1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Geo-cachers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by beastlytaco, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Apr 19, 2011 at 11:35 PM
    Beerrun

Beerrun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Spokane WA
    Vehicle:
    10 Sedan Sport LB
    Fog light rewire- debadge- front window tint- 5100's @ 1.75- Toytec 1.5 AAL- Avid sliders- 4x4 lighted switch- Sockmonkey decals- Truxedo low pro QT cover- Weather Techs- Back up light Mod. Diff. breather mod. OEM roof rack-Yakima bars. HomerTaco grill. Hella Black Magic Lts. WT vent visors.
    Ink. Don't worry about all that topo stuff. Just go to the web site, find a cache near your place, put in the coordinates and punch go to. Once you start using your GPSR, you'll figure out the rest. The more caches you find you'll start walking into an area, look around and say I bet it's right there under those rocks, or under that log.

2. Apr 20, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    cleanTRDmachine

cleanTRDmachine watch the meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Q-Town, PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    tint gray camo seat covers debadged color matched grille surround off of 06 TRD sport grillecraft black mesh grille Hella 500's demudflapped Toyota rear leaf TSB (first edition) 265/75/16 BFG AT TA KO's Flowmaster Super 40 #952445 Maglite Mod AntennaX 13in antenna Painted Lower Valance Vision X H4 Xenon headlights Halo Solaris H10 foglights Velocity Offroad 2.5 leveling kit (removed) Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Rocky Mounts Clutch SD bike mount 4ft combo lock cable for bed extender Stage I interior LED's Toytec 1.5" AALs Extang Trifold Signature Series Bed Cover Reese front mounted tow hook Icon Stage 1 Suspension
    A dude emailed me today about a hint I gave him a few days ago. Said he couldn't find it still, someone called the cops and they showed up. Now wants to meet me there...
    I said no effin' way I'm going especially if the cops were just there!

3. Apr 20, 2011 at 11:57 AM
    Cerviperus

Cerviperus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mt. Zion, IL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 TRD Off Road
    Grille4You 3" Stainless Nerf Bars, EGR In-Channel Window Deflectors, BAKFlip HD Tonneau Cover, Oznium 5" Blue LED Dome Light, WeatherTech Floor Liners, EGR Bug Shield
    Have been for several years. Didn't do much last year, but hope to this spring/summer.

4. Apr 20, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Wow.... If someone e-mailed me, I'd just ignore it (especially after hearing your story).

My husband and I are just starting to experiment with hiding caches. We're hiding stuff in locations and letting the other person do a 'test find' to make sure the coordinates are good and the spot it good. We don't have any posted caches yet - but soon.

I can imagine the crap you'd get into when you own a cache. There are some frigin weird-ass people out there.

5. Apr 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    Blackened Taco

Blackened Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC 4WD TRD Sport Tacoma Speedway Blue
    3 inch suspension lift, 16 inch TRD FJ Cruiser black alloys, 33 X 12.5/16 Swamper Trxus M/T, Line-Xed Toyota skid plate, TRD exhaust, TRD cold air intake, Full tint to match factory tint, In channel wind deflectors, Custom wired hidden XM, Black shorty antenna, Black background headlights, Sockmonkey TRD decals, Kenwood 5120 HU with navigation, Boston Acoustic SL60 front compnonent speakers, SL65 rear speakers, Grillcraft lower mesh grille, Black badging, AromorTech Offroad rear bumper and rear shackle flip kit Access tonnosprt cover, 12 volt power adapter wired in under the dash for standard plug in items. Recently added Devil Horn Toyota Logo, Thanks Andres.
    I have always thought it would be fun, time is a factor for me though. Never seem to have enough of it. From what I understand alot of the time the place you find is the prize, i.e. view, secluded area, etc.

6. Apr 20, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    Cerviperus

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mt. Zion, IL
    Vehicle:
    Grille4You 3" Stainless Nerf Bars, EGR In-Channel Window Deflectors, BAKFlip HD Tonneau Cover, Oznium 5" Blue LED Dome Light, WeatherTech Floor Liners, EGR Bug Shield
    Yeah, the true prize is the thrill of the hunt. Often times the caches (mine included) have "trinkets" inside, mostly to make it interesting for kids. The idea is though, that if you take something, you leave something in return. I've seen everything from pens, to keychains, to little stuffed animals, etc. Some of the neater ones have disposable cameras with instructions to take a picture of you and your crew (if you cache with others), and then leave it for the next guy. If someone is looking to do something for material gain, geocaching definitely isn't it!

