1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting a vasectomy

Discussion in 'Health' started by jester156, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Aug 13, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    lowcountry

lowcountry Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    Savannah Ga
    Vehicle:
    06 DoubleCab Off-Road Indigo
    Leaf Spring TSB,Bilstein 5100@1.75,BFG/AT 265/75/16,Trimmed Flaps,Secondary Filter Removed,Foglight Anytime,Tint
    I had it done a couple months ago, we decided two was enough for us after our twins were born (3-2-10). It was uncomfortable during the procedure but after the shot you won't feel much else. It wont be that bad the rest of that day but don't let that fool you it really kicks in after a couple days, it took me about a month before I felt completely back to normal. Just get that scrip filled and grab a bag of frozen peas and kick back for a few days- small price to pay for never having to worry about birth control or condoms again :D

2. Aug 13, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    RPain

RPain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Link to build in sig
    haha i wouldnt have my balls manipulated with for a GIRLFRIEND but if you plan on making this woman your wife, then that would be a good decision :)

3. Aug 13, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    We've been dating for three years now and she's currently at Baylor med school getting her md, so she's not getting away from me! hahaha. Also she poses in bikinis by my truck (see avatar). Win, win! lol

4. Aug 13, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Anesthesia yes but only local, same kind of numbing shot you get @ the dentist, not regional(epidural) or general (putting you out with gas or meds) those are the forms of anesthesia with the most risks. The risks associated with vasectomy are very low, its a simple outpatient procedure.

5. Aug 13, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    sockmonkey

sockmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Dbl Cab Pre-Runner
    Volant Ram Air intake,URD MAF calibrator, Mr Marv 10" sub box, Alpine HU, Alpine Amp, fog light mod, scan gauge II, RAAMmat front and rear doors, Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out dash. blacked out front bumper. American Racing Mojave Teflons wrapped with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT. NST Lite Pulleys
    but you better say something if they try to start before the anesthesia is fully in affect.

the guy who did mine thought enough time had elapsed and proceeded to clamp off the "tubes"......

that is the fastest and only time my entire body burst with sweat, literally was soaked in 2 seconds

6. Aug 13, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100
    Yeeeeeooooowwwwwch! I had my ears pierced with a 12ga needle in a moment of youthful ignorance about 10 years ago, and I had the whole body sweat thing happen. Good gravy I can't imagine having work done on the boys without sufficient deadening.

Guy I work with had it about a year ago, said the pros far outweigh the few days of cons. He was ship shape in no time too, back at work a couple of days later.

7. Aug 13, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    cadzilla88

cadzilla88 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Greer SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Double Cab
    I had mine done a few years back and it was one of my best decisions. Going from pregnancy worry to nucky freedom. Everything works the same w/o the swimmers. My boys hurt for a few days but my doctor told my girlfriend that my boys needed extra exercise to get rid of any stragglers. A good way to help ease the pain. If you are done having kids or never plan on having any it's the smart thing to do.

8. Aug 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Hopefully mine says the same thing, I'm next in line to get this done. 26 and twins and my wife has a 3yr old. Docs better not give me shit, it's not their damn decision. I've heard it's in case you want a boy. Well no I don't care unless the doc wants to pay all expenses incurred lol

9. Aug 13, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Once again Props to the OP...
    I'm ready & willing but the wife wants me to wait for some odd reason... My 2 kids are 5 1/2 & 2 1/2 girl & boy, so as far as we are both concerned the sex for procreation is finished. Recreational sex would be MUCH more enjoyable minus the Trojans...:rolleyes:

10. Aug 13, 2010 at 5:12 PM
    wvmountaintop

wvmountaintop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hampshire County, WV
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4 Door LB Sport
    Weather Tech Floor Mats, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Belt Chime Mod, Extra D-Rings under Bed Bolt, ARE MX Topper, Bed Rug
    Just make sure they don't get your paperwork mixed up with the gender reassignment surgery planned for that Saturday... :eek:

11. Aug 13, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    Had mine done a few years ago and found a Urolgist that used a procedure with no needles and no stitches.
    Sprayed a numbing spray on the sack first followed by a Star Trek like Hypo-spray that numbed the important parts and only felt like a little rubberband snap and no pain.
    Did the job through one little puncture like hole and required no stitches just a band-aid.
    Sat the weekend with Ice-packs and did nothing.
    Back to normal with very little discomfort by Monday except I could not ride my bicycle for 3 weeks and had no desire to either.
    Fun part is getting to the required amount of ejaculations so you can take in a sample for testing.
    I was 53 at time and my wife had been on the pill way too long due to my bullheadedness and it took her getting breast cancer and going off the pill to open my eyes.
    Wish I had done it years before.

12. Aug 13, 2010 at 6:17 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    getting mine done shortly as welll. just had our second and that's enough

13. Aug 13, 2010 at 6:36 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    That's the way mine was done. Nice not having any stitches. Another option is to fill a cooler with ice & beer. Put a cold one between your legs and drink another. When the one becomes warm & the other empty, switch them both out with cold ones.

14. Aug 14, 2010 at 3:36 AM
    jester156

jester156 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cumberland, RI
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4. 3.0l Duramax
    i like your thinking.

15. Aug 14, 2010 at 4:11 AM
    TimS

TimS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC tacoma/2005 access cab
    Rebuilt with flatbed 5100's, new spring packs
    Just remember, it is not 100% effective. Somewhere in the 90's. My cousin had it done and a few years later, his wife was pregnant. He blamed it on to being to powerful. I also had a friend who had the samething happen. He was nervous because he thought his wife had cheeted on him. Was'nt the case however.

Hope all goes well.

16. Aug 14, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    don't forget to get a recheck and don't forget the frozen peas!:)

17. Aug 14, 2010 at 4:56 AM
    Taco.Tim

Taco.Tim Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2010 Buhlue Access Cab 2WD
    Looking!
    Had it done 22 years ago. We had two, and wife declared no more kids. Sore for a bit, and the best part is no more raincoats.

Tim Glover

18. Aug 14, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    I used the Margarita glass method.;)

19. Aug 21, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    rdcar

rdcar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma
    You know you have to relieve yourself for 6 weeks to make sure all those puppies are gone and come back for another count.

20. Aug 21, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Would love to get one done, but docs won't touch guys my age without kids.

Products Discussed in

To Top