1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Future Lift but questions now....

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Coma2010, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Jul 23, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    Coma2010

Coma2010 [OP] 2012 TRD Off Road Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Glendale
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD PreRunner Dbl Cab
    So im going to start either piecing together a 3" lift or buy one.... I guess the question is for you guys here in AZ. Did any of you buy your lift from a local dealer? If so what dealer? Was it a good price? Did you install or the shop? As I dont have a ton of tools.....Also I have the TRD but no 4X4. So I was thinking block for rear because I not going wheeling. Also I am a little confused on spacers like Revtek or OME.... I get most dont like but once again im not wheeling my truck. But i have read numerous builds and looked it all up....but when people say 5100s I assume shocks. but when they say adjusted or set at 2.5 inch or .85 or 3 inch. How do you adjust the shock or are they talking about coils with the shock? Once again I would like to hear all opinions about this even though some will not like spacers for the front and blocks for the rear. Also for wheels 18x9 with 4.5 backspacing.

2. Jul 23, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    TacoSID138

TacoSID138 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    Faded out tinted tails and 3rd brake light,deck-plate mod, dumped Flow Master 40, King EXTD coil overs, 1.5 AP shackles, AP EXPD leafs. 285 Hankook DynaPro ATM tires
    not from arizona but i can help you with what i know. dont do blocks or spacers, even if your not going to wheel. the ride will be shit. usally places like 4wheel parts will sell you a shitty suspension set up. do some more home work oj here so you dont get F'd. look more into the billys, they have different settings, you can use your stock coils. also look more into the OME lifts. you can use a add a leaf for the rer instead of the blocks.

3. Jul 23, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Like mentioned up top, the spacer and blocks ride like shit! I used to have a spacer lift but now have a real 3" suspension lift. I bought my stuff from Toytec and had some local guys from here help me with the install...we have MOD Days from time to time so just bring your stuff to the next one and we'll get it lifted

4. Jul 23, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    I would say stay away from spacer lifts. If you want to do it for less and only want to go about 2.5" then get 5100's all around, new springs up front and an add-a-leaf in back. Thats what I have, I am running 285's and your right at the limit of needing to drop bigger bucks on UCA's My truck wheels good, handles good. Only problem I have is I still rub but thats due to my tires.

Eventually I will go with full UCA's and a 3+ inch lift but for now I am happy with how mine sits.

Products Discussed in

To Top