1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting Suspension TSB tomorrow

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by moraink, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Feb 15, 2008 at 3:38 PM
    mvega1969

mvega1969 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tacoma DC LB 4X4 TRD Off Road.
    You have them now in your hands, smash them as much as you can... this is your time.

2. Feb 19, 2008 at 6:14 AM
    darktac07

darktac07 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black '07 Double Cab Tacoma w/Sports Package
    TSB-SU006-07 (Leaf Springs)
    I got my TSB completed a couple weeks ago, and I must say I love it. The truck is stiffer, corners and handles better, and does not bottom out. Plus it sits higher, but this is only noticeable to the driver. Leaf springs wear out anyway with time, so I highly recommend it even if you don't tow or haul much. It took about a day for he parts to come in and then a couple hours for installation. The dealer required an "inspection" prior to agreeing to performing the TSB, but that took all but 5 mintues - I guess all they needed to do was check the manufacture date on the door seal. I was surprised that the dealer knew about it - didn't even have to take my copy of the TSB out, I am very happy with the process, needless to say. :cool:

3. Feb 19, 2008 at 2:21 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    im getting mine redone tomorrow(wednesday)!! stopped in today to drop my truck off and pick up my rental car(new camry......pretty quick for a 4 banger).....and i saw the springs this time, so now they cant screw it up!! talked to the service manager again, and he says he will drive it and make sure the alignment is right this time..........................we will see tomorrow afternoon!!!

4. Mar 6, 2008 at 2:38 AM
    evolution6972

evolution6972 Well-Known Member

Member:
    thank you so much i thought i was going to be the onmly one complaining about that if i went to them with a complaint about botoming out i looked under my truck and can see where the rubber hits the frame im going to call them when they open

5. Mar 6, 2008 at 5:00 AM
    dfranklin

dfranklin New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    I have the '08 Tacoma TRD Sport Access Cab. It appears virtually the same as the '07. In fact, I have yet to find anything at all different in them.

Does anyone know if this problem was corrected on the '08 models? I purchased mine in October '07 so it was an early '08 model.

6. Mar 6, 2008 at 7:14 AM
    M2M

M2M Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    bilstiens, sport 08 w/o scoop, debadged
    early 08's have the same springs -
    like mine

7. Mar 6, 2008 at 5:07 PM
    lugnut

lugnut Member

Member:
    The TSB says the repair is covered for trucks still in warranty. Since my 'o6 has 40,000 miles, am I out of luck?

8. Mar 6, 2008 at 7:06 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

you may still qualify!! you may have to show them that the truck bottoms out though........hell, throw alotta heavy shit in the bed and take it in. hopefully......they will do the tsb for you.

9. Mar 7, 2008 at 5:31 PM
    gegundez

gegundez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Prerunner Dcab
    Overpriced stereo and alarm. MBRP Dual Exhaust.
    It is worth the headache to get a FREE 1" rear suspension lift. Then add a front level lift (Ready lift spacers or coilovers) to complete the job. Maybe I will keep my RL spacers since I was worried about bottoming out when I had the bike in my bed a few months ago. Thanks for the TSB info. :D

10. Mar 7, 2008 at 8:59 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    well, it may not be that much of a headache for some, and the ride quality is totally different, imo!! big difference from original to the tsb ride.

11. Mar 7, 2008 at 9:53 PM
    RedBull

RedBull Member

Member:
    McAllen, TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Quick question: I really haven't experienced any "bottoming out" but I do have an '05 Tacoma with the 3 leafs - should I consider getting the TSB done? I don't know if I'll regret it later? I can't afford any leveling (even though I wish I could!) or any other type of work.

12. Mar 7, 2008 at 10:02 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    yes, personally i think the ride is better with the tsb. if you're within warranty you should definitely try to get it done.

13. Mar 8, 2008 at 3:39 AM
    evolution6972

evolution6972 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i am getting it tthis tuesday my toyota guy kept asking me if im sure i wanted the stiffer ride i told him my truck was supposed to have a twoing package but it didnt so he said this will be just like i did and the only thing he told me was to keep my old shocks cause they ride aallot better than the new trd shocks they would put on so i agreed with him hope fully he is right he ususally is

14. Mar 8, 2008 at 10:11 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

i think your toyota guy is uninformed. the trd shocks are way better than the shocks that come on the sr5 trucks. good ol bilsteins.

15. Mar 9, 2008 at 9:07 PM
    RedBull

RedBull Member

Member:
    McAllen, TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 TRD Sport Double Cab
    I'm going to the dealer this week to try and get the TSB done...I'm at 37K miles but I did buy the extended warranty (don't know if that makes a difference or not?)...Hopefully, they'll still do the work without any questions! I'll post the happenings...

16. Mar 10, 2008 at 12:04 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    The TSB says 36 or 36K from in service date. :confused:

17. Mar 10, 2008 at 7:08 PM
    Baxtinator

Baxtinator New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT 4X4
    K&N , 2.25" ready lift, trd seat covers
    I had i tsb done also. After that the rear was so much higher than the front i hated it! So i installed a ready lift 2.25" spacer kit. Now it looks great. the rear is a half inch higher the the front.

18. Mar 10, 2008 at 7:35 PM
    surftodd

surftodd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma
    3 inch Trux suspension lift Upgraded Bilstein Shocks Upgrade spring pack Custom Rock-Crawler Wheels 32 inch Kumho MTs Rear Jumper Seat- makes truck a seven person vehicle Tow package Rear Fog lights New Roof Rack Running Lights Cargo Extender Rack Bed Cover
    What story was used to get the tsb done? Was there any notiable difference to the height of the rear?

19. Mar 10, 2008 at 11:11 PM
    Baxtinator

Baxtinator New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT 4X4
    K&N , 2.25" ready lift, trd seat covers
    There is a copy of the tsb floating around on here somewhere. I printed it called all the local dealers to "test the water" all said thet had never heard of it. So i told them that with my quad and camping gear in the back it was hitting the bump stops going down the freeway. And it actually did. Btw. i just thought it was normal for a light duty truck. untill i seen the tsb . I took the truck in and showed them the tsb. He looked at the computer and he found the same exact one. After that he just ordered the parts.

20. Mar 11, 2008 at 9:00 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Got mine today. Took about a month of friendly persuasion and some luck I believe. Anyway, raised the rear of the truck approx. .75" and firmed up the ride to be more like a sports car. Not really harsh at all. It will probably settle to a set at closer to .5" after the first heavy load on the truck. I am quite pleased. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top