1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Get the !$@# out of dodge

Discussion in 'Moab' started by hutch606, May 31, 2012.

1. May 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    hutch606

hutch606 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    My wife notified me that it's time for my annual camping trip, featuring...me. I usually head west of Denver into the mountains for a week and bike / kayak and try to run a trail or two. And as I'm trying to avoid people, I'm normally completely alone, no spotter, recovery support (or winch). And I've had a hankerin' to head toward Utah. So...I'm planning to head that way next weekend.

I'm looking for suggestions on trails that I can head toward via truck, get away from most folks, and do some (hopefully) fairly technical riding and primitive (pronounced "no ammenities"). This time, the kayak may stay at home.

On the camping side, my preference is to be away from people and just camp along the trial. As for my transportation, I've just swapped from 4wd AC to a 4wd DC LB that's bone stock with 32" SilentArmors. I'm not lookin' to tear anything up, but rather to get away from the normal shenanigans.

Suggestions on trails for truck or bike? And I've heard something about camping permits, is that true across most trails? Thanks all.

2. Jun 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    n0rth

n0rth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J.W.
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Platinum
    2009 Tacoma Access Cab SR5, 4wd, 2.7L URD S/C, 4:88's ARB lockers, 36x9.8r16 Radial TSL
    I would check with the local bike shops and there is a visitor center in downtown that I found a bunch of books and brochures. Beyond that I'm not real sure where to point you good luck and let us know how your trip goes.

3. Jul 5, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    hutch606

hutch606 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    http://youtu.be/B5Z91G-mKE4

Had a great time on White rim road and other trails. No exciting photos of my (stock) truck, but I did manage to get an interesting video of a 'real' trail...the whole enchilada (less burro pass). Good times...hands down, the best I've ever done.

Products Discussed in

To Top