i want a new one, brand new or my money back and im going over to nissan. this is bullshit i bought a brand new vehicle to have a reliable one to get back and forth from work and stuff, i just graduated college and im working full time as a engineer and getting to work reliably is important. toyota is def getting a earful from me tomorrow, ill keep everyone updated.

7. Jun 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM
    glockaxis

glockaxis Active Member

Member:
    Boy, that's too bad. Your truck should have been replaced long ago. I don't blame you for checking out Nissan with that kind of treatment.

8. Jun 16, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    And once again, another reason why I bash on the service techs at dealerships. They are pushed to do a job so quickly, they let quality slide, or be ignored completly. Its a disgrace, and could be potententially leathal. :(

9. Jun 16, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    Just read through the whole thread and just hearing what is happening to you is really pissing me off and shouldnt be happening. Hope this all gets straightened out for ya

10. Jun 16, 2009 at 8:19 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    this might be the only time that it is justifiable to poopsie daisy your own truck.

11. Jun 17, 2009 at 5:32 AM
    white91formula

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR
    after hours upon hours on the phone trying to sort this out yesterday, my case manager decided to just go home for the day at 2pm and not finish/follow up on anything. this pissed me off beyond belief and of course i got transferred to i think 6-7 different people none of which could help me and none of which would transfer me to anyone that had any power. apparently they arnt allowed to transfer to anyone above them even if they are asked to :eek:

the dealer acknowledged that it was their fault and that they forgot to secure the bolts to the underside and are ordering me a new drive shaft. I told them to not even bother because i dont want the truck back after what else could have happened from this with the underside of the truck, and this tweaking the transmission/crankshaft on the engine or the rear end. the truck will never be the same again and they think they are still just going to give it back to me. im not sure what to do at this point, and how to go about refusing the truck from them once they say it is fixed, beacuse i dont feel comfortable taking it back and driving it the way it is.

they wouldnt let me see the driveshaft after it was out of the truck, the only thing that i saw was when it was in the truck that night as it was getting dark, it looked like a pretzel and im sure that is why they didnt want me to see it.

I have contacted a attorny and the people about the lemon law in mass. i have a case against them and they said that 95% of the cases win, however it is a timely process and could take up to 2 years to get settled. i was able to finally get copies of the invoices for when my truck has been worked on at the dealership, even tho they were missing 2o f them, so i only have 3, but it is still better then before.

another interesting fact that i found out is that because i brought my truck to this dealership to have my issue worked on origonally i have to bring it to them until it is satisfactorilly fixed to my standards, no other dealerships can step in and take over the work to fix it, even if the first dealership has been fucking it up like they have been.

convieniently all of the people who have the power to make decisions, both at the dealership and at corporate happened to either be out for the day or on vacation and arnt reachable. hopefully today will shed some new life ont he situation and some progress will be made.

depending on how today depends on how i proceed and move forth with this.... contacting the media .... making a big sign and sitting outside the dealership with it.... and what not. its getting far past rediculous and im sick of it, and ithink the dealership finally realized that i am being serious after my truck to the service dept yesterday.

12. Jun 17, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Totally speechless about what has happened to you and the purchase of your new 2009 tacoma. I cannot even imagine the frustration, time, energy, disappointment you are going through.

Have you kept a record log of all the who/what/when/where/why detailing the phone calls, appts, along with the receipts you have? I have found a little notebook helps to keep the facts straight.

Best in getting this resolved.

13. Jun 17, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    white91formula

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR

ive started keeping track of the phone calls and the times..... its getting out of hand and im hoping that now that i have the attorny involved things will move along.

14. Jun 17, 2009 at 7:16 AM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Wow dude :eek:

I'd be surprised if you ever bought a Toyota again.

They need to get their shit together or they soon will be running commercials claiming to have quality equal to someone else just like Ford was doing.
    It takes years to get known for reliability and quality products but Toyota really seems to be dropping the ball lately, I know I was a diehard Toy fan but my 08 has me wondering.

15. Jun 17, 2009 at 7:50 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Bottom line, vehicles made in Japan & only transported here for sale = rep building long lasting reliable vehicles. Vehicles being made here, Mexico, Canada, wherever = problematic nonsense that we're reading about way too often here now.

16. Jun 17, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    white91formula

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR
    just spend 1 hour and 24 minutes on the phone with my case manager, who i must say is a moron at this point. i kept asking her obvious questions that the solution was obvious and she just kept coming up with excuses to me and i kept interrupting her and telling her i didnt care.

the dealer is blaming corporate from problems, corporate is blaming the dealer for not putting the truck back together...... i told them i dont give a shit whose fualt it is i want a new truck and apparently the only thing that i can do now is file for arbitration.

i love that i talked to his lady yesterday and she told me one thing ,and today she was trying to tell me that we never had that conversation and that it didnt happen and she didnt know where i got that information that she gave me came from.

after my conversation today, they seem to only have 1 dealer visit in the computer for my truck being working on... even tho it has been in there multiple times, so apparently the dealer isnt putting them into the computer system, which is going to screw me in the end. i have 3 invoices from them however, saying that the truck was in for the same issues each time.

at this point i am not sure what to do, it takes 40 days for arbitration, and up to a year and a half through the lemon law. i dont feel safe getting into the truck and driving it again after what happened, but i dont know how i can just not take the truck back after they "fix it"

17. Jun 17, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    glockaxis

glockaxis Active Member

Member:
    What does your attorney suggest?

18. Jun 17, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    The simple fact that the don't have in their computer what you have on paper should speak volumes towards their less than adequate business practices just like they would turn that shit around & use it against you to get out of something in a split second if it were the other way around. Best of luck for positive outcome for you with this mindless limpdick bullshit.

Mucho rep sent for blocking their service entrance!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Jun 17, 2009 at 10:41 AM
    white91formula

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR
    i think the best part was that they called me in the morning saying they found my keys in the drop off.... and asked me why my truck was there, i asked them if they had looked at it and he said yes.... and there was silence on the phone i go then you should know the reason its there..... silence again

all i get back from him was, do you have a appointment ? :eek:

i LOL'd at him on the phone haha

20. Jun 17, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    NO BUT THE DAMN TRUCK DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Same kinda of morons that would shit their pants because they didn't have an appointment in the restroom. Like an appointment is the fucking problem! IDIOTS! Should have asked them who they had scheduled for (insert appropriate time here) & say yeah, that's the trucks name FTW! Fuck with those that would fuck with others/Prey on those who would prey on others. Ya know, many here spout shit of acting all mature & calm then this is the type shit you get rewarded with? I say fuck that, as soon as shit goes stupid I'm goin stupid with it because immediately I recognize that's all they understand and/or that's how they roll. I'll play too! Of course, I'll try the nice calm shit first but if it doesn't progress in a sane direction then too fuckin bad, it's right back at ya with your stupid shit. Funny how folks don't wanna be served up the same shit they're handing out, so rich!!! Again, good luck with all this..............

Products Discussed in

To Top