1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas Pedal Recall Fallout...TSB/Warranty Work Prediction

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SManZ, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Jan 28, 2010 at 3:04 PM

SManZ [OP] el tráfico más lento se queda derecha

Sep 15, 2009
    Centreville, VA
    '10 Supercharged 4x4 Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Just a thought...you guys that have been putting off TSB/warranty work might want to get on it sooner rather than later.

Once a solution is found for the gas pedal recall, you can bet that dealer service centers will be innundated. I would look for non-critical TSB and warranty services to be postponed until the demand for gas pedal recall services stabilizes.

From what I can find on Wiki, there are about 1200 US Toyota dealers and an additional 200 Lexus dealers. Unless Toyota figures out how to get this work done outside of their dealer service network, thats only 1400 centers for 2.3 million vehicles affected with the sticky pedal assembly. If you consider even distribution, thats 1600+ vehicles per service center to go through.

If it hasn't happened already, you can probably look for TSB support through Toyota corporate to become difficult to access as well. I wouldn't look for Toyota to talk to your service manager to help you get TSB work done once the gas pedal recall flood starts.
To Top