1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gay's in the Military, What the troops think about Civilians making that decision.

Discussion in 'Military' started by battleyota, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 15, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    battleyota

battleyota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Beast of Destruction
    OME suspension, All-Pro UCA, rear locker, 4.56 gears front and rear diffs, rear dif locker, 32x11.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrians KM2, 15x8 Mickey Thompson classic lock, ARB bumper, K&N Air filter. Safari Snorkel.
    I know this may be a touche subject...but It just burns me to think that Politics are gonna make that decision for us...I was on abcnews.com and saw a poll asking readers what they think about gays in the military....Why the F#CK are you asking people you never served in the Military about that. its like asking a bartender what he/she thinks about what type of network security should be emplaced in a bank. Just asking what my brother and sister in arms think about that?

2. Mar 15, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    meckleystephen

meckleystephen My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
    3 Inch Toytec lift,Blacked out badges
    i agree im in the marine corps and they hold no place in my beloved marine corps or any other service for that matter and if they are already in then they should just keep there mouths shut and consider themselves lucky bc if this is passed military violence will only increase and for the record i dont hate gays i just dont think the should be outspoken in the military

3. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    C17Guy

C17Guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Charleston, SC/ Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Readylift Kit, 245/75/16, HID's, Debadged, Kenwood DNX9960 Double Din Navigation, Image Dynamics Door Components, Pioneer Amp, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Grillcraft Uppers and Lowers
    x2... its all known that they are in the military currently, but don't ask don't tell right?

4. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    x3 When I was in there were a few you could tell that were gay. One in particular was very gay...like on fire gay, it was very weird being around him. Im not a homophobe either. But there is a time and a place for that (i guess..) and its not in the Armed Forces

5. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    battleyota

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Beast of Destruction
    OME suspension, All-Pro UCA, rear locker, 4.56 gears front and rear diffs, rear dif locker, 32x11.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrians KM2, 15x8 Mickey Thompson classic lock, ARB bumper, K&N Air filter. Safari Snorkel.
    I do agree, with you, "Ignorance is Bliss" What I dont know wont hurt me, holding 2 MOS's restricted to Males only, and if i do know openly that a gay is in my platoon or squad will be very difficult to conduct day to day operations like shower, changing...I'm not a "Homo-phobe" cause being in the infantry, guys do alot of gay shit, like tea-bagging, farting on each other, and I am keeping it rated "G" for the sake of the thread haha, but that fun/stupid shit that we just do to keep our Morale up and get our mind off the stupid shit the higher-ups put out.

6. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    If they can shoot, fight, and have a desire to protect their country and other why not? Its not like they are gonna fuck ya without consent. Or maybe they should just make a completly gay infantry? Then they can be proud to serve and you don't have to be around them.

7. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    SmoothFox

SmoothFox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    CBI Sliders,PIAA Lights, 5100's, 4 leaf pack.
    I understand how you feel, but you volunteered. You made a commitment, to be in the service is basically a dictaorship. That is why I never joined, if you are going to tell me what to do, and when to do it it is gonna cost you plenty.
    The last time I checked the service didn't and still doesn't pay squat.

You signed a contract and gave up quite a bit of freedom. Do your time and when they ask you to re-up, tell them no thanks.

Live and learn.

8. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

The characterization that showering will be dangerous is just bigotry. A gay person does not have sex at random any more than you randomly have non-consensual sex with strippers or random good looking girls in bikinis or at a nude beach. So to say that they are going to jump you in the shower is just dumb.

And in case case ya'll have forgotten your complete chain of command: The top couple spots are occupied by civilians- Namely the President and the Secretary of Defense/the Navy/Army/Air Force/HLS. And Congress are the guys who pay your salary. So before you start bitching about how unfair it is that they are making decisions- realize that is what they are there for.

It was said right before- Don't like it- Get out when your time comes. Someone will gladly take your spot.

9. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:28 AM
    battleyota

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Beast of Destruction
    I do Agree SmoothFox with what you say, I'm not complaining about having gays in the military, and its only a Dictatorship within the military....but it just burning me about people without experiance in an area like the military to make decisions fo us. And I believe not to sit around and do nothing, If there is a problem then fix it, dont run away from it. But back to the Gay's in the military...From what i have read, the United states is, like, the only country that still does not have that open policy about gays in the military. But it doesnt mean that everyone is doing it, that we should do it also...And i also agree that if a gay man can cover my back in a fire fight, he is alright with me...but its that open knowledge about his sexuality that makes everyone second guess themselves. I have served with gays, I knew they were but they never came out and stated that they were, and them not doing that made me comfortable...call me ignorant but thats how I feel

10. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    jason1kyle

jason1kyle commander101

Member:
    JOHNSON CITY, TN
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab trd sr5
    77 series k&n 1inch throttle body spacer dual in single out catback exhaust (exhaust pros)

well first off yeah we did sign up and this guy sint talking about not doing his job and if they let gays in i'm pretty sure he like me will accept them as best as possible but to a civilian who has never been in the military esp the infantry you have no idea whats its like its a diff world alltogether and to throw a homosexual in there making open passes isnt gonna turn out pretty yeah most gays arent gonna do that do i think being gay is wrong no i have no prob with it do i want a guy who may be lookin at my finely shaped ass while he should be watching my back no and the fact is that when they let them in the the entire infantry structure will have to change to accomidate a minority of people i have served with men that i knew were gay and had no problem with them cause they were good soldiers but to be open about it would have been diff thats just my feelings on it

11. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    ugh Marines... maybe THEY should just keept THEIR mouths shut, because They always seem to put THEIR foot in it.

Seriously Marine, do you randomly sexually assault women around you? Wait wait, don't answer that. Therefore what leads you to believe Gays would randomly sexually assault you? You are a homophobe and a bigot sorry thats the truth.

Relax, theres already a lot gay shit that happens in the corps already, atleast after this passes you no longer have to deny it. :)

Besides as long as they can shoot, drive a ship, etc then hell let em in, they can take a bullet just as well as a heterosexual.

I suppose you're against women in the military too huh?

as for who should vote on it... well, it is the responability of the congress (article I section VIII of the United State Constitution) To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces.

12. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    BOX

BOX Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MR. BOX
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5
    AGT Hids, Flowmaster 50 series duel exhaust, KN CAI, Tacoma seat covers, Under Cover Lid, Rhino Lined Westen tube steps, in the seal window vents.
    I don't hate gays but if a person can be openly gay in the military it will make the others very uncomfortable. Its hard to have a cohesive brotherly bond with someone who would rather be your lover or sister. If they do pass it they should defiantly make them sleep in different barracks and have different showers, since straight men are not allowed to sleep with women in there barracks or shower with them, its only fair.

13. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    jason1kyle

jason1kyle commander101

Member:
    JOHNSON CITY, TN
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab trd sr5
    77 series k&n 1inch throttle body spacer dual in single out catback exhaust (exhaust pros)
    Relax, theres already a lot gay shit that happens in the corps already, atleast after this passes you no longer have to deny it. [​IMG]

hahahahahaha thats funny

14. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Wow...A Coastie with such a closed minded view. You realize that not every gay guy wears high heels and dresses right??
    There are tons of gay guys who work as day laborers (carpenters, roofers, auto mechs, heavy construction) etc etc.

And you realize that there is a VERY good chance you work with or acquainted with someone who is gay right?? You may not hate them- but it's apparent you are a homophobe.

skiergd011013 likes this.
  15. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    kram

kram Well-Known Member

Member:
    Squamish, British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Offroad Access Cab 6spd MGM
    URD Short Shifter TSB Leaf Pack, Bilstein 5100s front (1.75") and rear. 285/70/17 Duratrac on Rhino Sidewinders. Weathertech Digifit Floormats
    I love it when people say "I'm not a bigot" and then make comments to the contrary. Reminds me of a few variations.
    "I'm not racist, but chinese people can't drive"
    "I'm not homophobic, but I don't want anyone telling me I have to work in the same room as one, especially if the person telling me to do it has never done my job."
    "I'm not sexist, but women don't belong on the oil rigs."

If it walks and talks like a duck. Guess what.

16. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    battleyota

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Beast of Destruction
    Another reason they should consider about having open gays in the military, is there safty....I know alot of guys, especialy in combat arms i.e. infantry, cav scouts, combat engineers (closed to females) will physicaly beat up a gay soldier/marine, this discussion does come up in the ranks, and i know that I have had it within my squad and team. and alot if not everyone agrees with what i believe, and i know at least one is maybe gay.

17. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    well than those bigots should not be in the military, they will be appropriately punished. thats bs, everyone EVERYONE who wants to and is capable of serving their country should be allowed too!

18. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:

60% of the time- It's works every time....

19. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    jason1kyle

jason1kyle commander101

Member:
    JOHNSON CITY, TN
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab trd sr5
    yeah i agree with that awhile back a guy got beat to death with locks in pillow cases cause his plt thought he was gay and that was in basic

if they do come in it will just take awhile to get accostomed to it and the nco's will have to work harder to ensure that there gay soldiers are taken care of

20. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    battleyota

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Beast of Destruction
    Sex Panther :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top