1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Get a Set and COWBOY UP!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by NoMallCrawlTaco, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Jan 5, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Its the Canadian way, also the reason we do have alot less violence I think.

2. Jan 5, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    No...when I came to, I was in a bear hug, and he was thanking me for saving his life!:eek:

3. Jan 5, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    I'm not nominating you for humane person of the month.....or year....:D

4. Jan 5, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    396tears

396tears Well-Known Member

Member:
    okay here is my story

i helped the wife do the laundry today

:D

5. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Gosh I think that qualifies you for the "your so sweet award" LMAO....got to get off the computer now---wife wants me to run the vacuum sweeper in the living room....:rolleyes:

6. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    cinch

cinch Member Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Boulder Creek Ca
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner double cab
    Was riding my motorcycle (1100 cc Honda) out in the middle of the hills about four miles from my house and hit some sand in the road and went down HARD. I slid about 20 feet into a hillside and just laid there for about ten minutes waiting for someone to come along. Well, no one came along so I tried to pick myself up and as I did so I felt and heard all this crackling in my chest. I got up and found I must have broken some ribs and left foot and shattered my right thumb. I picked up my 650 pound motorcycle from the downhill side (you know how hard that is?) and rode it back home, got in my truck and started driving to the hospital. Had to stop for gas and when I went to pay the clerk she took one look at me and wouldn't let my leave and called emergency service to come and get me. Turns out I had three broken ribs, an unusable thumb that required major surgery and a broken left foot.

7. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    yeah pretty much... :boom:

8. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    cinch

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Boulder Creek Ca
    Vehicle:

Cowboy up means when you get thrown from your horse you pick yourself up off the ground and get back UP on the horse. instead of crying about it.

9. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    cinch

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Boulder Creek Ca
    Vehicle:

You guys don't have to read this thread you know. If you're so manly you should be able to ignore it.

10. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Turned my right knee 180° around with my YZ-250 out in the middle of the Mojave, 114° out, right knee/leg was jelly and flopping like a fish, found a couple sticks and Macguyverd up a splint with some duct tape. Left leg kick start and another 20 miles back to civilization.

11. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    NoMallCrawlTaco

NoMallCrawlTaco [OP] © "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!

Member:
    Arizona
    4" Camburgs Icon AAL 3 Pac BLHM Tacoshi Grill More to come...
    Ride on.

finished it out!

Lot's of cool stories...

The bear trap, still not buying it...

12. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:47 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    one word...VASECTOMY

top that bitches!:cool:

13. Jan 5, 2011 at 1:27 PM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    Crap! There goes my one shot at fame! :(

14. Jan 5, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Circumcision.

Boo-yah!

15. Jan 5, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    Well i reckon I will tell mine. kinda takes place over a 7 week period.

Freshman year of college i got accepted to the PLC program for the Marine Corps. Trained my ass off to stay in shape. Last 3 days of college, which was 5 days before shipping out for PLC, I twisted my ankle during the intramural ultimate Frisbee championships for the school. Well i continued to play the game but by the end of it I was not able to wrap my hands around it because it was so swollen up. Then i ship out to PLC, still cant walk without a limp really. and it is about the size of a baseball. Get to the medical screening at PLC and the doc notices it. So I told him i sprained it a long time ago and it pops back up if I wear boots and go hiking from time to time. He didnt believe me and made me jump 15 times on that foot. Hurt like hell but did not show it and eventually made it through in processing. Well it did not get any better and I went through the entire program with a busted ankle. Still has never healed quite right but I have learned to manage it. To top things off my tonsils inflamed to the point where i could not hardly drink water and I had a 103 degree fever on the day that we had a 7 mile hump and our final exam (SULE I) to determine if we would pass. Of course it was my turn to carry the stretcher. I did not tell the SI's because if you missed or failed this exam, you failed the course. So I sucked it up and humped with the packs, rifle, and stretcher and led a fire team through an obstacle course type deal. Only after returning and vomiting did I get sent to the doc where i found out my tonsils were effd and my fever was as high as it was. Aannnnddd he noticed my ankle, again. Luckily we were just 3 days from graduation and I had completed all physical activities and was able to maintain a 1st class pft so they let me graduate. Now I am fixing to go back for the second session this summer and I can't wait.

16. Jan 5, 2011 at 2:19 PM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    I was riding my father's waverunners in the spring of 2000 with 2 of my friends. I was on the back of one and a friend was on the other, he decided to **** around and ride straight at me while I was stopped. The dumbass forgot the waverunner doesn't turn without throttle. Before I could think he slammed directly into my side at about 20 mph, and I was thrown in the water. I could hardly breath and knew something was wrong. The waverunner I was on had a cracked hull and was taking on water, we were the only ones on the lake, and I was the only one that knew how to get back to the house, so we decided I should ride back to the house while they wait at the shore with the damaged waverunner. I ride back to the lakehouse, drive onto the jetski lift, and stumble up to the house in the most pain I had experienced up to that point in my life. I had 2 broken ribs and a lacerated spleen and the paramedics couldn't believe I rode back. Sorry that was kinda long.

One year and 3 months ago I was wakeboarding at Lake Lure with a bunch of friends just before sunset. I fractured my talus (spelling?) in 2 places. I decided to wait till the next to day to go to the hospital. Kept it wrapped all night and drank whiskey and I actually slept for 2 hours that night, but woke up crying like a bitch in the morning before I took some pain killers.

17. Jan 5, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    crazyman

crazyman Not bothered....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Crystal Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 DC/SB TRD/OR V6 Auto, Magnetic Gray
    Does Plasti-Dip count as a mod ?
    I got married once. Then got divorced.

Got married again. Then got divorced.

I'm still here fuckers ! :devil:

18. Jan 5, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    OK, so kind of a good story for this thread, but real dumb in the long run. When that ankle finally gives out you're going to be loving the orthopedist. And you'll be hating when you retire and try to get VA benefits, only to be told it's a pre-existing condition,so no money for you (and, oh yeah, enjoy the arthritis).

Get it fixed now and stop jacking it up more!

19. Jan 5, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    NoMallCrawlTaco

NoMallCrawlTaco [OP] © "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!

Member:
    Arizona
    4" Camburgs Icon AAL 3 Pac BLHM Tacoshi Grill More to come...
    Been there, done that, have the scare to prove it!
    Takes a TOUGH mofo, to let a man with a knife go near his Jimmies.

20. Jan 5, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    So were you hurt?:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top