1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas mileage on an F-250

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by JaSkynyrd, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Feb 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    The average on Fuelly is like 15.5 for that truck. Seems unlikely. However, I have seen a duramax with an efi tune get 27 mpg when I was riding in it. Talk about having no power though...

2. Feb 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    slowmod01

slowmod01 Active Member

Member:
    It's doable. the gas mileage on the new psd's are all over the place, you can find people getting anywhere from 13-24mpgs depending on driving habits and location. Just like a select few people on this board are getting mid to upper 20's in their 4wd tacos, while others are getting 15. Pops has a 2011 fx4 crew cab psd, it's averaging 18 and change in mixed city hwy and mtn driving. He said it seems to be improving slightly over time as well.

I'm right down the road from Garmon's diesel, my brother was one of his groupies for a few years. he (brother) had two 6.0 psd's CC 2wd's that were consistent 23mpg hwy if he could keep his foot out of it, i think his last one was 450ish at the wheels. Big tires don't affect a diesel like they do gassers either. Garmon can do some crazy shit to a diesel, especially the older Cummins, 625hp is nothing. In fact last i saw him he has a two wheel drive standard cab truck that was in the area of 7-800ish at the wheels, i believe he said it would get high 20's - no bs.

Products Discussed in

To Top