1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas Pedal Recall Work Done

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rocketball, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Aug 4, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I'm in 100% agreement with your post mang :cheers:

And the carpet mats came with the truck...they were listed on the window sticker.

2. Aug 4, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    :cheers:

3. Aug 5, 2010 at 6:19 AM
    rosebud

rosebud Love that transmission!

Member:
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    Stock suspension, stock wheels, stock bumper, stock, stock, stock, dammit!
    I just talked to the dealership. They said that the gas pedal was shortened and heightened, but that the floor board was not altered in the Tacomas, but is being altered in other cars. I really do feel a difference in my floor board! It feels like there is a crevice on the left side under the brake pedal. I find it hard to believe that a change in the position and length of the gas pedal would create that much of an illusion, especially on the opposite side. I guess I can't know for sure without tearing out the carpet. No plans to do that unless it continues to bug me. lol

Oh well. :rolleyes:

4. Aug 5, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    NAYo2002

NAYo2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Great Falls, MT
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Michelin LTX A/T2, TRD Skid Plate, WeatherTech DigiFit Liners, OEM Bed Extender, OEM Bed mat, Advantage TorzaTop Trifold Tonneau, Pop & Lock PL5300
    They may not be doing it on Tacomas by their instructions but are you sure the service guy is following Tacoma specific instructions?

I just ask because when I had my Accessories Skid Plate installed (part of the deal of purchasing the vehicle,) the service "technician" wrongly removed the factory front skid even though it clearly stated in the instructions to leave it on. I had to point it out to the manager before they went back and re-installed it.

5. Aug 5, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    rosebud

rosebud Love that transmission!

Member:
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    Stock suspension, stock wheels, stock bumper, stock, stock, stock, dammit!
    I am not sure, no. I wasn't even asked before they did this, either. It feels like the padding has been removed from the floor under the brake pedal. I would have to take it back in and have them check, which is another day without my truck, and then I wonder if they would tell me the truth.

Is there an easier way to tell if it has been removed without ripping up the carpet? Is the floor pretty much straight/level with the padding? Mine is not. There is clearly a valley in mine and I don't think it was like that before I took it in yesterday.

6. Aug 5, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    I don't want them touching my gas pedal. There is nothing wrong with it.

7. Aug 5, 2010 at 9:22 AM
    Hipster

Hipster Nothing beats a Butter Shave..

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC trd 4x4
    Billy's @ .85 w/ Eibachs front, TSB w/ 5100's rear + 1.5" AAL & shims, Debadged, Avid Bolt On Sliders, NFab Light Bar w/ (2) Lightforce 170's. Weathertechs, ATO bed bars.
    Mine was done w/ the TSB. TSB looks great; it rides like a truck now. Gas pedal is fine. Looks smaller and it only looks cut if you get down real close and eyeball it and since I don't have my head near the gas pedal too often, it'll work just fine for me.

8. Aug 5, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    Tidrow

Tidrow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    PreRunnin' 08
    BHLM, All Black grill, Fog light Mod, AFE pro dry, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Kenwood deck, Bridgestone AT Revo 2
    Got it done this weekend when I had my truck detailed. No issues

9. Aug 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2023 F-150 Powerboost
    no way will I have this recall done. I do not want a short gas pedal that looks like ass.

and I don't want them to reflash my ECU because I want to be able to hold the brake and gas at the same time to do burnouts

10. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:16 AM
    ExFordFan

ExFordFan Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Wauwatosa, WI.
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    I was at the dealership this week for n A/C estimate and they asked if this recall was done. I told them no there is nothing wrong with it and I have plenty of clearance between my stacked floor mats (factory mats and rubber mats) and besides that I'm not letting any one hack up parts of my truck for some thing that is not an issue. The Assistant service manager just kinda grinned and said well we have to ask. Now after getting the estimate to have a 0.66 cent a/c washer replace on the high side of the condensor replaced I know why there called the stealership on this forum. The estimate came in at $380.00.

11. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    x2 I am gonna stay clear of dealership as long as i can. Then when I go Iwill remove floor mats and claim I dont have any :)
    But no change, if ain't broken dont fix it.

12. Aug 6, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    Twirlin

Twirlin Nature just gets the blow-by

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport Mag Grey
    easy solution: get WeatherTech Digital Fit mats and rest easy. I have them and there is NO WAY IN HELL that the pedal will catch them.

This way, you stay out of the dealership, get a great pair of floormats, and have peace of mind.

13. Aug 6, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    hawkeye12

hawkeye12 Go Pack Go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    10 Black DC SB Tacoma TRD Sport
    Smittybilt nerf bars
    :rofl:

That was great! I'm taking mine in soon to get the leaf springs done. If they do anymore, expect to see a homicide case investigation on CNN.

14. Aug 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    Twirlin

Twirlin Nature just gets the blow-by

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport Mag Grey
    I can promise you that they will do the brake override which is why I chose not to do the pedal reshaping. Like I said, it's not an issue for me. It ain't broke, they got nothing to fix.

15. Aug 6, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    just had it done to mine. figured itll look better if i go to sell it so why not.

they also charged me 300 bucks to plug in a connector to turn off the airbag light. i guess when my truck had body work done they didnt reassemble the door panel right and forgot to plug in that connector.

that.. and my truck idles really low and shakes when im stopped at idle. anyone else have this problem? it is just with the 2.7's?

im guessing its just learning the driving styles again.

16. Aug 9, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    tussery

tussery Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Magnaflow muffler, TRD CAI.
    The only way I will have the work done is if I ever sell my Tacoma. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

17. Aug 13, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    Tyler_G13

Tyler_G13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Texas edition
    Custom Black Leather Borla Exhaust system fold-away bed cover 20" Tx Edition chrome rims Alpin INA-W900 double-din touch screen chrome running bars 35% tinit front/16% tint back python alarm system 1 13TW5 JL audio subwoofer custom ported subwoofer box powered by JL Audio HD750 amp Lots of Hush Mat on back wall
    I had my done yesterday, it was cut to short in my opinion and i raised hell, told them it looked shitty and that i was puttin up with it, so they ordered me a brand new one for free. P.O.S. Recall!

18. Aug 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    I trimmed the back of my right flip flop. No issues, although there were no issues before. It was a bunch of BS and Toyota had a bunch of floormats in a warehouse somewhere. Great job by them to counter the stupid media and the people that believe everything they say. I know someone who actually sold their Camry because they "didn't feel safe". Turn off the TV, you will feel a lot safer.

19. Aug 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I bet I could guess who that someone voted for in the last presidential election. LOL

20. Aug 13, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Just got the notice today. Time to feed the shredder.:D

Products Discussed in

To Top