1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting Suspension TSB tomorrow

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by moraink, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Jan 17, 2008 at 7:09 PM
    moraink

moraink [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Silver Doublecab 4x4
    Leather Seats DVD players in rear Westin Nerf Bars Westin Bull Bar w/ Hella lights K&N Performance Kit 3" Toy Tec Lift DC-1 Black (17x9) w/ BFG ATs
    Here you go:

Part Number: M/T979412
    • 17x9, 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern
    • Back Spacing = 4.53 in.
    • Offset = -12mm.
    • Max Load = 2500 lbs.
    • Hub Centric = Yes
    • Finish = Black
    But now looking at them, since they are hub centric, will they fit on a Tacoma? I really hate this, I like the wheels and don't feel like doing more research on them.

2. Jan 17, 2008 at 7:14 PM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    I just orderd my lift today and should have it this next Friday? My question is, will it matter if the TSB has been done if I put the 3" lift on?

3. Jan 17, 2008 at 7:16 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    did u get the AAL in the rear or the blocks?

4. Jan 17, 2008 at 7:18 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    from my limited knowledge, i dont think u'd need a lift on that b/c ur not going w/ something like a 285/70/17, then i'd say definately...but i might would try having them put em on and see where they sit, if ur not in the notion of getting a lift right now

5. Jan 17, 2008 at 7:26 PM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    I want to say it's the add a leaf? I don't remember, it's the OME all the way around with heavy up front to support the ARB bumber when I get it? It's $974.00 or so?

6. Jan 17, 2008 at 7:32 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    well they say that if u get the tsb done in the rear w/ the 4pack springs to do the blocks in the rear if u need more. The AAL rear is like 1.5" and the tsb rear is like 1-1.25" i do believe. i'd put the front in and go from there. if u dont like the look w/ just the added lift in the front, then throw in a 1-2" block.

7. Jan 18, 2008 at 9:12 AM
    khfactor

khfactor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD Sport
    Pop N Lock + Hose Clamp. DTRL, AFE drop-In Dry filter, 6-1/2" Replacement Speakers, JVC HD Radio, Sam's club variety Floor mats (cheap but effective), Chrome Exhaust tip, Bed Mat from ol' Ford Ranger. As of 3/25/2020, the Odometer just turned 70K.
    My truck went in this morning for the Leaf Spring TSB. I was able to get the appointment without any hassles because I did not go thru the dealership directly. My truck is 07 TRS Acess 4x4 and only has 785 miles on the ODO. So it is brand new.

Here is the trick. What you do is to call the TOYOTA CUSTOMER LINE (1-800-331-something) and say that you experienced the bed bottoming out when somewhat substantial weight was carried and ask why this is happening. Also ask if it can be "corrected" since the truck is covered under the warranty.

In my case, the Toyota Rep put me on hold and looked up their data base. She came back on line and asked me where I want to take my truck to get this fixed. She even called and sent an e-mail to the dealership of my choice of necessary repair work. I got a call from the Dealership next day asking me when I want to bring the truck in for the TSB work.

This way, you avoid having to plea your case with the DEALERSHIP. One call to Toyota Customer Number, and you are taken care of... :D

8. Jan 23, 2008 at 3:45 PM
    pdxyota

pdxyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Newberg, OR
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 5M 2TR-FE SR5 Access Cab Indigo Ink Pearl
    TSB x 2 because first TSB leaf springs broke
    I just got back from ROYAL MOORE TOYOTA in Hillsboro, Oregon, outstanding dealership.

I brought my truck in, 40,500 miles & because I had taken it in while still under full warranty for "ride issues" in the suspension they're ordering all the stuff & will get the TSB done asap. No test drive, nothing, they're awesome & I didn't even have to ask, they're just taking care of it.

I'll buy another truck from them someday, my parents have each bought a Camry from them, oustanding dealer so far.

