1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

gas has been up... tacoma selling much?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by linkfeeney, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Apr 30, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    Clelsdah

Clelsdah Western Alliance: Yeehaw Division

Member:
    No California Foothills
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4
    Bed mat, tube steps, Ipod interface, Ride-rite air springs
    Lets not forget about California tax rates and our gas prices. We have the nations highest rates for gas and I paid a ^&*(%$ load of state taxes this year. We have 5 oil refineries in the county I work in and still the highest rates. AS far as buying I used USAA's buying service and had the best buying experience. $600 under invoice without any headaches or haggling. If you have USAA I would recommend it highly.

Hey Roland, what kind of booze do you brew?

2. Apr 30, 2008 at 5:31 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    I make wine, Mead and brew beer.:proposetoast: I've bottled or am working about 250 bottles of assorted wines since the fall because I'm hoping to make enough that some of it will have a chance to properly age before we finish it.

3. Apr 30, 2008 at 5:47 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Its weird the gas is so high up there, in Mexico we don't have refineries, we have to send the oil to India and other places and then import the refined gas....

4. May 1, 2008 at 4:17 AM
    Viper-2

Viper-2 Secret Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner with many mods
    I wouldn't go this far, Bush was Hell bent on war anfd so were the copperheads in his administration who were talkin g about war with Iraq for years earlier.

But I agree about the military not being peace keeping...

Also, every attampt at a war on terror, a war on drugs and a war on crime has failed miserably.

There are so many damned armchair warriors on here. ;)

5. May 1, 2008 at 4:46 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's

WTF are you talking man? do you live in NJ? If you dont STFU.

6. May 1, 2008 at 4:48 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Iraq's compliance with the UN inspection requirements would have prevented or indefinitely delayed military action no matter how badly President Bush (It pisses me off when people call him "Bush". He is a president damn it and deserves the respect the position commands, like him or not.) or anyone else in the United Stated may have wanted it.

So... I should wait until the scheduled mileage to switch to the synthetic gear oils or would I see enough benefit to make it worth doing at 17,000ish miles?

7. May 1, 2008 at 5:58 AM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    man, we went to iraq and we still dont have cheap gas prices?!?!?! Troops are dying for nothing. The political should send their own children to fight this. Bunch of pussies! Other people are expendible but not theirs!!

I saw a radiant red... 4 door, off rd package..SO HOT!!!
    I also like the FJ crusier Trail Team edition with the black rims!! HOT TOO!!!

If the gas was hovering around $2. to $2.5.... I can still make it work.
    Now in NJ is like $3.40.... I should sell my blood!! O+ baby... works on everyone!!! Spreading the love!!!

8. May 1, 2008 at 6:22 AM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R Out DERP'n

Member:
    Republik of Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ Tradesman Shell
    Just the basics
    This is a simple response put forth by someone who didn't understand the statement he was responding to.

Have you ever been out of the United States of America? To a third world country? Ever wiped your ass with your bare hand because the people of the country you were visiting don't use nor do they have toilet paper? No? Then STFU.

I have been to NJ. I wouldn't chose to live there. I would however fight to protect NJ from foreign threat and would hope you would do the same for CA. It amazes and saddens me how simple most of my fellow Americans have become. We are in for a wake up call the likes of which we have not seen in generations. America is not at the top of the food chain any longer. Our dollar is weak, today Iran said they will no longer trade Oil for U.S. Dollars. The U.S. doesn't produce many "goods" compared to just thirty years prior. We have become uneducated, lazy, soft, and vulnerable. Are we safer now?

As for the comment about calling George W. Bush, "Bush" get over it. When Clinton, Bush senior, Reagan, Carter, etc were in office people referenced them by last name only from time to time. I served in the military and it would have been the hardest salute to render should I have had to present arms to "Bush". Would I? Yes, a sharp Marine salute just as he receives when he boards Marine One. He and his administration have not abided by this document we have, called the...um...Constitution. It is kind of important. Read it. You may need it one day soon.

Oh yeah, I've been waiting on my new Taco for about 3 months. During that time I have seen dealers with vehicles just sitting. I test drove an FJ Trail Teams Special Edition this past weekend. You would think it would be in high demand. It has been on the lot for 111 days. The same dealer has seven more. Oil/Gas isn't going down folks. It never has. Oh it may fluctuate but it does not fall in price. In the 70's a barrel of oil sold for around $15.00. Now thirty some odd years later it is at $115.00. Dealers should be practically giving away most vehicles.

9. May 1, 2008 at 6:30 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I'm not saying its right or wrong but unfortunately, peace keeping is part of the Army's mission statements for Active and Reserve Forces (Title 10 US Code). I only said Army because that is what I served in for 25 years retiring in July 2007. To those who have given the ultimate sacrifice god bless their families & loved ones.

As far as gas & tacomas selling, consumers consume regardless of price.

