1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gen 3 in 2013

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AWorthyOpponent, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Dec 15, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    A few thoughts about that article/link

"The advanced 2013 Toyota Tacoma will be fulfilling the market’s demands. This is one of the coolest CARS (?) ever with masculine nature."

So the 2013 Tacoma is evolving into a car? I really didnt see that one coming.

"The new 2013 Toyota Tacoma is powered with Antilock brakes, two V6 engines and two Type 4-cylinder engines in which owners can choose either automatic transmission or a manual transmission system."

Anti-lock brakes are powering the Tacoma car? Its a good thing the new Tacoma car comes with two V6's AND two Type (WTF) 4-cylinder engines. I hope one of those v6's goes in the engine bay. I bet the second v6 goes in the passenger seat. Where do the two "Type 4-cylinder" engines go? Maybe they go in the trunk of the 2013 Tacoma car...got it.

"So if you want to buy the super model of Toyota Tacoma, then you must wait until 2013. This model will be hardly unchanged in looks but it will offer you stronger pickup across the roads. The simple design and luxurious performance of 2013 Toyota Tacoma is going to create a charge for its success."

A "super model" of Toyota Tacoma with "luxurious performance" of 2013 Toyota Tacoma is going to create a "charge for its success"....

I'm speechless....Seriously...WTF is the author of this article talking about? That is the most poorly worded articles and the most retarded thing I have read all day. I wonder what new breed of computer virus I picked up by going to that website. I preciate it Tacodawgfan!

2. Dec 15, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    oh....I also love the 2010 Tacoma pic depicting the 2013 Tacoma.

3. Dec 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM
    differential

differential Member

Member:
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    Black Pre Runner
    I say take the deal. The above statement makes a lot of sense to me. I just bought my 2012 and I really hope the facelift stays around for just a little while. I love the 2012 interior. Mine is a base model pre-runner, and still has power windows, locks, auto trans, etc....For a base model, the interior is really sweet. I weight about 240 lbs. and the seats are super comfortable to me.

It seems to me that lenders are loosening up a little bit right now too. If you can get a good interest rate, you could have a new truck that's sellable pretty quickly when the new body style does come out. This year my wife and I bought a house, some furniture, a 2012 VW Sportwagen and my new Tacoma. I've gotten the best interest rates on everything this year that I ever have. Having new toys is always fun, and paying the bills always sucks. But the good interest rates right now are nice.

Post pics of your new truck when you get it :)

4. Dec 15, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    DWreck

DWreck Famous Retrieval Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Smurf Truck
    Plasti-dip paint, TRD S/C, MCM Fab LT kit, bunches of my fab
    I'd totally drive this!

I'll build you one!

5. Dec 15, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    DWreck

DWreck Famous Retrieval Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Smurf Truck
    Plasti-dip paint, TRD S/C, MCM Fab LT kit, bunches of my fab
  6. Dec 15, 2011 at 11:58 PM
    platinumb

platinumb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR DC Supercharged
    supercharger, focal/jl audio sound system, trd cat back
    I'm not saying your wrong ( or right ) but could you please explain why you believe that to be true.

7. Dec 16, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    I also was kidding bout that.

8. Dec 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    Soundwave

Soundwave Well-Known Member

Member:
    B.C. Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD sport Double Cab 4x4
    OEM Roof rack
    I would bet the farm that 2013 will be carried over 2012's but with the Dual VVT-i V6 from the 4Runner. but than it again I would not be surprised if they carried over the current V6 another year.

9. Dec 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:

I hope they do bring the Dual VVT-i in soon. I've held off my puchase so I can pay down my mortgage, but I've heard rumblings of engine changes, but no specific dates or model years as to when this would happen. a bump in 3-4 miles per gallon would make it worth the wait for me.

10. Dec 18, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    MakoTacoma

MakoTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '97 xtra cab DX 4x4
    I just traded my '10 Sport for an '11 Off-Road - situation: my 37K miles trading for a few hundy miles and a 3-year b-b warranty! Costing me about $2K more, but overall a worthy deal not to pass up. I also got them to give me 2.4% financing (note this transaction took place just a few weeks ago), so don't stop at the price - negotiate the financing too! My payment actually went DOWN. Love these trucks!

11. Dec 18, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Is that rate through Toyota financial? How many years

12. Dec 22, 2011 at 5:18 PM
    GoDeacsWFU23

GoDeacsWFU23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Clemmons, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma PreRunner TRD Sport
  13. Dec 23, 2011 at 3:49 AM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    So did you unload your truck and get another one?

I read it quickly, but did not notice any real issues with the existing truck.

How bad is or was it?

PK

14. Dec 23, 2011 at 7:08 AM
    Wallygater

Wallygater Well-Known Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 DBL Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Softopper, All-pro bolt-on sliders, Tom Wood's drive shaft, Goodyear 235/85/16 Dura-trac's, SG, USA-Spec I-pod adaptor, Amsoil in everything

I agree. However I would not be going too far to say that the drive train could be upgraded in 2013. Probably will have the same motor as the FJ in 2013. I only say this cause it makes sense. Why it doesn't have it already is what is weird about the 2012's???:cool:

15. Dec 23, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    i hope it looks like this, i would go trade in my truck in a second

Products Discussed in

To Top