1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting Suspension TSB tomorrow

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by moraink, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Dec 15, 2008 at 9:24 AM
    grivera

grivera Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hanover, MD
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC SR5 4x4, Desert Sand Mica
    Rear Suspension TSB, Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners-fronts set at 1.75". BFG A/T's @ 265/75/16; Access LE Roll-up cover; Iron Cross Tube SS Steps; Fumoto valve; WeatherTech Liners; AFE Pro-Dry; front side windows tinted 20%; TW Decal!
    Mine is getting done as we speak. The dealer is installing my 5100s in place of the TSB supplied Bilsteins (which they are going to give me). The tech called me and suggested that I go with the standard setting on the 5100s, I said install them at 1.75" setting thinking that this would nearkly level out the front.

Does this sound logical or did I go too high? Will the rear springs settle back to stock level?

2. Dec 15, 2008 at 1:04 PM
    surftodd

surftodd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma
    3 inch Trux suspension lift Upgraded Bilstein Shocks Upgrade spring pack Custom Rock-Crawler Wheels 32 inch Kumho MTs Rear Jumper Seat- makes truck a seven person vehicle Tow package Rear Fog lights New Roof Rack Running Lights Cargo Extender Rack Bed Cover
    My TSB was completed last May and the springs have not settled at all....

2007 Tacoma

3. Dec 15, 2008 at 3:01 PM
    grivera

grivera Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hanover, MD
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC SR5 4x4, Desert Sand Mica
    Rear Suspension TSB, Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners-fronts set at 1.75". BFG A/T's @ 265/75/16; Access LE Roll-up cover; Iron Cross Tube SS Steps; Fumoto valve; WeatherTech Liners; AFE Pro-Dry; front side windows tinted 20%; TW Decal!
    Did you correct the front rake with spacers or anything, ie 5100s? if so, what height did you go with?

4. Dec 15, 2008 at 4:47 PM
    surftodd

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma
    3 inch Trux suspension lift Upgraded Bilstein Shocks Upgrade spring pack Custom Rock-Crawler Wheels 32 inch Kumho MTs Rear Jumper Seat- makes truck a seven person vehicle Tow package Rear Fog lights New Roof Rack Running Lights Cargo Extender Rack Bed Cover
    I went with the Trux Lift kit on the front end and kept the original Bilstiens. I also used the spacers for the front rack..

All seams fine

Slight vibration in the driveshaft from putting in the additional 2.5 inch lift in the rear, even though I used the axel shims....

Once I put on the knobby tires, I can't even really notice the driveshaft vibrations since the tires mask the noise/vibration over...

5. Dec 15, 2008 at 4:50 PM
    surftodd

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma
    I think I went with the 1.5 inch spacers...can't find my paper work though..
    The guys at Toytech.com were a great help as far as figuring the tech stuff out...

Products Discussed in

To Top