1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gangs as domestic terrorists...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by kinetik873, Apr 26, 2010.

?

Should violent gangs be declared as domestic terrorists?

1. yes

210 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Nov 4, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    Trapper6speed

Trapper6speed Hacksaw engineer

Member:
    Stock
    This would be the good. I would like to see the decline of gang bangers and Jack asses that look like them. I remember watching gangland. Most gang bangers have jobs to support themselves. And they support illegal transport of a lot of crap. Could help a lot of things.

2. Nov 4, 2010 at 8:45 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    I hope you're joking...and that picture really says more against your argument than for it.

As someone previously was discussing with the european settlers in this country...we definitely took this country by forceful means and to say 'it was going to happen anyways' doesn't make it any more excusable, however, the government has taken many steps to make things right.

I voted no since gangs don't really have a political agenda nor do they specifically aim at harming innocent people. Do I think they're bad? Of course, but they don't really fit the definition of terrorist. They cause terror and fear, but not as their sole purpose and not for the same reasons. I could see a more valid argument made for the KKK and organizations of the like since they used fear to further a political agenda.

3. Nov 4, 2010 at 8:54 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Sooner or later troops are gonna be deployed in Mexico....

4. Nov 4, 2010 at 9:00 PM
    The tacoman

The tacoman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD
    I voted no because, like many others have said, I don't feel that their main goals are to kill, harm, or cause terror in Americans. While I do feel that they are worthless and should be given much attention to put a stop to them, I don't feel that they are terrorists. Sometimes gangs do perform random murders etc., but they do them more so to prove themselves to the gang rather than scare the public. I would imagine that if you talk to terrorists and they had the means to destroy the US then they would, but if you gave this same option to most gangs I don't think they would.

Whatever the case it is a screwed up world, and the way we are going about fighting both of these problems is just going to get tougher and more complicated. I just hope that we as a country are up for some of the changes and sacrifices that we are going to have to make.

5. Nov 4, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SAnta Paula CA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD sPort 4x4 (11mgmsport)
    oem pro grill 17” pro rep wheels Fox dsc shocks
    I'm Mexican I would go fight the cartels ... Those fuckers have no respect for women or children ... Fight evil with a greater evil

6. Nov 5, 2010 at 4:35 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    US Border patrol is hiring, starting pay is really good too....

7. Nov 5, 2010 at 5:02 AM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    If folks want to come into this country through the front door that's cool. But this sneaking in bull shit has to come to an end.

8. Nov 6, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    Trapper6speed

Trapper6speed Hacksaw engineer

Member:
    Stock
    Agreed. There lucky that our country dosent do things like Vlad the impailer did things. Kept the muslems out of Europe for a while but kinda harsh.

9. Nov 30, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I voted yes...i believe gangs fit the domestic terrorist definition quite well. The Aryan Nation is politically inclined from what I understand. Gangs amongst other groups such as ELF and ALF are indeed a threat to life here at home. Some such groups are as dangerous as foreign groups are. Just groups like ELF and ALF are much harder to catch and track than gangs are being as they operate as individual cells.

Products Discussed in

To Top