1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting a tad closer...

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Gingerbeard Man, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Sep 7, 2015 at 3:18 PM
    Gingerbeard Man

Gingerbeard Man [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    North Dallas
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM DCSB Sport 4x4
    Icon stage 3 tubular 285/70/17 Toyo ATII
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Went to another local dealer and sat down and looked further into purchasing. We CAN'T commit until we drive both, we're new to the Tacoma in every way, and this will be my wife's dd. I'm not paying those prices, but I just wanted to get an idea of what we are looking at and start a negotiation. Supposedly they are getting in a DCSB MGM Sport in (what we wanted) for us to test out. That assuming no one snags it up. If not, we will play the wait game, I don't NEED the truck, and can wait a little longer.

Maybe this info can help others?

2. Sep 7, 2015 at 3:20 PM
    Gingerbeard Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    North Dallas
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM DCSB Sport 4x4
    Also, the first is the Limited, second and third is Sport

3. Sep 7, 2015 at 4:24 PM
    Gutt Pile

Gutt Pile Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Blazing Blue TRD Offroad
    What's the worst that can happen you put a deposit down and wait and then suddenly the supply catches up and prices open up wide giving you more room to negotiate. Unless you are taking it next week you still have to wait. Nothing wrong w breaking off a deal if you find something better and in the meantime you have a car reserved.

4. Sep 7, 2015 at 4:25 PM
    Gutt Pile

Gutt Pile Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Blazing Blue TRD Offroad
    Is that 40k out the door on a limited? Not bad . I'm almost there w taxes, doc fees out the door on an off-road w options.

5. Sep 7, 2015 at 4:31 PM
    Gingerbeard Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    North Dallas
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM DCSB Sport 4x4
    They didn't require us to put one down, the salesman wasn't pushy at all. I had the day off, and wanted to just get to a dealer and get more information. I'm not opposed to putting one down if it's refundable. But being in Dallas/Ft. Worth, there are several large dealers, so now I can start negotiating prices based off something. Nothing wrong with trying to find the best deal.

Honestly, we didn't get that far, to answer your question. The salesman had not deal with a Tacoma yet so we went back and forth on packages, wants, likes etc. For some reason that took about 2 hours, with us test driving a lifted 2 gen just to get her an idea of what a lifted truck would be like (my truck was lowered quite a bit).

I'm not in a super rush, as long as I can have my truck around the end of the year. I think that's still feasible if we wait two more weeks. If in that time they all end up sold, I'll gladly reserve one and cut my ties if need be.

Products Discussed in

To Top