10. May 1, 2008 at 6:43 AM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R Out DERP'n

Member:
    Republik of Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ Tradesman Shell
    Just the basics
    Thank you for your service. I come from a family of those who have served.
    Think though, are we keeping the peace? I'm not familiar with Title 10. Are we protecting our interests overseas, our country here? Our nationaly guard is not doing what it was originally conceived to do. Katrina would have been dealt with very differently had our guardsmen been in country. I know they are an auxilliay to the regular military branches but when they have been drained down and sent overseas for extended periods we are not doing right by our citizen soldiers/airmen.

I remember seening a photograph Marine on the cover of National Geographic during one of Floridas hurricaines during a time where our military was not overtaxed all over the globe. We used to be seen as the country with a power so great that in international times of need we would be there to help.
    Right after 9/11 the U.S. practically had the globe ready to help us. Our actions in Iraq have jeopardized our global standing more than most are willing to admit or realize.

Crap its time to sleep.

11. May 1, 2008 at 6:53 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    I first want to say Thank You for serving this great county! I never once said that I didn't wanna live in this great county, yes I have been to other counties and yes we live in the best county in the world. I however do not agree with some of the decisions our president has made (hence I don't like him) that's why I called him and Idiot. I think you are confused with what I was saying, I grew up in Michigan and living in Jersey is def not the same as living there. That was what I was comparing Jersey to, most of my family is /was in the military so the last thing I would ever want to do is disrespect anyone in the military. :thumbsup:

12. May 1, 2008 at 7:36 AM
    Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Member:
    Nobody enjoys paying more for gas, but this statement is just ludicrous.

More than 4000 US soldiers have given their lives in Iraq. You are implying that those soldiers have accomplished nothing unless the price of gas goes down. How utterly disrespectful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Making gas cheaper has never been one of the mission objectives in Iraq.

By worldwide standards, the US still has relatively low cost gasoline especially compared to the average wage rates. Look at historical gas prices that are adjusted for inflation, shown on the red line below. Yes, we are at a peak but it isn't like we're way out of the range that we've been before.

Unfortunately, as the dollar stays weak and demand for oil grows in emerging markets, it is hard to imagine oil prices falling back to previous levels.

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Oil/Gasoline_inflation_chart.htm

13. May 1, 2008 at 7:49 AM
    99TRD

99TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma TRD OR DC Auto V6
    Smoke headlights, improved LED tail lights...Pending: De-chrome badges and grille, new tires
    Some really well thought out explanations on this thread.

I can sum it up with a bumper sticker I saw in Ohio (another hard hit state, but a MUCH better place to live than NJ and yes, I have been there numerous times) last week....

"Like him or not, George Bush has kept your ass safe"

I hope the next president does.

14. May 1, 2008 at 7:57 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    You sound like Micheal Moore. politicians should send their own children? what kind of sense does that make? nobody in America SENDS their children off to war. a parent cant sign up their kid, put 'em on a boat and ship them overseas. soldiers are mature men and women 18 years or older that CHOOSE to serve their country. nobody forces them to go against their will. Do i get upset when a soldier is killed? hell yeah! But its part of the job, they know the risk when they sign up but they do it anyway because their desire to serve outweighs their desire for self preservation. Both my cousins and my uncle are firefighters. i hate the idea of them running into a burning building. and there is a possibility that they will die doing it. am i gonna blame the politicians or the fire chief? No, they volunteered for the job. they chose to do it and its understood that death is a possibility. I'm tired of the media and politicians acting like soldiers are the victims. like they are getting plucked out of their homes and thrown in the desert in the sights of a terrorists AK-47. Soldiers aren't victims they're heroes and deserve to be respected and honored, not pitied

15. May 1, 2008 at 8:00 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    I love how this got into a discussion about how bad Jersey is to live in. :laugh:

16. May 1, 2008 at 8:10 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    The US is great if you don't like it get the fugg out of our country, simple as that-so there is your STFU!

Gas prices suck everywhere besides Mexico it sounds like. But then again how is the health care, dirt roads etc.

17. May 1, 2008 at 8:22 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road

Read my post above yours jackass does that sound like someone who is all upset. I never once complained about the price of gas in this thread, its not my fault your dumb-ass cant read. In my post I was agreeing with another TW member who is also from New Jersey and he/she is dealing with the same BS that I am. By the way I am from Michigan just currently living in Jersey. :wave:

18. May 1, 2008 at 8:23 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    we all need to drink some of Rolands home brew...where can we get some?

19. May 1, 2008 at 8:25 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    you weep what you sow then, don't get all East coast on me man if you don't like your life damn. SO on another note, how are the women in Jersey?

20. May 1, 2008 at 8:29 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    I love my Life man, just hate some of retarted laws in NJ is all. Woman are awesome that why I am still living here. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top