1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas Powered Leaf Blower

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by shakerhood, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Sep 4, 2019 at 10:00 PM
    shane100700

shane100700 Bed, Bath & Beyond Crawler

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    The EGO is ok.. it’s the best battery one but battery cost vs time isn't all that impressive to say the least. I went through two $100 batteries each time I did my warehouse parking lot.

shakerhood[OP] likes this.
  2. Sep 4, 2019 at 10:10 PM
    DocME

DocME Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 FJ Cruiser
    TRD S/C, UCON, 61# inj, 2.5 pulley, 7th inj, Roostfactor Y Pipe, URD exhaust, WAT Nomad Valve body, Dana 60, DK LT, JD FAB LCA mounts, custom roof rack...and way too many others.
    I certainly suppose intended use is important to consider. It does have power and if you use it full bore it can run through it quickly. I really only use turbo mode for very brief spurts or when I use it on the cars to sheet off water. I usually use the continuous use knob on the side and only use as much flow as needed. Last weekend on a single charge I blew the drive way and side walk concrete on a 1 acre property and my 1/3 acre lot twice. I still had a lot of battery left. Just used what I needed flow wise and laid off the turbo mode. If you needed full power continuously, I’m not sure the battery would last more the 5-6 minutes. I could see that being a concern if needed.

shane100700[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Sep 4, 2019 at 10:17 PM
    shane100700

shane100700 Bed, Bath & Beyond Crawler

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    That makes sense. Yeah the warehouse I used to work at had huge cotton trees with lots of leaves. Full turbo was all that would work. Because I couldn’t have gas powered equipment there, I got the snow blower too. It would only kick snow about 1’. That’s not a dig on the brand, just thought it was funny when I first used it. Sure beat shoveling though.

I will continue to concede use is a factor and that’s the only battery brand I would get.

If it helps, I tried the little Milwaukee M18 blower for my gutters, yeah I used it to blow off saw dust in the shop now... that ones not a good buy for any intended purpose!!

DocME[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Sep 5, 2019 at 4:54 AM
    HawkShot99

HawkShot99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kingston, NY
    Vehicle:
    13' Silver DCLB TRD Sport - Sold
    I have the ego blower and trimmer at work. The owner bought them for his personal use, but somehow they ended up at the shop and some gas stuff went back home with him....

Anyway, yes the blower does work ok. But it pretty much requires use of turbo mode constantly. That kills the battery super fast. I dont know what the ego blower cost with the 2 batteries we have, but Ill take the basic bottom of the line handheld blower I bought when I first started cutting grass 20+ yrs ago over it every day. And comparing it to my current back pack is a waste in time comparing them.

shane100700 likes this.
  5. Sep 5, 2019 at 4:56 AM
    Minimag95

Minimag95 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Niles
    Annapolis, MD
    Vehicle:
    2009 Pyrite Mica V6 SR5 4x4
    OME's w/ 887 Coils, SPC UCA's, 285 ST Maxx. Mobtown sliders & skid
    Stihl or Husqvarna

shane100700 likes this.
  6. Sep 5, 2019 at 5:31 AM
    Taco-Grinder

Taco-Grinder It's all part of the adventure.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Fond du Lac, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I never thought I would own a blower. But, since I got my driveway blacktop.I like to keep it clean. Guess I'm getting old. Didn't want gas blower. Since I already have Dewalt 20volt tools, I went that route. Using 4amp/hr batteries I have no problems.
    It all depends on your needs.
    If going gas, as posted by others use only ethanol free gas and a good oil.

Products Discussed in

To Top