7. Apr 20, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    ericb

ericb I'm a very neat monster

Member:
    First Name:
    Dexter
    surface of the sun
    Vehicle:
    Truck So Good
    Geocaching encourages idiots who never go outdoors to simply go buy a gps to trample all over the wilderness in search of their caches not caring about the outdoors or treading lightly which results in more litter, trailblazing, and possible closures. I am not a fan.

8. Apr 20, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    Cerviperus

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mt. Zion, IL
    Vehicle:
    Boy are you uninformed...

9. Apr 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    Blackened Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    3 inch suspension lift, 16 inch TRD FJ Cruiser black alloys, 33 X 12.5/16 Swamper Trxus M/T, Line-Xed Toyota skid plate, TRD exhaust, TRD cold air intake, Full tint to match factory tint, In channel wind deflectors, Custom wired hidden XM, Black shorty antenna, Black background headlights, Sockmonkey TRD decals, Kenwood 5120 HU with navigation, Boston Acoustic SL60 front compnonent speakers, SL65 rear speakers, Grillcraft lower mesh grille, Black badging, AromorTech Offroad rear bumper and rear shackle flip kit Access tonnosprt cover, 12 volt power adapter wired in under the dash for standard plug in items. Recently added Devil Horn Toyota Logo, Thanks Andres.
    So tell me, how do you really feel?

10. Apr 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    :jerkoff:

11. Apr 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    Cerviperus

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mt. Zion, IL
    Vehicle:
    Apparently he's never observed geocaching guidelines of LNT (Leave No Trace for the "idiots" in this thread), or taken part in any Cache-In-Trash-Out (CITO) events. Yeah, hiking in and removing any and all trash you find on the trip, definitely bad...

12. Apr 20, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    Blackened Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Like anything else there is always going to be some people that don't adhere. The same thing could be said about 4WD vehicles. Not all people are bad that participate but there are the others that ruin it for all.

13. Apr 20, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    I've found 12 caches on my end of town - none of them with GPS :) I just used the hints and occasionally a quick google search of the coordinates to at least know the rough area. That alone was fun, but this thread just reminded me that I can get out and find more now that I have GPS

We should hide some caches and put some TW swag in them!

14. Apr 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    ericb

Member:
    First Name:
    Dexter
    surface of the sun
    Vehicle:
    Truck So Good
    Uninformed? I live rural and there have been geocaches setup on state trust land right by my house and the geoidiots come and drive right over the desert to get to them instead of hiking in. No trails or anything, just driving right through the desert. I see it with my own eyes. I have taken photos and reported them to the stupid geocache site and they shut them down, then more idiots put up more caches. No biggy, I consider them trash and when i find them I remove them and dispose of them accordingly

15. Apr 20, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    Cerviperus

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mt. Zion, IL
    Vehicle:
    Then the ones placing the caches are doing so against guidelines. I can say I've seen some ignorant people out doing it, but demeaning the activity, or calling people that do it in general "idiots" is pretty ignorant in itself.

So yes, I'm sticking with my original comment. But I digress; that's what I'd say about most stereotyping.

16. Apr 20, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    oh no. not the desert. what will become of all the......... sand?

17. Apr 20, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    ericb

Member:
    First Name:
    Dexter
    surface of the sun
    Vehicle:
    Truck So Good

That just tells me that you are not well traveled and know nothing about the desert. Sorry I got your geopanties in a bunch. :brianr:

18. Apr 21, 2011 at 12:18 AM
    Beerrun

Beerrun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Spokane WA
    Vehicle:
    10 Sedan Sport LB
    Fog light rewire- debadge- front window tint- 5100's @ 1.75- Toytec 1.5 AAL- Avid sliders- 4x4 lighted switch- Sockmonkey decals- Truxedo low pro QT cover- Weather Techs- Back up light Mod. Diff. breather mod. OEM roof rack-Yakima bars. HomerTaco grill. Hella Black Magic Lts. WT vent visors.
    Just climb in your douche canoe and paddle across that disturbed sand... But don't expect to find your way home after the wind blows, since you can't figure out how to use your GPSR.

19. Apr 21, 2011 at 5:03 AM
    ericb

Member:
    First Name:
    Dexter
    surface of the sun
    Vehicle:
    Truck So Good
    That was good sponge bob did you think of that yourself or did your mommy type it. Jesus this just confirms my hypothesis on geocaching. Gayest hobby ever.

20. Apr 21, 2011 at 5:23 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Okay ladies- Lets give it a rest.

Products Discussed in

To Top