1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Futon/Sofa Beds looking for cheap but not crappy one

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 07TacoRidah, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Apr 5, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    So I am moving into a spot with my pops temporarily and rather than lug a bed in the room I'm gonna be in I'm going to turn it into a small work studio. I was looking on google for some futons/sofa beds but there's a bunch of odd looking and expensive ones (the cheaper ones either I'm not happy with or they aren't really that great to begin with).

I'm basically looking for one that is a sofa and a bed all in one. The room is pretty small too, so nothing that large. There was a queen sized bed in there that I took out, it took up A LOT of space in the room (it was about 53" or so wide and around 73.5" to 74" long). Anyone know where a good place to get a futon/sofa bed at?

2. Apr 5, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
  3. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    tried Ikea, too pricey. But I like the fabric they have for them. As for Big Lots and Target, not a fan of the leather ones (wondering if the slip covers at Ikea will fit the sofa beds that Big Lots/Target have).

4. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I got one from wal mart, it was a cheaper one and it sucked ass. It was very uncomfortable and it would kind of fold if you layed in the middle of it. it was one of the metal frame ones. I would spend a few extra dollars and get a nice one. Why sacrafice your sleep/comfort?

5. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    I was going to say Ikea, but it sounds as if you have ruled that out. I think if you want something comfortable and looks good, spend a bit more on it. More than likely you will keep it for a long time o you can resell it to another person and make some money back.

6. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    lol if it's the one I'm thinking of, read the horror stories on that one.

true. man I'm kind of pissed now, when my homie was moving a year or two ago, his dad was slanging a tight ass futon, VERY expensive BUT FOR CHEAP (there wasn't really a need for it at the new house). I should have snagged it while I had the chance.

looked similar to this one

[​IMG]
    :(

Products Discussed in

To Top