1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Garage section needed!

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by Clearwater Bill, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Nov 28, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill [OP] Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    It's really a shame this great forum doesn't have a Garage section where tech articles can be placed so all the thread digging becomes unnecessary. Some of you have written great articles (in threads) which get burdened down with comments.

The same article produced in something like Word, submitted to moderators for validation, clarification, (basically proof reading and editing suggestions) then placed in the Garage in a generational section would make research for all of us less painful.

Even when a newbie rolls in and ignores the great reading the Garage would become, referring them to the Garage article that fits their question would be easier than giving them a half dozen 12 page thread links. ;)

If you'd like to see a model of what I'm suggesting from a great forum that uses the same software as this one, try Miata.net

2. Nov 28, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    Clearwater Bill

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    I do. Stickies are great to keep commonly asked about information at the top of a forum.

However, the stickies here are not locked. Thus, like a 'normal' thread, they get clabbered up with lots of posts, most of which add no value to the topic.

Stuff like 'great job' and 'subed' don't help anyone doing research.

I'm all for showing appreciation when someone has worked out something for the good of the order, but that can be done via PM, email, etc.

Here's another. Make a BS forum. Lots of BS threads that clutter up the various forums. BS is fine. But pile 'em all in one spot, so folks can peruse the specific forums (generations, tires, etc) w/o wading through the BS.

I'm not upset. Lots of great info and experienced people here. Very valuable to Taco owners. I'm just offering suggestions that I think would make a good forum better.

I mean we are in the site suggestion forum, right? :D

3. Nov 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 Professional Threadjacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 PreRunner V6 DCSB
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    I'm for it, however it would probably help out if these articles you speak of could be rounded up for the mods to kickstart the new section

4. Nov 28, 2014 at 3:37 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    Not really. More something like this...........

Cuts out all the extraneous chatter. When someone else has an improvement on the process in an article, it can be added to, something like this one..........

To Top