1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GB FEELER:Mobile Electronics (Radio's, Speakers, Alarms, Subs, etc)

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by ProForce, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 21, 2012 at 12:41 AM
    ProForce

ProForce [OP] IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    If you tell me what product (model number and brand) and the best price you found (NEW ONLY) and how much for shipping i can answer that pretty quick for you

2. Jun 24, 2012 at 2:00 AM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    Pioneer appradio 2? Dynamat and the python autostart (iPhone starter w/alarm)? Curious what that would run. Local shop can do the appradio for 600 installed (includes dash kit, harnesses etc). Just curious, there's a lot on my radar right now. Maybe price with and without full dynamat? That's just a dream really.

3. Jun 24, 2012 at 3:03 AM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    They are probably giving you the cheaper model... There are (2) Pioneer AppRadio Models.

SPH-DA02 MSRP $399
    6.1" Screen
    12 Band EQ
    Only 1 Pair RCA 2v
    Apple ONLY

SPH-D100 (NEW) MSRP $599
    7" Screen
    Only 5 Band EQ
    2 Pair RCA 2v
    Apple + Android Capable

Which one are they offering??

If you want the new one (AppRadio 2 SPH-D100), I can still do $600 installed (radio only no dynamat). I have to make a few calls before I can tell you if I can beat it or not. PM me

EDIT: NVM, I just realized your in AK... I dont think ill be making a road trip to AK for install lol. Maybe I misunderstood your post :notsure:

Until I get this GB set up (if I even can) I can only give product discounts on an individual basis and only to those local who I will be doing the install work for. Since your not local, stay tuned for an update on if this is going to get set up. If so, it will be an online order and products will be shipped to you. Sorry about the confusion.

If local I could probably do the alarm. dynamat, and appradio installed for $700. For $600 I hope they are giving you the newer model. But if you have an iphone and dont plan on adding a speaker amp (you can still add a sub), then the older model is actually a WAY better option because of the 12band EQ. Sound better and still fits all your needs

4. Jun 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    Well if you can do 700 installed for all of that then I might be willing to make a trip to so-cal! hahaha, I've got some bumpers in the works from Billy at Brute force fab, and I believe he's down there as well.....soooooo perhaps a road trip is in my future. Oh and good looking out on the appradio 1 vs 2! I had no idea! Definitely don't want to sacrifice audio quality and I really enjoy the JBL speakers (despite what people say about them).

5. Jun 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    netman1969

netman1969 Meh!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Cookeville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Awaiting my 2024 Tacoma OR, Underground
    None yet, but sure to come!
    @Proforce - Thanks for making the offer, we certainly appreciate that. I just purchased a new 2012 and I am pretty happy with the stock head unit, which really surprised me. But I think I would be interested in swapping out the stock speakers. I put Focal's in the front and rear of my old Tacoma and really really liked them, so I would be intrested in getting a price on those. I would do the Access 165A1 SG's in the front and the 165CA1 SG's in the rear.

-Smitty

6. Jun 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    Amazing speakers!! I run the polyglass series. Worth every penny

7. Jun 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM
    netman1969

netman1969 Meh!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Cookeville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Awaiting my 2024 Tacoma OR, Underground
    None yet, but sure to come!
    Absolutely. You can hear things in songs that you would never hear with lesser speakers. Usually thats good, sometimes it's annoying... like fingers sliding on guitar strings. :)

8. Jun 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    6spd

6spd Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2023 4x4
    So the discount will be more if you conduct the install? What about for people that will perform their own installs? Will the discount be there?

9. Jun 26, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    I'm working with the shop owner to make a permanent group buy... kinda like down south motorsports has 5100's already listed at a discounted price for us and they handle shipping.. same idea except it will be site wide for entire inventory. It will all be through them.

But in the meantime until I can get that finalized, I can purchase from them at discounted rates for products that I will be installing. They are 30 minutes away from me so I'm not gonna drive that far to buy something and ship it myself all over the country when I make nothing. So for now its just anyone local that has me do work, the shop allows me to purchase from them. Its a deal I made years ago when I used to install for best buy. I'm just trying to expand it now to the entire forum not just myself. And eliminate the middle man (me).

10. Jun 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM
    jmaglipay

jmaglipay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Dcab
    How much can you get Kenwood hd7190 DD for? I've been wanting for a while now. Do you do the installation at your shop or buyers location?

11. Jun 28, 2012 at 3:26 AM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    I'm in the process of getting together a list of items for several different people. I will pm you by the end of the week with the price with labor. I do all installs at my house right now because I'm technically out of work on disability because of a recent surgery and I'm going to have another next month.

Please click the link in my signature for more details on installations. Please pm me with your year and sub model of your truck. ie: 2009 double cab sport. All that info is important. I also need to know if you have jbl, entune, or standard audio system. If you have steering wheel controls I need to know if you want to keep them. With all that I can get you exact prices for everything. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top