1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting new tires, one last question....

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by ollietonk, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Dec 4, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    ollietonk

ollietonk [OP] Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Stock
    I'm finally getting new tires on the truck (Stock, 06' regular cab, 4 cyl, 4WD) and was looking, at BFG AT's and Firestone Destinations AT's. Big $$$ difference with the BFG's coming out @ $200 more in the end. Are the BFG's worth it and the real question is.....

Will 265/75-16 tires fit without rubbing (no hard wheeling but occasional offroad and lots of snow). Anyone running this size and how does the 4cyl handle it? Any other good AT tires out there that anyone can recommend in the same price range or less.

I know the question has been asked before, but I wanted one last opportunity to get any new opinions or advice before it's too late.

Thanks, Rob

2. Dec 4, 2009 at 7:53 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    265/75/16 tire will fit fine.

3. Dec 4, 2009 at 8:01 AM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    ^what he said

My brother just bought BFG, and he was askin me the same question; BFG vs Firestone on a Ford Ranger. You gotta remember the price you see on the tire isn't set in stone, you can deal with the tireshop, and all I gotta say is BFG sponsors the baja 1000 and some race teams actually race on the A/T KO. The new Ford SVT raptor runs that very tire and raced the 1000, I've never heard of firestone when it comes to off road racing, maybe I'm wrong, but the fact remains BFG's history precedes them when it comes to racing and like they say, racing improves the breed. Not to mention it looks x1000 better than the firestone. When I hear firestone I think of ford explorers rolling ....

Another option thats good and cheap. Nitto Terra Grapper-about 140 per tire
    Hankook dynapro atm rf10-170 per tire
    Toyo open country AT-140-150
    Good luck

4. Dec 4, 2009 at 1:57 PM
    ollietonk

ollietonk [OP] Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Stock
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards the BFG's. I've had them on wranglers and Cherokee's and have been very happy. They just seem to have gotten expensive since my last purchase. A salesman at a local tire shop said that BFG was discontinuing their AT. I couldn't and still don't believe they would drop one of their best tires of all time. I guess it's gonna be the 265/75 BFG's. Thanks for the info.

Products Discussed in

To Top