1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting screwed?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Ghost96Romeo, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Oct 30, 2008 at 5:15 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    You could always get a nice comfortable chair and watch and wait for what you want for a truck and it's options. Might take a few years but eventually you'll hit the mother-load. The stars could align...

NoCars is back? Hmmmm.....Giving advice about getting what you want? Double Hmmmmm....

2. Oct 30, 2008 at 5:28 PM
    nocarsallowed

nocarsallowed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4X4 - Access Cab
    NO MODS YET! 20" Enkeis with NT420 performance tires coming soon...inspired by genxer36.
    Don't start with me. I come to forum for info. Doesn't change the fact that I don't like you.

3. Oct 30, 2008 at 5:38 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    I'll be right back, I have to get a band-aid. Looks like I got cut....

I was on the Ford Escape Forum, didn't see you there.

4. Nov 22, 2008 at 12:39 PM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    I went for the '09 instead of the '08 becasue of the new limited slip differential that is controlled by the stability control system. It is more traction control than a true limted slip but my 2WD 4 cylinder Access Cab pulls my Carolina Skiff right up the slippery boat ramp. It actually works rather well. My previous truck had a true limited slip and with the new Taco I am able to put the boat in using the same crummy ramps I had before including one that is all sanded up and very difficult to pull out of at low tide.

The rearview camera is very nice when hooking up the trailer. It lets you get the ball right under the coupling without having to get out and check your alignment.

I added a Class III hitch, trailer light hookup and a transmission cooler for less than $300 and have a very capable 4 cylinder tow truck that returns 23 mpg in daily driving.

My daily drive is 47 mi of interstate driving with many crazies around so the air bags are nice to have. I did learn, however, that you have to make sure the seat covers work with the seat mounted side airbags. Some are designed with breakaway stiching for the airbags. Many of them aren't.

5. Nov 22, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    sunruner19

sunruner19 Senior Senile Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Y
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    supercharger, ARE series 2 lid.
    In 2000, I purchased a Tacoma 4wd reg cab which came loaded with p/w, p/drlks. bucket seats, mag wheels, chrome fr and rr bumpers, sliding r window, air bags fr, a/c and a good stereo. List price was 19,800. My 09 Tacoma 4wd reg cab came with a/c, sliding r window, steel wheels, and a bench seat. The radio is cd/ xm ready, prewired. Traction/stability control and side, front airbags and wired for the rear cam, even though toyota states its not available in this model. Cost was 19,800.

So, Toyota has basically kept the price about the same for this model over an 8 yr period which is a good thing. It keeps it affordable and still maintain quality for those that want a toyota 4wd in todays marketplace. What you get now is a basic truck, with no frills, but lots of safety and handling equiptment. I would rather have that than power windows and door locks which do nothing to get me thru a snowstorm or a bad accident.

Products Discussed in

To Top