1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Garmin Nuvi 265wt mounting

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thomasr1950, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Dec 4, 2009 at 6:25 PM
    thomasr1950

thomasr1950 [OP] 19 Tacoma TRD Off Road

Member:
    central us
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Has anyone got any new mounting locations for their GPS? I want to get a bracket to mount it in so that both are easily removeable to deter theft.

2. Dec 4, 2009 at 7:02 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    :spy: mines above rear veiw mirror stuck to the glass with factory suck cup.shhhhhhhh.

3. Dec 4, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    wouldnt say it new, but mounted my gps in the very top left ( seated in seat left ) corner of front windshild. was able to run the power wire in the rubber seal along the door. Plus there its not easily seen, and mostly out of the sun so it doesnt bake. Actually since i put it there i havent removed it.

4. Dec 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I seldom use my Garmin. But when I do I mount it down low on my windshield to the left of my radar detector.

5. Dec 5, 2009 at 5:52 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I haven't figured out the power cord yet because my wife has had the GPS more than I have- but this is the same spot I use. You can't even tell it there from the outside when I put my sunshade in the window and it keeps it up on your primary view field but not right in front of you face.

6. Dec 5, 2009 at 6:01 AM
    Pitt1552

Pitt1552 Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Regular Cab 4x4
    i mounted mine in front of the cubby by the shifter. used the little plastic plate on the left inner portion of the cubby and then used the suction cup on there. able to tuck all of the wires and everything inside. only problem was that i needed to get a right angle plug to use the aux jack. had to play around w/ the positioning a bit to keep from hitting it when going into 5th, got about 1/2 inch of clearance. other than that it works great and is somewhat out of sight.

7. Dec 5, 2009 at 6:39 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    When I am not using it I just put it in the center console. Problem solved

8. Dec 10, 2009 at 10:05 PM
    jabrackin

jabrackin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad
    Thomas, do you like your 265wt? I just got one and am going to get it hardwired.

9. Dec 10, 2009 at 11:07 PM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    I have seen one mounted under the ac controls with velcro, it looks pretty good imo.

10. Dec 11, 2009 at 8:19 PM
    2007TacBorla4X4

2007TacBorla4X4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4 Short Bed
    Borla cat back, K&N cold air, Silver star bulbs, Nerf bars,NEW BFG, Weather teck windows, Flash light on the drivers seat, TRD off Road ft tow hook, Rear driving lights on bumper, Weather teck windows & ft bug guard, 4X4 switch glows, Windows tinted 20% sun shade
    I took out the radio & ran the wire through the def vent , then put a cig lighter behind the radio & put a new rocker switchs in...I also did the same thing on 4Runner but I out a small hole in the JBL speaker grill....

11. Dec 11, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    do you guys have problems with your stupid garmin suction cup thing? mine never wants to stay on the damn windshield or on the circular plastic thing

12. Dec 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    No problems with any suction cups on my windshield. Clean the cup and windshild with some windex and allow it to dry and you should be fine.

My garmin (now upgraded to my Droid) is/was mounted in the bottom left of my windshield. This allows you to route wires up the door seal around the pillar and bring them out right next to your GPS. Thats what I've done for my droid now, aka super duper gps/internet radio/TacomaWorld browser/gaming system. :p

13. Dec 11, 2009 at 8:57 PM
    BPachom

BPachom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5, 4cyl 4X4, Black
    Access roll-up tonneau cover, Factory radio W/Sirius, Tailgate clamp, HID head lights, Stainless nerf bars.
    I have a Magellan, using the factory mount minus the suction cup, I simply wedge the mount between the dash and steering column. Easy install/setup and removal.

Here are the pics;

GPS.jpg
    GPS Side view.jpg

14. Dec 11, 2009 at 9:17 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    Thsi is where i put mine.. (old stereo btw)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top