1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas Mileage Help

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by DGaF.OC.Taco, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Jan 21, 2017 at 7:23 AM
    MadRiverTaco

MadRiverTaco Join TW, they said. It's free, they said.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brenden
    Waterbury, VT
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black DCSB TRD OR "Caroline"
    King 2.5 Ext. w/ Compression Adjusters (Front & Rear), Dakars w/ D29XL, TC UCA's & LCA's, ARE CX, 17" SEMA Pro's, 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks, BORA spacers, Rigid Side shooter ditch lights, ATHF bedside reinforcements, OME carrier bearing drop bracket, extended rear brake lines, Northstar 27F battery, Yakima Jetsream crossbars, OEM roof rack, OEM skid plate, TRD Pro grill, URD TCAI, 5.7L Throttle Body, BensonX bedside tool mounts, fire extinguisher bedside mount, AMP research bed step, Redline Tuning hood struts, ECGS needle bearing mod, CV Boot slide mod, Differential breather mod, U-Bolt Flip Kit w/ Timbren Bumpstops, A-pillar RAM mount w/ cell phone holder, ProFX tow mirrors with turn signals and heat, "Raptor" lights, DEPO taillights, motorized Pop n' Lock
    Disagree. Both make the engine run easier, thus increasing hp and fuel efficiency. Now I agree that they won't yield significant gains compared to OEM for the price, but they certainly help the gas mileage when holding driving habits constant.

2. Jan 21, 2017 at 9:17 AM
    DGaF.OC.Taco

DGaF.OC.Taco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    11 4x4 Taco
    Volant CAI, Doug Thorley Shorties, 3" Cat Back, OME 885x and Bilstein 5100's, 17" KMC XD126 w/ 285/70/17 BFG AT KO2's, Magna Flow, Remote Start, Tinted, Wind Guards
    Thanks for the tips man. Honestly though, I have an 850 mile road trip on Sunday and a 1000 mile road trip next Thursday. If I go 70 mph instead of 85, my trip to Colorado will take an extra 2 hours, and my trip back home would take an extra 2.5 hours. I'd rather burn through an extra 12-15 gallons of gas or so each way (which will cost $24-$30 more) to save those extra couple of hours on the road. My time is just worth more than trying to get good gas mileage, haha.

MadRiverTaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jan 21, 2017 at 9:37 AM
    Blahma

Blahma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab LB
    Little over 1k miles on my 2017 V6 Auto stock and I have not got any better than 13-14ish. Granted it is winter time and most of my trips are stop and go.

DGaF.OC.Taco[OP] likes this.
  4. Jan 21, 2017 at 9:46 AM
    Marshall R

Marshall R Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marshall
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD double cab
    none
    The bigger tires mean your speedometer and odometer are not accurate. When you check fuel mileage you are actually driving farther than the odometer registers meaning you're getting a little better fuel mileage than you think. When your speedometer says 65, you're actually doing 70+. These trucks suck gas at speeds over 60 mph and once you reach 70+ they suck it even faster. Driving habits can easily make 2-3 mpg difference between different drivers in the same truck. You have a several things adding up to combine for poor fuel mileage.

5. Jan 21, 2017 at 8:05 PM
    RedRed

RedRed TACO TUESDAY!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Red
    Lake Norman NC
    Vehicle:
    15 taco with stuff & things
    1.75" Billy's plus 1/4 spacer on both sides. 1" block in rear. 265/70/17 nitto g2 SCS matte dark bronze 6s
    False

Products Discussed in

To Top