1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

glassworks fenders help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by imtwistd, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Nov 2, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    Wicked 2007

Wicked 2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    2007 Tacoma Double Cab SB 4WD - Auto -TRD Off Road - Icon Billet UCA - 8" ORI Front Struts - Bilstein 5100 11" RCD Shock - AllPro Expo Springs - Demello Sliders - Tom Woods 1 Piece Driveshaft - 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims - Locker Mod - Locker Guard - 35" MT MTZ's - ARB Bumper - Warn 8000 winch w/synthetic line - All-Pro Front Skid/Transmission Skid/Rear Armor - ARB Front Locker - Nitro 4.56 gears - Marlin 4.7 crawl box - Twin Stick FJ t-case - ATO high clearance rear bumper

I tried the number right now - says number is no longer in service. :-/

2. Nov 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap

Their password is "scam".

3. Nov 3, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    imtwistd

imtwistd [OP] Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    Well isnt that just friggin peachy:mad:

4. Nov 9, 2011 at 9:24 AM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    2007 Tacoma Double Cab SB 4WD - Auto -TRD Off Road - Icon Billet UCA - 8" ORI Front Struts - Bilstein 5100 11" RCD Shock - AllPro Expo Springs - Demello Sliders - Tom Woods 1 Piece Driveshaft - 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims - Locker Mod - Locker Guard - 35" MT MTZ's - ARB Bumper - Warn 8000 winch w/synthetic line - All-Pro Front Skid/Transmission Skid/Rear Armor - ARB Front Locker - Nitro 4.56 gears - Marlin 4.7 crawl box - Twin Stick FJ t-case - ATO high clearance rear bumper
    after paying Tim at Glassworks 9 weeks ago i finally have given up - getting fenders from another vendor - I ordered on monday they are out for delivery today.

I hear such good things about the quality of work from GW - but getting the parts is impossible. I would not recommend using Glassworks unless your time frame is forever (and then a few more days). He perpetually lied to me about them being ready, shipped, damaged, shipped, sent back, shipped, etc. It was always an excuse and when you look and talk to others its the same story he gives everyone - too bad.

I would sticky this forum if I could to give future customers fair warning of how they run their business. The only way I could get Tim to call me back was to use a FAKE email address asking him to do custom TT work - then he magically got my email and called me within 1 hour - I did this twice, it works. Clearly he has bigger more important projects that he wants to work on which is fine - he should just tell me and the others just looking for fenders that vs. taking our money and lying.

now to call my credit card company to make the claim and get my money back...

5. Nov 9, 2011 at 9:47 AM
    Oury

Oury Texas Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Oury
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    stuff and more stuff
    damn that sucks.... i was hoping for a positive response but now Im hesitant to order anything from them. Plus I like the less aggressive look of the AP, any other company make 3in Rise + 2.5in flare? I like that amount

6. Nov 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4

I was getting 2" rise 2" flare from glassworks. I went with the 3" flare 2" rise from trailer products which in the end I think is best for me and my setup with 35's and is not going to look overly aggressive

http://www.off-roadfiberglass.com/street/tactoy.htm

7. Nov 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    Oury

Oury Texas Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Oury
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    stuff and more stuff
    Awesome, I like the price of those. How long till you have them installed on your truck? Would love to see pictures cus I am running 285 Goodyear MTR's.

[​IMG]

8. Nov 9, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    My fenders are off so im ready to put them on this week - I will definitely update with pics. Im currently running 315's

9. Nov 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    Not to go too far OT but you know how when you remove the factory flares you're left with those square mounting holes? Those are about 3" higher than the bottom of the fender and are uniformaly spaced around the wheel well opening.

Has anybody else thought about using those holes kind of as a guide and cut the fenders up to those holes. Then maybe rolling the lip?

I've been kinda thinking of getting one spare fender and trying it as an expeirment but i would have to do something else when it comes to rolling the fender, like edge or heavy door edge trim moulding. Being metal and a factory fender, you dont have to try to figure out a place for the antenna and the fit would be spot on, as it's a factory part.

This way you could get the 3" rise and gain more clearance to the doors and front bumper to allow bigger tires, without having the fenders flare out a mile and making the tires looked tucked in a mile.

10. Nov 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    sounds complicated! but do it, u can be a test subject!:D

11. Nov 9, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    BMOC

BMOC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paden
    Phoenix, AZ
    yea, that's pretty bad...

12. Nov 10, 2011 at 6:13 AM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    So I got the new fenders today from trailer. They looked great - good finish, etc. Went to line them up and something was definitely off.

I quickly found out they sent me fenders for a 2007 Tundra and not a Tacoma lol

Called them up - they will have a new (correct) set out this week and the delivery company will just take the tundra ones when they drop off the new ones.

Good news is I ordered on Tuesday and had them on Wed. So hopefully I should have the correct ones by early next week.

to be continued... :)

13. Nov 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    these are nice looking my favorite glass fenders i have seen so far!

14. Nov 10, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    DTFtacoma

DTFtacoma Dezert Toy Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner D-cab
    DTF LT front & rear
    eww

15. Nov 10, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4

Good or bad having fenders is better than no fenders. Tim is a liar and I gave him 9 weeks with my money (and the 5 months prior to him telling me he was making them before he got my money)and nothing came of it.

Ill make the TP fenders work. But as I mentioned the Tundra ones I got look great.

16. Nov 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    DTFtacoma

DTFtacoma Dezert Toy Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner D-cab
    DTF LT front & rear
    I've seen both shops in person and I wouldn't suggest TP to anybody.

17. Nov 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4

Well I wont recommend Glassworks to anyone :) I could care less how the shop looks- i am not buying the shop, I am buying fenders. If it comes back and it works I am happy. Fiberglass is not rocket science. Although Tim at GW and his time-frames sure makes it seem like that lol

I am not trying to intentionally bag Glassworks. I waited on them for over 7 months because of folks like you who swear by them. Its just unfortunate Tim is not an honest businessman. He called me to tell me they were ready, I didnt call him. He took my credit card and said shipping today!! That was 10 weeks ago.

I am just reporting on my experience. In the end TP answers their phone, has the configuration I want and ships when they say they will. I wish I did this 7 months ago. Even if I need to refinish them myself I would be done by now. :)

I liked the quality of the Tundra fenders I got - so if my tacoma ones come looking like that ill be a happy camper. Of course I will give an honest report on them.

Most people are familiar with the quality as they are the ones who make them for all pro...

I can snap pics of these tundra fender in my garage - they meet my expectations for fiberglass.

18. Nov 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    Oury

Oury Texas Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Oury
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    stuff and more stuff
    I would like to see some pictures of the tundra fender too... AP's are just a little over priced for me. I could get these from TP and have them color matched for the extra money I saved

19. Nov 10, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    Wicked 2007

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4

20. Nov 10, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    Oury

Oury Texas Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Oury
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    stuff and more stuff
    hope you get them in soon

Products Discussed in