1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

giant motorsports

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by brokeandstuck, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Nov 20, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    brokeandstuck

brokeandstuck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ed
    valley center
    Vehicle:
    stuck
    Has anyone heard anything about the giant I beam conversion kit for the 2nd gen toyota tacomas?

2. Nov 20, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    No; but why would you want to some dirty hooker travel I-beam set up when you can get some very nice, 14'' travel dual shock IFS sets ups from Camburg or TC?

3. Nov 20, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    x2

4. Nov 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    I knew someone would say dirty hooker travel lol

5. Nov 20, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    call up giant. problem solved

what are you wanting to know exactly??? i dont get the point of this thread...

if you want a beamed truck just pick up a ranger off RDC and dont molest the tacoma, especially since it's an 06. i can't say i have ever seen a beamed 2nd gen. prolly a reason for that...

6. Nov 20, 2011 at 10:57 PM
    ColesDirtyYota

ColesDirtyYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Dezert Built
    Camburg LT Icon 2.5" x 9" coilovers Radflo 2.0" Bumpstops Radflo 2.5" x 16" tripple- Bypasses Deaver F67 Race Pack Richer Racing 12" shackles Full bedcage Full 2" cab cage Tube bumper Solid motor mounts Total Chaos spindle Gussets RR gusseted UCA mounts Total Chaos poly urethane Steering kit T100 axle 4:88's/ Locker AFE dry air intake BA Muffler Trimmed the Throttle Body Fiberwerx 05+ clip Fiberwerx 8" bedsides Full JL speakers/ deck/ sub Rigid Industry 30" LED bar ORW LED amber lights/ brake lights Kenwood Race Radio HF jack with custom skid plat
  7. Nov 20, 2011 at 11:51 PM
    brokeandstuck

Member:
    First Name:
    ed
    valley center
    Vehicle:
    stuck
    lol, cuz i want more than 13 inch of travel. I wanted to do somthing different with the truck. Everyone runs rangers. But i was talking to solo motor and they are trying to make a kit that will run 17 inch of travel. Plus there is nothing wrong with a dirty hooker just gotta double wrap lol. The plan is to get giants DD four link kit in the rear but i want to run at least 16 inch in the front. i was just wondering if anyone has ran the i beam kit.

8. Nov 20, 2011 at 11:54 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    if you want more than 13, go custom.

9. Nov 20, 2011 at 11:59 PM
    brokeandstuck

Member:
    First Name:
    ed
    valley center
    Vehicle:
    stuck
    cant afford it.

10. Nov 21, 2011 at 6:39 AM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    hmmm what is your price range for long travel exactly?

11. Nov 21, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Price range should be a deep pocket, it ain't cheap.

12. Nov 21, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    You're heading towards a very, very expensive path. Beams + links = you're gonna need a second vehicle for street duty unless you do some custom rear sway bar setup. Big picture is much more expensive than might expect.

If you're running terrain and speeds that necessitate that much travel, factor in the cost of a rollcage too. We don't want to lose a member.

13. Nov 21, 2011 at 7:38 AM
    ColesDirtyYota

ColesDirtyYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Dezert Built
    Camburg LT Icon 2.5" x 9" coilovers Radflo 2.0" Bumpstops Radflo 2.5" x 16" tripple- Bypasses Deaver F67 Race Pack Richer Racing 12" shackles Full bedcage Full 2" cab cage Tube bumper Solid motor mounts Total Chaos spindle Gussets RR gusseted UCA mounts Total Chaos poly urethane Steering kit T100 axle 4:88's/ Locker AFE dry air intake BA Muffler Trimmed the Throttle Body Fiberwerx 05+ clip Fiberwerx 8" bedsides Full JL speakers/ deck/ sub Rigid Industry 30" LED bar ORW LED amber lights/ brake lights Kenwood Race Radio HF jack with custom skid plat
    hahaha do u think its all about fat travel numbers?? i have a bolt on kit but have driven circles by ibeam'd out rangers with 20" of travel easily, why? i valved my shocks...

and if money is your issue, then why are u trying to get a race kit? haha your just getting into more money. and with that race kit u better have a full engine and cab cage to hold your truck together

14. Nov 21, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    those words do not mix

camburg says they have recently developed a race kit for the 2nd gens, but i'm not aware of anybody running it yet...

having said that, one should never run links in an un-caged truck or a front race kit in a un-caged truck. like cole said, it aint all about travel. how do you know you need more than 13" travel? you dont jump right into the deep end to learn to swim...

are the big travel numbers just to impress the bitches?

15. Nov 21, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    jtlachac08

jtlachac08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Phoenix, Az
    LMFAO :rofl:

16. Nov 21, 2011 at 10:17 AM
    jtlachac08

jtlachac08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Phoenix, Az
    If you want more than 14" buy the engage kit on the black friday sale, for the affordability

17. Nov 21, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    brokeandstuck

Member:
    First Name:
    ed
    valley center
    Vehicle:
    stuck
    lol, i have a guy thats going to do a cage for me thats for dam sure. I have buckets and five points, i was only wonderin what poeple thought about i beams vs arms for the 2nd gen yotas. All my buddies are running chev and have mass travel they all talk shit on me that i wont keep up lol. i want to prove them wrong. Im a toya guy so you know how it goes hahahaha.

18. Nov 21, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    brokeandstuck

Member:
    First Name:
    ed
    valley center
    Vehicle:
    stuck
    just wondering and poking around before i actually spend the money, its a big investment and i want to make sure im happy with what im going to do. I watch all my buddies do this and do that and switch this and rebuild that, but unfortantly i dont make 40 bucks an hour like they do. I do have another DD though. 88 honda civic. feel like im going to get smashed in the thing but with the gas millage it gets i cant go wrong.

19. Nov 21, 2011 at 11:55 PM
    Deanthemachine

Deanthemachine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner
    me personally I thought big travel numbers equaled a plush ride and you'd be able to push your truck faster. I later learned that I was way wrong. its all about shock valving and useable travel. personally if your on a budget I'd go with the engage kit. Hassim is a great guy who offers great customer service and really helped me out with my truck and educated me. my truck is my dd and handles pretty good on road and during panic situations its not the most horrible but also isn't the safest. my friend had a beamed and linked ranger. that truck handled horribly on the street. sure, its cool to be able to three wheel around a corner, and to impress so called "bitches" but in a panic situation links and beams are no bueno and i'd hate to see a member lose their truck or be seriously injured. also more useable travel whether it be beams, links, a race kit, what have you will = more speed which will require more gusseting on the frame and you'd definately want a cage in case hell breaks loose. and thats where your money pit will get larger. learn all you can and start off small and in stages, thats what I'm doing. sure you won't get the most out of your truck from the start which is what we all want, but you learn your limits and progress in stages which overall IMO is best in any sport or interest.

20. Nov 22, 2011 at 12:02 AM
    brokeandstuck

Member:
    First Name:
    ed
    valley center
    Vehicle:
    stuck
    thanks i greatly appreciate everything. in the end i prob will get the engage kit. Any body willing to give me a ride with the engage kit at the dezert meet in Dec.? :):):):D

Products Discussed in

To Top