1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gearcruncher HELP! (or anyone else) SOLVED FOR NOW

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by KdF, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Nov 17, 2016 at 4:04 PM
    3rYODA

3rYODA Don’t sell to me, I don’t pay.

Member:
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 white 4x4 TRD
    Fox 2.5’s up front, icon 2.0 rear shocks, stock leafs, !Meso map and dome lights make all the difference in the world!

Are you saying you didn't try this?! I belive we have found your problem sir....

gearcruncher[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Nov 17, 2016 at 4:26 PM
    KdF

KdF [OP] Old Rednek Type

Member:
    East-ByGod-TEXAS!
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner SR5 TRD 2WD
    I tried it, and nothing changed. The switch does not have a raised line, it has a black piece of tape with a scratch down it. Tried it 3 times in 3 tiny position moves and nothing. I thought about for a half hour and realized I forgot to pull the EFI fuse before I started, and that torked me off for being in a hurry. So after the front blows thru tomorrow morning, I'll start over again. I hope like heck I didn't get a bad switch to begin with, yet it starts when I go thru the procedure, just refuses to release the damned key, but releases it with no power. I may decide to yank that RS 3000 or buy the fob and see. It's always something.

3. Nov 17, 2016 at 4:33 PM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    Do you have a digital volt ohm meter ( DVOM ) ?
    There are tests you can do to check if the park nuetral switch is performing properly .
    Rather than tossing the new switch in the trash , and after you have had a days rest away from the truck , you can check the resistance of each detent range to see if it is functioning properly .
    Do you have a factory repair manual for your truck ?
    I should have one here ....give me a minute to find one
    There is a link at the bottom of this thread for your service manual
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...sions-write-up-your-4-speed-automatic.325531/

4. Nov 21, 2016 at 12:11 PM
    KdF

KdF [OP] Old Rednek Type

Member:
    East-ByGod-TEXAS!
    Vehicle:
  5. Dec 4, 2016 at 7:06 PM
    KdF

KdF [OP] Old Rednek Type

Member:
    East-ByGod-TEXAS!
    Vehicle:
    Update. Key problem was worn bushings on the shifter base that threw it to the drivers side just enough and boggled the pin that told the module that it was in park. I looked at this initially yet failed to notice it because I was thinking vertical instead of horizontally. Also (I didn't notice this as I always use the brake) the shifter could be moved thru the gears without pressing the brake pedal when off or on. Replaced bushings and pin in the shifter and it works. Purchased the new fob, yet the pin hole to press when programming the fob has not been found as of yet. Mechanic found a way to disconnect the grounds to the alarm to shut it off.

Products Discussed in

To Top