1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gangs as domestic terrorists...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by kinetik873, Apr 26, 2010.

?

Should violent gangs be declared as domestic terrorists?

1. yes

210 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Apr 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    Whitetacoma04

Whitetacoma04 Easy Skanking

Member:
    First Name:
    Dawson
    Northwest, NJ
    Vehicle:
    04 2.4 liter base
    Painted grill, ventshades, chrome bumpers, clear corners, Stealth bulbs in blinkers, Extang tonneau, tint, 15" Ultra wheels, bridgestone deulers, flowmaster, had a 77 series intake for 5 or so years, removed in 2013, keep your intake stock too, TRD tip, Depo taillights, chicken lights, Rt.66 theme throughout.
    The terrorists we have to be concerned with are the millions of illegal immigrants who are putting their kids in school and taking with out giving back as stated above, and the drug smugglers that cross the border daily. This cheap heroin is a big problem!

[​IMG]

2. Apr 27, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    Ivan915

Ivan915 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    MS-13 originated in El Salvador and migrated to all parts of the United States. Los Angeles happens to have the biggest cell of MS-13 members. MS stand for Mara Salvatrucha.

3. Apr 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    terrorist gets thrown around a lot lately. i say no, they are not the same as terrorists. we have to be careful when using the terror label. wasn't it just in this past year that people displaying Gadsden Flags were looked upon as potential "domestic terrorists" from our media's perspective. i'm sure the British would've called the revolutionaries of this country terrorists...if they had ever heard of such a thing back then.

terrorists are not in it for the $$$, but rather religion & politics(two of my favorite things BTW:rolleyes:)...i'm pretty sure the main motivation behind gang violence can be linked to making money. also...it seems to me that most gang violence usually occurs towards another gang (bloods & crips), whereas "terrorist" acts seem to be towards the government. i mean...Al Quida doesn't have a problem with ME personaly...but i'm pretty sure they hate my current government and their policies and would kill me just to piss them off.

4. Apr 27, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    not sure where your from..but in socal..especially the south central area of la..athens...watts..there is a large portion of ms 13. trust me i run on guys gettin shot all the time either ms13..junior mafia..crips..bloods all the stupidness

5. Apr 27, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule ......................

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.
    Exactly, the word is already over used, we don't need to spread it around any more in the guise of security when it's going to be used to broaded the Governments power.

6. Apr 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    TimS

TimS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC tacoma/2005 access cab
    Rebuilt with flatbed 5100's, new spring packs
    Anyone or any group or gang etc who is doing harm to innocent people are terrorist, crooks, badguys, really nasty people, poorly developed social skilled people, having a bad day people, etc,etc,etc.... Call it them what you want, they are dirtbags and need to be cleaned up. Unfortunately having a term legally defined is important to the lawyers so they can make money and keep the scum out of jail.

7. Apr 27, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    I'm not saying gang members are worth two cents, but I can't see how gang members can be classified as domestic terrorists. Gang members are not attacking the fabric of what America stands for. I think their fight is fundamentally different from each other. Gangs attack other gang members for drug territory or such. I don't see how you could classify a Timothy McVay with a Raul or Jose, Bob the gang member on the side of the street slinging crack. Their purpose for inflciting violence has a complete different roots of aggression.

8. Apr 28, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    you forgot: retards, homos, handicaps and Jews...

sorry man, but you come off as Hitler from your above post--^

9. Apr 28, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    Its_Taco_Time

Its_Taco_Time Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    CST spindles, Magnaflow, TRD intake
    Good arguement. You may not think gangs do not attack the fabric of American society, but I do. Their very presence in a community attacks the fabric of society. They rob, extort, assault, murder, rape. Those activities are not subject to just inter-gang crimes, they involve the community around them, which impedes on people's rights, property and sometimes lives.

Think also of the recruitment of pre-teen kids. Brainwashing and controlling their minds is not too different from what Al Qaeda does. This impedes on the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness of the kids and their families. That is attacking the fabric of society.

10. Apr 28, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod

Love the avatar... Name so I can look it up later?

P.S. IBTL

11. Apr 29, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    Well, it first depends on ones definition of a gang.

But more importantly is that stereotyping any group of people usually isn't a good idea.

As far as if a group of people should be considered terrorists or not, I'd have to say that it would depend on the actions of the group. If the group promotes terrorist like activities, then yes. If the group doesn't promote those type of activities, then no. It should be on a case by case basis, not on a tv/movie stereotype (no clue how true these stereotypes are).

12. Apr 29, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    maxboostcore

maxboostcore Well-Known Member

Member:
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    x2 . One of members got sent back to El Salvador and started an MS13 there after being sent back.

13. Apr 29, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule ......................

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.
    This is a very slippery slope.

What if we were all hanging out at a truck meet at some lake where booze wasn't allowed, then a few people got popped.

We could be considered a "truck gang" and prosecuted under those same "domestic terrorist" laws.

Totally not what the law is designed for, but going by the past actions of the Government, not entirely unrealistic to think it could happen.

14. Apr 29, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    What I'm asking is about known gangs with known affiliations into int'l drug/arms/human trafficking. MS-13 is my prime example with gangs like the Triads and the Mexican mafia as close seconds. I do think there should be a well defined line between "terrorist" and "criminals" and the response should be appropriate for both. Let me throw this out there, A man can jump the fence at an abortion rally and be labeled a domestic terrorist, but the leader of a gang with confirmed ties to international criminal organizations that terrorize the populace use coercion and fear to achieve their ends are not? The more I research this, the more I think these cells should be removed from society. Is the Patriot act the answer? Not when it come to the rights of US citizens, however, there are assets adn techniques that could make apprehending these groups easier. Since the feds are getting a lot of people on RICO charges now, there may not be a need for an escalated use of force. Personally I agree with chinas approach, remove the problem and there wont be one. But in our society, that wont fly. At all. There are tons of peripheral issues that go into this, like prison reform and control, rehabilitation, cost of operations/assets, border security and enforcement etc. I just wanted to clarify my line of thought while trying to stay as objective as possible.

