1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuse block

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by longbow, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Feb 13, 2009 at 12:33 PM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I need some info, rather pictures of running wires to a fuse block. I am using a Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, call it brain dead :der:or what but I am lost. PMed a number of people and the info is great/sound, but I can't seem to get a picture in my head on what to do.
    Thanks up front..................

2. Feb 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM
    silver07taco

silver07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    COIL
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4,07 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    2013 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2007 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    I have mine on order:D, I have an idea of what I am goin to do but I need to block to make sure its goin to work.

3. Feb 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Seen that FJ info during my searching, for some odd reason I just ain't seeing it. He went with a split relay, and by the looks modified the block. The wiring guru is gonna be here on the 7th of March so I am going to put him to work.
    Have the bracket made to hold the fuse block, need to paint and install.

silver...if you get your install done before the 7th, draw a pic with crayon :D on paper and scan it this way

phantom...thanks for the links :)

4. Feb 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    silver07taco

silver07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    COIL
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4,07 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    2013 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2007 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    silver...if you get your install done before the 7th, draw a pic with crayon :D on paper and scan it this way

:rofl:Dont have to get all high tech:D, Im not sure when im goin to be getin mine its on back order:(

5. Feb 14, 2009 at 6:18 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    AH HA at 3:09 AM the light bulb went off in my head. The last link was the big helper. Easy......yes it is, I liked the write up with pic's. Gonna do the same thing and post it here.
    THANKS...........

6. Feb 14, 2009 at 7:13 AM
    harshest

harshest I am the Sofa King

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Light On, Hidden Garage Door Opener, Scanguage II, Weathertech Liners, Cig lighter always on, Door buzzer removed from dash- Upcoming: 5100s for front and rear, set fronts to 2.5" and Toytec AALs.
    Yeah one of these days I will be doing similar to the last link as well. I will be interested in where you mount yours

7. Feb 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Waiting for paint to dry, then will do the mounting.
    Should have something on here late tonight or tomorrow.

8. Feb 16, 2009 at 3:59 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    here's mine

IMG_0010_31c45198bdcc4c221b3e9d22dc4db517277795d2.jpg

nothing fancy...sorry no writeup. only pic i have of it on this computer.

9. Feb 16, 2009 at 4:48 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    See we had the same idea!! When did you do it?

10. Feb 16, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Seen that before I started everything. I do have an option if that be the case on this end. That is the bracket I put down the side, pic doesn't show it, but I used the drill press and added a number of holes spaced apart just in case I needed to add another platform.
    Then at the top of the bend, I have a piece cut (ready to put on) that will hold relays.
    This way, like yours everything looks clean.

11. Feb 16, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Just love it when a plan comes together................:D

Now need to find a in-line fuse holder to hold a 60 amp fuse.

12. Feb 16, 2009 at 11:55 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Checked it out, and :D on the way.
    How does it mount, free float, double stick tape, or screw.

13. Feb 16, 2009 at 12:00 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet:)

14. Feb 16, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I will use a screw, don't want it to anywhere.

15. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:23 AM
    Iluvtacos

Iluvtacos Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Rock Hill, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport 4x4
    6" procomp lift, grillecraft grille, painted vent shades, 33" procomp extreme AT tires, Moto Metal wheels, Fabtech side steps, Shocker classic train horn, about ten more things which I can't remember
    Where do you get these fuse blocks?

Products Discussed in

To Top