1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Get rid of LED Hyperflash

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bgmk106, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Dec 17, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    bgmk106

bgmk106 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Milwaukee, WI
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Off Road
    I got some $8 3157 LEDs online. 2 are switchback bulbs that go from white to amber when the turn signal is activated. They work but i get hyperflash even with the resistors. Same went for the rear and those are standard amber LEDs.

Question here is, do i have to do anything beyond the load resistors to get enough load to trip the blinker? This worked flawlessly with the Nissans i've had in the past.

2. Dec 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Sounds to me like you plainly just don't have enough resistance. Measure the resistance of the stock bulb and compare it to your LED + resistor. Do the math from there :)

3. Dec 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    cdk

cdk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    san angelo,tx
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner TSS
    BruteForceFab rear bumper, Ranch Hand front grille guard w/ led lights, leds here and there, seat covers, dash cover, console and handle covers, weathertechs, upgraded audio system, bed mat
    do you have the resistor hooked to the right 2 wires on the front? you can check w/ a test light to see which wire is which.

i don't recall which 2 wires i hooked mine to on my 2012, but didn't have a problem w/ the usual resistors used.

4. Dec 18, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    bgmk106

bgmk106 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Milwaukee, WI
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Off Road
    I tried hooking up 2 resistors in series and still got the hyperflash. im not terribly good with electrical but im sure i can figure it out.

When you say the right 2 wires in front are you saying 4 resistors total or one resistor on each side? There is a green, white/black, and yellow. I have tried both the green and yellow wires. sound familiar?

Products Discussed in

To Top