I have the '05 2.7L 5 speed (non-TRD) so I'll let you know what they did to it, maybe post a picture or two. I have NO idea what brand shocks they put on, I'll have to look at their paperwork when they're done. :D

9. Jan 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    they should be putting on the bilsteins from the trd package as well as the 4 leaf pack in the rear. u should have the full suspension of a trd, minus the beefier coils and sway bar

10. Feb 13, 2008 at 8:56 PM
    BigRock76

BigRock76 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4, SR5, DC long bed
    08 - switched to 4x4 long bed, no mods yet 07 - TRD front bumper, TSB suspension, 3" front level by ReadyLift, bed mat, Truxedo soft tonneau cover. Westin tube steps, extra D-rings
    Went to dealer today for tire rotation and mentioned it bottomed out when loaded with the 4 wheeler. They had no problem and order the parts for the TSB. Will be here in a couple of days.

Question: Will the new leafs raise the rear height? Did anyone raise the front to compensate to keep the truck level? I have an ARB front (about 500 lbs I guess) so I thought I might need a small lift just to level out the truck - not interested in huge lift or oversized wheels.

Great info on the TSB, never would have know if I had not come across TW.

Thanks for the help.

11. Feb 14, 2008 at 2:30 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    im getting mine done tomorow(cant friggin wait either:D)....but i have heard that it will raise the rear from and inch and a quarter to and inch and a half or so. and ive also heard people level out the front with bilstein 5100's or maybe a spacer up front. you may want a spacer and the 5100's since you have that heavy duty bumper....just a thought though.

12. Feb 14, 2008 at 7:35 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    This is exactly what my service person told me and then added that my 08 had the same rear springs part #'s that were covered on the 05 to 08-28-07 trucks. But is giving me grieve because '08 it is not included in the TSB. Toyota has known about this for three years and to keep sending out trucks with three leafs is chicken shit to say the least! Especially when you order the trailer towing package and they ought to know you will be putting more weight on the rear of the truck.:mad:

13. Feb 14, 2008 at 8:06 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    try to wait it out just a couple more weeks....i think toyota is gonna revise the tsb again to include the 08's. either wait a little longer, or call toyota's 800 number. send a pm to khfactor for the correct 800 number, and they should take care of ya!!

14. Feb 14, 2008 at 8:26 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Called the 1 800 first and they referred me to the dealer. I thought it was a go and then the dealer called back and said the '08 didn't get it. Funny though the parts dept. called today and said my parts were in (leaf springs, bolts, shocks). Didn't get a return call from the service dept. though? Maybe it will work out, but still think Toyota is out of line sending out '08's with the same bad parts!!!

15. Feb 14, 2008 at 9:20 PM
    M2M

M2M Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    bilstiens, sport 08 w/o scoop, debadged

sooo,
    I am new and have a new, 2008 TRD 4x4, double cab, long bed and I have the wrong leaf springs if I only count 2 full and the helper ????
    your kidding right ????

16. Feb 14, 2008 at 9:40 PM
    M2M

M2M Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:

well, of course mine has the towing package also !

17. Feb 14, 2008 at 9:53 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    I just got a '08 moving from a '99 and finding out all this about the springs in the rear from these posts. I imagine Toyota hopes not many read these things.

18. Feb 14, 2008 at 10:08 PM
    M2M

M2M Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:

the funnest thing was ,
    I thought when looking to buy it
    "those springs look a bit wimpy", then it was,
    "it is just the way it is" - after reading the spec's on the truck and noticed that the carrying capacity on the long bed was lower
    after a trip with four people in it I thought something just was not right
    Tires maybe??, not used to the new truck ?
    they WILL hear from me

19. Feb 15, 2008 at 9:34 AM
    rugger

rugger Member

Member:
    I got mine done last week and it still bottoms out. What are my options now. They had a guy a dspm??? come check it out and it still bottoms out with a 350lb (quad) load. They told me to bring it with my quad in the bed and we went for a ride and it was not fixed. Then they wanted to put my quad in a new 08 but that would not help fix my truck. The dealer is very easy to work, with they are also doing the TBS on the tailgate. I have been searching for answers and cant find any.......

20. Feb 15, 2008 at 3:31 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    got mine done today........friggin dumbass dealership ordered and installed the wrong damn springs!!! im pissed now!! gonna have a few words with the service manager in the morning!! good thing i had a copy of the tsb with me when i went to pick it up!! even the service advisor couldnt believe it!! the other thing that pisses me the hell off is that after the alignment....now my steering wheel is crooked as hell!! im really starting to hate incompetent people!!

Products Discussed in

To Top