1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting back into it. Asking for your help.

Discussion in 'Health' started by cbcs1987, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Sep 14, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    To keep this short and sweet as possible, heres a quick overview of my fitness history.

I'm 22, going on 23. In highschool I competed in weight lifting for class A from ages 15-18. I was 5'7 130 pounds most of the time. Benched 245, Squat 300.

Right after high school, I hurt myself doing barbell curls. I pushed myself to hard, and my arms were literally "stuck" at a 90 degree angle. That is what having a big ego got me. I'm definately over that now.

Presently, I'm 5'9 or so, right around 160-165 pounds. I really want to get back into shape. I'm not looking to be a body builder or anything, but just want to have a healthy lifestyle and a good workout plan. Since my injury, I have tried to start working out a few times, but always hurt my biceps again, even though I take it easy on them....so I'm not sure what to do in order to work them out. I have access to all your standard free weight equipment.

I'm not looking to lose weight....I actually wouldn't mind putting on a few pounds of muscle. I've tried joining a few fitness forums online, but all I ever run into is people that would rather talk about themselves rather than help someone out.

So all I'm asking for is your opinion on what to do as a basic "getting back on the horse" workout. Dietary advice is also welcome. Thanks for the input in advance yall!

2. Sep 14, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    cbcs1987

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    Thanks for the input. I was away at college when I hurt myself working out. All I had was the "campus doctor" who simply gave me some type of steroid and said, "better not do that anymore."

I'll look into a physical therapist.Thanks again!

3. Oct 3, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    elevatedfun

elevatedfun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    BSP 07 SR5 doublecab 4x4
    33" nitto terra grapplers, 3" readylift, 17" ultra goliath wheels, TRD seat covers, Huskey floor matts, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, OBX fatboy shift knob, K&N high-flow cleanable airfilter, Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD, Lamin-X yellow fog light covers, Ultragauge
    I've only been lifting for about a year now so I am certainly no expert but my vote would be to get into more of a cross-fit program. Using your own body weight to get yourself in shape by strength training and cardio mix. I have a buddy who plays football and competes on the national level in judo and he does a cross-fit program with a professional about 4 days a week and loves it. If anything that will give you a good mix of strength and bringing down the fat%.
    check out bodybuilding.com for all sorts of workout routines for different needs and abilities. Even if you just hit the weight room 4 days a week and don't push yourself hard just go in there to exercise a few times a week

4. Oct 3, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Hey man. Idk what part of east tennessee you're in, but theres alot of great hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking and shit like that down there. I worked in East TN/ West NC for a year and loved it. I hate going to the gym so I just try to stay active when I can.

5. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    cbcs1987

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I live in the middle of all that lol. I'm in Blount County. I can get from my house to the Smokys in about 10 minutes.

Products Discussed in

To Top