15. Apr 29, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    philobeddoe

philobeddoe ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    - philo
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Gray Tacoma TRD
    Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
    amigo ... Mara Salvatrucha originated in Los Angeles

founded by immigrants from El Salvador

there is no shortage of information available on Mara Salvatrucha, La Eme and the Latin Kings ... the first two originating in Los Angeles, and the third in Chicago ... the United States, not El Salvador, not Mexico and not Puerto Rico

all originally created to protect the members from being victimized by other gangs, and all evolving into notorious and powerful prison gangs as well as street gangs

16. Apr 29, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    philobeddoe

philobeddoe ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    - philo
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Gray Tacoma TRD
    Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
    you're overlooking something here
    by example, MS13, Mexican Mafia and Latin Kings have a huge presence in the prison system, and not just here and in our protectorates, but internationally ... originally, by trying to split these organizations up, the california penal system spread them throughout the state, and then ultimately, thanks to the federal prison system, spread them throughout the country. now, the ALL have an international presence, not just on the street but in prisons ... and the prison population has a strong impact upon and even dictates what happens and how out on the streets

so you see, these guys are already in the big house ... and if and until you're ready to start putting them up against the wall ... they're here to stay

this explains the resistance, of those in the know, against housing foreign terrorists, even those captured here, in US prisons

it is the quickest way to spread the cancer throughout the US and the world

it is bad news

and there is nothing RICO statutes can do about it

further, what is overlooked in the battle against foreign terrorist organizations, here and in the media, is that they are economically and not ideologically driven

do you're own homework, but Al Qeda, Muslim Brotherhood ... and the list goes on, there are too many to name, from todays powerbrokers like Hamas, to yesterday's like the PLO, PFLP, etc. ... are all criminal enterprises

... that's right, criminal enterprises, just like Cosa Nostra

they've all got an ideological component, but they are all criminal enterprises, profit driven illegal enterprises ... period

not freedom fighters, not protectors of the people or a cause or an ideology, which even MS13 hinds behind ... an ideology ... but they are all hard and fast criminals ... period.

17. Apr 30, 2010 at 3:54 AM
    CorrectionCop

CorrectionCop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Off Road SR5 V6 access cab
    Locking differential,TSB 4 Leaf Spring, Bug deflector.
    MS13 is a domestic gang!!! They formed in LA do your research!!!!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    [​IMG]
    Mara Salvatrucha [​IMG]
    Mara Salvatrucha gang member with gang's name tattooed on his back Years active 1980 - present Territory North America,
    Central America Ethnicity Latino Membership 50,000 Criminal activities Drug trafficking, robbery, contract killing, hijacking, human trafficking, illegal immigration, murder, People smuggling, pandering, extortion, rape, racketeering, assault, kidnapping, and arms trafficking. Allies Sinaloa Cartel, La Familia Michoacana Rivals Beltrán-Leyva Cartel, Los Zetas, Juarez Cartel Mara Salvatrucha (commonly abbreviated as MS, Mara, and MS-13) is a criminal gang that originated in Los Angeles and has spread to Central America, other parts of the United States, and Mexico.[1] The majority of the gang is ethnically composed of Central Americans an active in urban and suburban areas.
    Members of MS distinguish themselves by tattoos covering the body and also often the face as well as the use of an own sign language. They are notorious for their use of violence and a subcultural moral code that predominantly consists of merciless revenge and cruel retributions.
    This excessive cruelty of the distinguished members of the "Maras" or "Mareros", earned them a path to be recruited by the criminal organization of Sinaloa, Joaquin Guzman, to be trained in handling weapons and counter the force from the Gulf Organization (Los Zetas), a war that rages south of the United States Border.[2][3] [4]

18. May 2, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I voted in parallel to this guy.

19. Oct 31, 2010 at 10:01 AM
    DOERanger

DOERanger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport SB
    No Mudflaps, Fog lights on all the time, Map light/Dome light mod, Door sill protectors, In-channel window guards, Re-badged and sock-monkeyed,many more to come.
    I voted no. By definition these two groups (terrorists and gangs) are different. Sure, they may act the same a lot of times, by their intentions are completely different. Organized criminals are not trying to destroy America because of her values, it's just that it happens that way so we perceive them as doing such. Their intent is to make money, increase membership, power, and influence. They do not attack for the sole purpose of fear, in other words to instill terror.
    This is not to say that they are low down and worthy of the quick and powerful hand of justice to come calling in the middle of the night. It's just that these two groups are completely different and when it comes to labeling someone as a terrorist we are forced to observe their intentions, not just actions.

20. Oct 31, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    anonymous7

anonymous7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    TRD Sport 4x4, Satoshi grill mod, TRD Cold Air Intake,
    It is a choice to be "them" and its not a right, the fact that they label themselves as part of a "gang", does just that. There is no newer or broader law being applied to them in his statement, he only recommends that we charge them for acting as domestic terrorist rather than criminals. I do believe that what they do can be very much done so in a terrorist fashion.

I don't feel that trying them in a justice system as "terrorists" would be in any way incriminating them unjustly. They are not just causing damage, they want to be above the law.

This is a pretty standard definition. There is no real way to get around this and there are plenty of "gangs" that seek to be the top in influence in there area's of operation (or broader area's to include the entire US)

Regardless of what we call it, these are acts of terrorism. Whether you call them a terrorist or not is up to you.

Products Discussed in

To Top