1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Furious with Toyota

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by white91formula, May 27, 2009.

1. Jun 17, 2009 at 11:12 AM
    Hollywood22

Hollywood22 Wranglin the Badger

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Generation X
    OME Lift, LR UCA's
    Brother that is complete and utter BULLSHIT...my advice to you, would be to gather as much detailed info regarding the contact that you have with this dealership and corporate and give it to a respectable lawyer. I wouldn't be listening to anything they had to say at this point, unless it is "here are the keys to your brand new truck". Toyota should be completely ashamed of themselves.

This concerns me as it should concern all of us, with the decisions Toyota is making. I hope that this is resolved in your favour. Best of luck. Cheers

2. Jun 17, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    65tacodude

65tacodude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Manteno, IL
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tundra Platnium
    OEM running boards and roof rack. Yellow fog bulbs and WeatherTech mats and window visors.
    Question: What if you have an AAL and want to get the TSB done? Do you have to take it out, will you still have the same lift, will they deny it all together? Wondering if I should get it. Dont do too much towing or hauling tho.

3. Jun 17, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    :threadjacked:

The AAL IS the TSB.. id say you're set.

4. Jun 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    They may deny your TSB based on a modified suspension set up. If you've got an AAL already and are happy with the height and the way it rides- I wouldn't get the TSB cause you'll get a bit more lift and may or may not feel a difference in ride..

5. Jun 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    man I had a similar issue with the Clutch going out before the warranty was up, Toyota didnt wanna budge.. They gave me a choice they could check my truck and if they determined that the clutch went out because of "abuse" then I would have to pay for all the labor they would have to do "remove the transmission, etc" which would be roughly $900 or I could pay $ 1600 and they would just replace the clutch .. I told them to go F#%k themself and bought the part and had it installed by my personal mechanic for less then $900

I dont understand their thinking, they did the TSB for the harsh ride, no questions asked but when it comes to the clutch or expensive stuff they dont want to be liable..

Another issue I had was my cigarette lighter/ power outlets fuse always blows out, I have take it there like 4 times already and I told them its bullshit.. They said that they are not responsible for customers using aftermarkey cell phone chargers, which is crap cause I used the original charger supplied with my phone

My advice is just get a lawyer, even though it will drag out for close to a year or so and cost you money ..It should be worth it in your case

6. Jun 17, 2009 at 1:15 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    They only act this way because they think no one will put forth the effort to call them on this shit & go thru with it & make them make it right. The less people do go ahead with it & make them responsible for their shortcuts in manufacturing the more they will do it.....and not just Toyota, any company in any industry will do the same when no one stands up for themselves.

7. Jun 17, 2009 at 1:19 PM
    white91formula

white91formula [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR
    ha

they just called me (dealership) to tell me that they had got a new driveshaft in and replaced it and the truck was alset and ready to go and i had to come pick it up and if i kept hte rental any longer then i will be charged for it.

LOL im not taking the truck back from them, i don't care if im truckless im not taking it back, i DONT FEE SAFE in it

8. Jun 17, 2009 at 1:47 PM
    65tacodude

65tacodude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Manteno, IL
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tundra Platnium
    OEM running boards and roof rack. Yellow fog bulbs and WeatherTech mats and window visors.
    Thats why I'm a noob. thanks unholy too.

9. Jun 17, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    No worry about the noobness-Answering questions is what we are about!!

10. Jun 17, 2009 at 7:33 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    Go "test drive" a new one. Take it home.

11. Jun 19, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    Disorderly

Disorderly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sorry to hear about all your trouble, but where is your lawyer in all this?

He should be helping you through this process or doing it for you.

Did you happen to take pictures of your drive shaft and other damage?

12. Jun 19, 2009 at 9:01 PM
    Scott41984

Scott41984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    00 TRD Prerunner V6
    I've always had good experiences with dealerships here in Alabama.

Then again, I didn't have a truck I would classify as a Lemon. That sucks and good luck.

Get a lawyer... If you haven't, Get a lawyer!

13. Jun 19, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    white91formula

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR
    ok guys, heres a update

i went into the dealer the other day after getting a phone call saying the truck is all set... i walk in and the truck is in the service bay still

they fixed everything, except do the tsb for the rear suspension... which is another on going battle.

magically after all of this shit has gone down the truck is fixed, all of my issues that i have had with it are fixed, i guess this is what it takes to get shit done. toyota has also offered me their 100k miles warranty for my troubles.

i still do not feel comfortable with the truck knowing what has happened ans since toyota doesnt seem to help me out in that department and the lemon law is such a long and drawn out process i am going to trade the truck in for a new one. i rather take the loss now and have to pay a few thousand dollars more to get into a new truck then wait 2 years to possibly have nothing happen. i am sick of stressing over the whole situation and sick of dealing with it and i am just ready to cut my losses and move on.

unfortunately i have had such a sour taste put in my mouth about toyota about this that i am looking at nissan. it sucks because everyone in my family has a toyota and this has ruined it for me. i still havnt given up hope however, i am going to go see what kind of deal the dealership i bought my tuck at will give me because the one that fucked my tuck up doesnt want to do anything for me..... i may just wait a few months and see how the 2010's are.

14. Jun 20, 2009 at 10:01 AM
    glockaxis

glockaxis Active Member

Member:
    Smart waiting a couple of months, that way you won't make any rash decisions. In the meantime do go test driving different makes (Nissan) and if you go back to Toyota, go somewhere else and start fresh.

15. Jun 20, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    white91formula

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR
    was moving some stuff around the yard today with it, something is not right with the truck, something in either the engine or the tranny is unbalanced i can feel it when the truck is running at a idle stopped and in neutral

time to go back to the dealer on monday

this is getting old real fast

16. Jun 20, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    Further plead your case to corporate. Run it up the chain, tell them that this dealers service is totally incompetent, as evidenced by the runaway drivetrain. They're backing you into a corner where you have to sue - demand a new truck straight from toyota, man I wouldnt settle for anything less.

17. Jun 21, 2009 at 6:43 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Hate to hear it. IMO your idea of just going to different dealer & tradin it in for another one sounds pretty good at this point. Just make sure to insist on TSB being done if needed & test drive the hell out of the one you're eyeing on the lot to make sure it's all good before leaving with it.

Products Discussed in

To Top