1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Get your guns now!

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Jan 23, 2010 at 3:13 AM
    masterblaster

masterblaster Active Member

Member:
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    pre-owner
    the first amendment is one of the more bastardized portions of our Constitution....as far as i know, the US military doesn't mandate that all soldiers use an ACOG on their firearms, so there isnt any argument for the Federal Government forcing a religion on an unwilling people. The 1st was written to keep the US Gov't from becoming a Theocracy, and to ensure all people (regardless of religious belief) get a fair shake....this current spell of political correctness is being cloaked in the citizens 'constitutional rights' .... its alarming that the gov't has become so adept at deciding when our constitutional rights are worthy of infringement and when they are not.....even more alarming is the amount of people that go along with the pick 'n choose tendencies that plague our political system.

.....I would hope our federal government wouldn't choose to terminate a 2+ decade business partnership with a privately owned company, based solely on the religious affiliation of said company.

2. Jan 23, 2010 at 3:31 AM
    astral

astral On my second taco now....

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX PRO
    Hmm, I think this thread needs some more guns:

[​IMG]

3. Jan 23, 2010 at 7:45 AM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    I'll take the snub nose :D

4. Jan 23, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    They had better not lose the Trijicon account. I mean they have certain models having the triangle reticle. EoTech and Aimpoint and a few others that have the red dot. But lets face it by the time the ACLU gets involved the military will have to get rid of all conventional scopes because we wouldn't want to force a Christian symbol on anybody looking through a "CROSS" hair. And that is about how rediculous this country is getting. IMO.

5. Jan 23, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    anytime i've been issued a weapon in the AF, u have no choice on what u get. no one is saying to terminate business w/ them, but have the products produced w/o the shit on them

6. Jan 23, 2010 at 8:50 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Agreed.:) This is my favorite:

[​IMG]

7. Jan 23, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    [​IMG]

Took a nice 10 point this year with this magnum. Not your bean field, 500 yard shot, type magnum but the 44 worked well in the thick MO brush.

8. Jan 23, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    Join the NRA, And call your Representatives! At least if enough people do that, they might pretend to care.

9. Jan 23, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    RCBS

RCBS "Cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag."

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    06 Main Runner OR
    absolutely stunning! :drool:

as for god in government...i'll close by saying that we cannot have religious favoritisim in government workings. the 1st amendment was designed to combat the influence of organized religion in the state as well as to ensure that the individual citizen can practice whatever form of religion they choose. look back at the history of England and you will see that the powers of the curch rivaled or even overcame the powers of the royal family. the founders knew this and addressed the issue accordingly. being that we practice "freedom of religion", if any one sect of religion gains power over the others in the government, it will most likely try to force out the other religions and thereby by be able to dictate laws and regulations that can affect citizens rights to practice their personal religious worship of choice. the 1st does not just protect the citizenery from the government, it also protects the government from religious influence.

10. Jan 23, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Thanks!

11. Jan 23, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    kristopherl

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    I have had dreams about this gun in the past. I need the money to build it. and of course the links to the places to buy it. :wink:

12. Jan 23, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    It's an LWRC but if you built a free float upper, you can get a piston conversion kit or send it to LWRC and thet will retrofit theirs into it. Or just buy an LWRC;) but I think they only offer black now.:)

13. Jan 23, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    masterblaster

masterblaster Active Member

Member:
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    pre-owner
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

there is a marked distinction between entertaining religion, and showing favoritism. there is always room for interpretation when discussing the views of the founders, however...as the constitution is written, there is no mention of keeping religion out of government; only keeping government out of religion...as you said, to protect from a theocratic emergence. It has only been through the United States Supreme Court Justices legislating from the bench that the push to keep Religious influence out of Government has come about.

note the word distinction, as i said before....there should be, and is, a line drawn as not to meld Religion and Government into a single ruling entity (theocracy)....however, like oil and water, both can exist in the same space while maintaining their independency.

again....a case of keeping Government out of religion, not the other way around.

