1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting the lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tarheelfan_08, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Apr 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    OK guys so after a lot of careful thinking and planning, I have decided I am going to get a lift for my truck! I just found out today that I will get to work 40 hours a week over the summer and I am pretty excited and I plan to do a few mods! The first mod will be spray in bed linner with bed rails to match my chrome step rails! Then I want to get a lift! I am thinking 3 inches! But idk know how it will look with my new wheels and tires and I really need to hear everyone's opinions! Also I know nothing about lifts! So I need help deciding what type to get!

2. Apr 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    3 inch toytec...........coils for the front....aal for the rear. it'll look great!

3. Apr 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Sounds great. I will be working full time this summer too. I plan on saving some money to do some MODS. I am not too sure what I want to do.

4. Apr 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar

This is Spanish to me! I need links with pics and then you have to describe to me what all that means ha! Sorry I am bad with lift stuff:D

5. Apr 30, 2009 at 9:21 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Icon's with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 295 BFG KO2, Bora 1" spacers, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Its a coil lift, that replaces your stock coil, to give you the 3" lift. And AAL, is Add-A-Leaf. It ads a leaf to your rear leafs to provide the lift. (heres a link) And new shocks either OME or Bilsteins would be a good idea too.
    http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pa...ategory_id=63&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

there give some options for the rear lift. AAL and Full leaf pack are the best. stay away from blocks and spacers man.

6. May 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
To Top