1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

gas prices are going up again

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by NWtacoma, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    widget

widget Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner double cab
    It's 2.79 here, took a 30 cent one day jump. Article in the newspaper said it would be $3 per gallon for the spring break/drive season and then come back down. Also said there was no real reason for the hike.
    What a load of crap. I'm not seeing the Obama admin do anything but talk - it's time to put up or shut up. What has happened to really help you and me day-in, day-out? I've gotten laid off in the last month, banks and credit companies got their screws in before the law went into effect, prices continue to go up "for no real reason" and all I'm seeing is a case of "domestic economic terrorism" happening where we're screwing each other/ourselves.

2. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Yes, gas is going up, but implying that it's somehow Obama's secret agenda to destroy Ammurrica that's responsible for it just makes you look like an ill-informed kook.

You don't have to like the guy (God knows I don't), but there's a Grand Canyon size gap between disagreeing with someone's policy and being retarded.

Yes, energy drives the economy, and as the price of energy rises, so will the cost of existing in the United States in any form.

If you want to stop that, you need to find a way to get the Saudis, Kuwaitis, and other OPEC members out of Congress and the White House, but since they've had the ear of every single administration and congress since the Carter years, Saint Reagan and Saint Bush included, that shit ain't gonna happen.

As I mentioned in some other thread, politics isn't a football game. People need to stop rooting for "their" side and start realizing both sides are screwing them and start lynching senators and their lobbyist backers in the streets.

3. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    widget

widget Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    It's not "just" Obama and I'm not some ill-informed kook as you imply. You got the banks making out and holding the country hostage. Do you really know anything about what has been transpiring with the economy? It's not just "sides" it's every big CEO is out to make out on whoever and however they can as best they can and as quick as they can. I still say talk is cheap and fish goes bad at the head - it's all got to start at the head and come down from there and until that happens and there is some emphasis put on that, nothing is going to change. The so called new credit law that Obama did was nothing more than a "motion" as it spurred credit agencies to tack on new policies to screw those customers while they could and cover their asses going forward. Bankers have too much money in politics and they're not about to cut of the hand that feeds them.

4. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Yep, it is like $3.34 here or something like that. It sucks.

5. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    usnatclee

usnatclee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clark
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 corvette 12 Camaro 13 And Wrangler
    (SOLD)4 Bilstein 5100's, OME885s, 2" Toytec AAL rear, 3" total lift, 285/70/R17 BFG MTX on stock rims, AIRAID cold air intake w/ secondary filter removed, CB radio w/ firestik shorty antenna, custom bumper and sliders from those guys rod and customs, URD stage 3 competition clutch, Tom Woods one piece double cardan drive shaft, and URD short throw shifter.
    I payed $3.16 here in Silverdale, WA.

6. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

100% agreement, and you misinterpreted. Isitmyturn was coming off as an ill-informed kook through his posts. I stress "coming off" because he may not in fact be - it could just be poor posting choices.

As for your points, I agree completely.

7. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:34 PM
    widget

widget Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Thanks J ;) you're good guy! I'm just so pissed at the "stacked" deck that is happening all around me right now. Gas prices is just a part of it.

8. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    i hope you don't judge all people from 1 post as you have done here. makes you look like an ill informed kook. what is wrong with saying that part of obama's plan is to raise fuel prices. he sees that as a solution. is it the right one? is it the solution he'll get? no and idk. like you (from your post) i don't care for obama either but a lot of people in high places do. yes i agree we need to remove the corruption in congress and the senate.

9. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    itsmyturn, In case you did not know political threads are not allowed here on TW. So please discontinue your argument.

10. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    my apologies.

11. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

Read harder. I didn't judge you, I judged your post.

12. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:54 PM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    Screw that...Luckily, I only live 1.3 miles from work

13. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:57 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    Wow blackwatertaco, that's awfully close! I thought I had it good at 5 miles.

14. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
    painted door handles, bilstein 5100's front and back, K&N air filter. Precision power component speakers and Kenwood deck.
    I have been following this crap for months now and its all BS. These speculative investors are behind all of it. Anytime someone farts in asia the prices go up. Saudi Arabia says they need oil at $75 a barrel to make it. What did they do back in 03 when we were around $33 did they roll over and die then. If you really want to get pissed look at china. They're price of gas is around $1.50 and they are using more and more fuel each year. Somehow the government is subsidizing the fuel to keep it low for their country so their citizens can afford it. I say we need a revolution, we should not half to pay these prices on a commodity that is not that scarce. I read that america has just found one of the largest oil reserves ever under the midwest states. We drive by these prices everday and psycholigically and financially its going to affect our lives and health. REVOLUTION my friends its time, we can accomplish this in a very effective manner without harm.

15. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    Dam guess i should wait on the 33s. Right now im paying 3.22 a gal.

16. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    [​IMG]

I'm to sleepy for revolution. Can't we do something that requires less energy?

17. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    so much for obamas hope and change mantra

18. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:31 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    are you simple? of course he can. all they have to do is create a price floor in the economy to regulate gas prices at what they want (here its $7) and set it in place and then shazaam, gas is at $7

19. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    JohnnyGato

JohnnyGato God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD SR5 V6 4x4 Off Road
    Limo tint, Sirius/XM radio, Wet Okole's, Weathertech's, Rhino Lining, blacked out badges, shorty antenna, painted speaker (tweeter) covers, blue LED running lights, Icon 3" lift, Pro Comp 17" 7005's, 33" (285/70/17) Good Year MT/R's with kevlar.
    Good weather is coming, people drive more. Oil companies know this. Happens EVERY year. It's a part of life.

20. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:36 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    If we would expand the rail system (like europe) and push to develop and build new nuke plants, (that's right, I said it.) while developing solar and wind power in line with the Pickens plan we could severely reduce our dependance on foriegn oil. My .02
    F*&k politicians, and the talking head fear-mongering media.

Products Discussed in

To Top