1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas in my oil

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Zerick7, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Jan 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    Zerick7

Zerick7 [OP] New Member

Member:
    NE
    Vehicle:
    05 off Road
    I have a V6 Double Cab 4x Offroad 05 Taco with about 70,000 miles.
    The check engine light came on last week. At thet time it started to knock. I took it immedietely to my mechanic. They checked the oil pressure among other things. It was down to 7lbs. The oil light light had not gone on. They drained the oil and their was gas in the oil. They changed the oil and it runs fine now. They cannot explain what happened. Anybody heard of this?

2. Jan 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    82 yotaman

82 yotaman H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Member:
    First Name:
    BUBBA
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    1982 toyta pickup/2013 toy MGM dcab 4x4 trd
    avs bugshield, avs inchannel vent visors, weather techs, trd shift knob, tailgate theft mod, windows tinted to 20%, wet okole front and back and black level 8 guardians wrapped in 265/75/R16 Duratracs oil catch can mod interior LED's, pop & lock pl5500, Leer 180 topper, OME full lift with Arb bullbar
    The only thing I can think of would be maybe one of your injectors stuck open and unburned fuel got past the piston rings becareful if thats the case cuz gas will wash your chylinder walls causeing your piston skirts to scratch up your chylinder walls causing loss of compresion

3. Jan 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    I have seen where fuel has ended up in the engine crankcase. As for your specific truck, I would look at finding that problem before driving it and causing any serious damage to the engine. 7 lbs of oil pressure can begin to cause serious damage. The oil pressure lights are garbage in my opinion because it takes so little pressure to turn the light off. This results in damaging low oil pressure before any warning is really given.

Products Discussed in

To Top