1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas gage problem

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Palmettobird, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Apr 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    Palmettobird

Palmettobird [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner SR5
    I am new to the forum and just bought an 01 PreRunner with the 3.4. The fuel gage will only rise up to about 1/2 way on the scale after filling the tank and reads empty for a while even though there is fuel in the tank. The guy I bought it from said he dropped the tank and replaced something (sensor?) but that didn't fix it. So for now I drive it until the light comes on. Any suggestions? I searched for this topic but didnt see anything.

2. Apr 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    82 yotaman

82 yotaman H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Member:
    First Name:
    BUBBA
    Northern colorado
    Vehicle:
    1982 toyta pickup/2013 toy MGM dcab 4x4 trd
    avs bugshield, avs inchannel vent visors, weather techs, trd shift knob, tailgate theft mod, windows tinted to 20%, wet okole front and back and black level 8 guardians wrapped in 265/75/R16 Cooper ATP's oil catch can mod interior LED's, pop & lock pl5500, Leer 180 topper
    Buy a new fuel sender it's in the tank if you don't know or take out the fuel sender and clean the contacts of the fuel sender are with an eraser if that don't work get a new one

3. Apr 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    TacoDell

TacoDell Truck ~n~ Tow

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tacoma SR5 4X
    Donahoe CO's, Deaver leaf paks, Lockright Locker, All Pro body armor ( sliders, front and rear bumpers ), All Pro under belly skids, Warn M8K w/Masterpull synthetic line, Dual Optima battery system, 4 ea LightForce Striker 170 offroad lights, 8 ea wired rock lights, and plenty more I'm sure
    is there a dent in the tank ?

^ not the skid plate... he could have straightened that
    and left the tank dented.

that'll do it

...trust no one

To Top