1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Garage floor epoxy coating

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by MudFlap, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Feb 7, 2024 at 8:16 AM
    MudFlap

MudFlap [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Memphis (north mississippi)
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Anyone ever had this done? Or even better yet do it yourself?

Considering doing this since I'm destroying my garage floor with oil and grease from working on my truck mostly. I'm wondering how well these coatings do against oil stains and such. I'm talking about AFTER the epoxy coating is down. Does it stain and clean up easily? Is it slippery as hell when it's wet? If you did it yourself... any tips? Considering DIY job, but not against paying to have it done.

Gen1TacoLady likes this.
  2. Feb 7, 2024 at 8:17 AM
    Squirt

Squirt Certified in forklifts and meme stealing =)

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Cornfields of Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat with 3.5L of fury!!
    Rexing front and rear dash camera, some LEDs, Weathertech HP floor liners/vent shades/bug deflector/underseat storage bin, OEM Ford bed mat, Diode Dynamics SS3 Pros in selective yellow, Diode Dynamics 18" light bar in amber and universal Carhartt seat covers. Bak Revolver X4S tonneau cover. Android Auto USB plug upgrade! H11 to H9. Sound deadened/insulated floors and rear wall. VLED license plate reverse light. Yokohama GO15s. Rokblokz mud flaps. Flowmaster Super 50 Series with stock resonator. J&L catch can. Speedys Equipment resonator.
    Gen1TacoLady likes this.
  3. Feb 7, 2024 at 8:18 AM
    Kwikvette

Kwikvette Chief Executive Officer at Kwik Fab

Member:
    Fresno County
    Stock
    If you weld at all, stay away.

MudFlap[OP] and Gen1TacoLady like this.
  4. Feb 7, 2024 at 8:51 AM
    Gen1TacoLady

Gen1TacoLady I like turtles

Member:
    First Name:
    Pond Princess
    Washington County, MD
    Vehicle:
    '95 Red Tacoma
    I did! Good memory!
    Before woodworking, I worked on a crew who did epoxy floors. It's not super hard to do. It can be messy, think of it like handling glue when you're putting it down. It will peel off your skin when dry, but on the wall may be a different story. We were using polyspartic type I believe because the quality and drying times were better/faster. Conditions are important like with any other finishing product. Low humidity is good. There's drying time and curing time and you don't want to have anything heavy on it before curing time. If it's a big garage timing can also be an issue when applying it. The guys always told the customers that the clean up was easy and people mostly had it done in their garages, so I assumed that included oil spills, but I'm not sure it was explicitly mentioned, so further research would not be a bad idea. It's rubbery when finished. Anything can be slippery when wet but you can get a gritty finish I believe if you're concerned about it.

That's what comes to mind. If you have more specific questions I may be able to help, but everyone around here is so resourceful to begin with, so someone else may know more. :thumbsup:

5. Feb 7, 2024 at 8:57 AM
    CM52375

CM52375 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2024 Smoked Mesquite Limited Tundra
    I had my garage floor done through a company called Titan and while expensive it was worth every penny. Took them about 8 hours to get the floor done and after completion it looked great. Plus lifetime warranty so piece of mind. Cleans super easy with dawn soap and a push broom and no stains whatsoever, everything comes off very easily. Is a little slick but only when wet. Other than that I’ve been real happy about it. Plus saved me the hassle of having to do it myself.

6. Feb 7, 2024 at 8:58 AM
    FastEddy59

FastEddy59 TTC #0061

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Smack, Dab in the middle of Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    '13 Barc. Red Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Rigid 23004 Radiance light bar Cheap 3K 18W LED Fogs General AT-2's Pioneer AVH4200NEX w/ iDatalink JL XD5003V2 Focal 165KRX2's JL 10TW3 Arcticstart 803
    Saw quite a few parking garage floors being done. Always best to get new concrete done after it cures. Existing stuff should be cleaned best you can. I used concrete etch & a commercial floor machine I “borrowed” for the weekend. Lotsa good products out there too.

Gen1TacoLady[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Feb 7, 2024 at 9:05 AM
    Gen1TacoLady

Gen1TacoLady I like turtles

Member:
    First Name:
    Pond Princess
    Washington County, MD
    Vehicle:
    '95 Red Tacoma
    Cracks in concrete need to be fixed before you put it down. That stuff will seep right into the cracks.

FastEddy59 likes this.
  8. Feb 7, 2024 at 9:25 AM
    FastEddy59

FastEddy59 TTC #0061

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Smack, Dab in the middle of Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    '13 Barc. Red Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Rigid 23004 Radiance light bar Cheap 3K 18W LED Fogs General AT-2's Pioneer AVH4200NEX w/ iDatalink JL XD5003V2 Focal 165KRX2's JL 10TW3 Arcticstart 803
    IMG_4324.jpg

This^^^is the stuff used on the last job. Turned out real nice & stood up to the salt very well. :)

Gen1TacoLady[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top