14. Jan 23, 2010 at 10:35 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    Very well said ^^

15. Jan 23, 2010 at 11:19 PM
    smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CR
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    Silver 10 Trd Sport DC 6spd
    Satoshi grille, ARE cap, Rubber Bed mat, TRD Quick-shifter, N-Fab step rails, Wet Okoles seat covers, Husky Floor Mats, Stubby antenna, AFE Pro dry Filter, Thule rack w/ Cargo box, Sportz SUV Tent, Custom fit Air Mattress for Bed, TRD cat-back exhaust, de-badged and Sockmonkey'd. Hella Black Magic 500s, Toytec ULK, Dakar OME leafs, LR Uca's.
    So I am a gun owner but can't understand why you need a ak47 or m16 to "DEFEND" yourself. Where do you live south central LA? And even then, I would hope most of us are a better shot then some thug and could take care of business. Up here in Vt almost every one owns a gun so when you go to rob someones house you better have backup.
    I Know these are very fun (and expensive) guns to own and fire, but should every goober be able to have one? I think that's how all these guns end up in the wrong hands to begin with.
    We should all be able to have what under the 2nd? Ak's? Napalm? Rocket launchers? Surface to air missiles? Mini Nukes? Anything?
    I just don't know where to draw the line.
    I'm not involved in politics but I do know America has been under the control of the government for longer than most of us have been alive. Rep. or Dem. there all the same. They want more power and lust it.
    If the GOV comes for you and they really want you AK or Napalm will NOT stop them. Ask David Koresh. He sold and bought a lot of guns and got the attention of the ATF and then the FBI.
    The way to solve the problem is stop finding groups to hate and want to kill in During the "CALL TO ARMS?" Who will we be fighting the GOV. ? well that's the military and other Americans that we all have friends in.
    The mexicans? arabs? blacks? muslims? jews?
    who IS the enemy.
    I think the truth is our ignorance as a whole as a species is the enemy.
    lets just have some guns to kill food and for sport. That's what their real purpose should be in a smarter world.

16. Jan 23, 2010 at 11:24 PM
    pittim

pittim Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    IN, PA
    Vehicle:
    Dented and rusty
    Pink slider.
    Less than 3 months til i can get me a hand gun.

Good thing since I cant really afford one yet lol.

17. Jan 24, 2010 at 1:19 AM
    astral

astral On my second taco now....

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX PRO

Awesome. What kind of light mount is that. Is it an Inova light?

18. Jan 24, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    kristopherl

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Well if you do enough studying of why the 2nd amendment was put in place. You will find it wasn't for hunting or personal protection against a robber. Evil will unfortunately always exist; therefore we need a means to protect ourselves from it. And yes if the government comes after me an AK or AR would not stop them. HOWEVER, if a government becomes a something it was never meant to be and becomes something of a dictatorship where all of our rights are denied, it gives the American public the ability to defend themselves against the tyranny of government. I alone am nothing but a nation together is everything. So yes, and AR or other semi autos rifles makes a huge difference in the hands of a nation against a government no matter what resources they have. The right to bear arms keeps the government in their place which is to serve us not rule us. God help us if we would need to do this. The first thing an out of control government tries to do is disarm the nation so they cannot fight back. They attack the 2nd Amendment almost every day under the smoke and mirrors that is they are doing it to protect the public from criminals. Criminals don’t care about the law, they will get whatever they want whenever they want. You can look at other countries that have gun bans and it has not stopped gun related crime. So it is my fault we don't punish criminal enough to prevent this from continuing to happen? Since when did I become a criminal to not allow me to own a weapon?
    Also, yes we all have friends and family in the military but those men and women in the military will not stay in service if they believe they are fighting for the wrong thing. And it isn't like it hasn't happened before (Civil War)

I am horrible at debate and I am sure others on this site could argue better than me. I look at it from a historical standpoint and not a current teachings standpoint. Also, do not try to control someone else especially when they haven't done anything wrong.

19. Jan 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Thanks! It's a KZ light mount and yes, it's an Innova. :)

20. Jan 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    RCBS

RCBS "Cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag."

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    06 Main Runner OR
    the "enemy" is anyone who would deny you liberty. the Call to Arms has already happened once before. i am not worried about some guys in all black coming for my guns...not gonna happen. our government knows that physically confiscating weapons they deem inapropriate on a large scale is a very bad idea. their new thinking of late, is to enact laws that forbid certain weapons/ammo/equipment, then go after the owners through the court systems. they can better fight their battle on a small, individual scale, rather than demand every american turn in any weapons they have on a list. as far as what types of weapons should be allowed...i'm not sure where the line should be either? obviously, though i support the 2nd amendment, i don't want dipschitt-down-the-street launching RPG's up in the air on the 4th, but i also don't think that competent, law-abiding citizens should be denied a certain weapon because someone thinks it's scary. i guess training and competency come into play reguarding the higher end of modern weapons. citizens should at least be able to buy & legally own anything their local police force has on hand. LEOs need them to protect themselves from criminals...so why am i not able to afford myself the same protection? also, as Keason stated...the criminals may not always be the guys down in the bad neighborhood on the southside...there are plenty in the District of Columbia as well...some of whom commit "crimes" on a daily basis. oh and as for the Waco Compound...that was a very small group of well armed individuals...take that and multiply it a few thousand times...law enforcement and or local military forces would be quickly overwhelmed. we, the citizens still hold the power in this nation...even though we let our government trick us into thinking otherwise. as long as big brother doesn't screw us all too bad, we'll go on living our lives, happy that we can watch CSI on four different channels up on the wall on our 60" plasma high def. TVs while eating pizza delivered right to our doors all while ordering new accesories for our trucks on our wireless 3G cellphones.

To Top