1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Glassworks Unlimited: a scam?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bills yota 2wpeel, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Dec 20, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    There's no need to create a second account. From this point forward, use this account because the other one is going bye-bye. Please take a moment to read the site rules

2. Dec 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    Wicked 2007

Wicked 2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    2007 Tacoma Double Cab SB 4WD - Auto -TRD Off Road - Icon Billet UCA - 8" ORI Front Struts - Bilstein 5100 11" RCD Shock - AllPro Expo Springs - Demello Sliders - Tom Woods 1 Piece Driveshaft - 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims - Locker Mod - Locker Guard - 35" MT MTZ's - ARB Bumper - Warn 8000 winch w/synthetic line - All-Pro Front Skid/Transmission Skid/Rear Armor - ARB Front Locker - Nitro 4.56 gears - Marlin 4.7 crawl box - Twin Stick FJ t-case - ATO high clearance rear bumper
    I have commented before on Tim and GW. He promised me a pair of front fenders that he was "making" for 6 months. A 2" rise / 2" flare for the 05+ tacoma.

After 6 months of waiting I get a call from Tim saying - hey they are done and ready to ship! I was excited, gave him my credit card info and he quickly charged my account.

1 week goes by, nothing, 2 weeks, 4 weeks.....16 weeks - nothing!

The ONLY way I was able to get Tim to call me back (after numerous phone calls and emails) was to use a DIFFERENT email pretending that I have a TT truck and needed custom glass - then somehow miraculously I get a call within 30 minutes! I did this 3 times and same resulted EVERY time.

Needless to say after all his excuses (which he gives everyone) package was damaged and return, it went to wrong address, its on the loading dock, etc. I never got fenders. Put in a fradulant charge claim with my credit card to get my money back and filed a claim with the BBB (as you can see he gets an F.

I only waited because people say his glass is the best well after almost 12 months of waiting its a bit ridiculous. I ended up purchasing 2" rise 3" flare direct from the company that makes them for all pro. I am very happy with the fit and finish, and to be honest the 3" flare worked out perfect for my 35" and lined up great with my ARB.

I either hear people get glass within a week or never from Tim @ GW - sucks I was in the never class - but I would never support, promote or say anything good about Tim as a business man because he sucks. As far as his glass - i never seen it in person but people say its good.

So is GW a scam? No. They are a real company. If your ordering $500-$1000 fenders dont expect to get his attention and cross your fingers with ordering. Will you get a liar on the phone and the $hittiest customer service ever - Yes.

I think ordering through a reseller you may have better luck.

3. Feb 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    ^ Having the same issue. Been waiting for 2 months for a set of rear bumper caps. Since they "only" cost $150, I'll probably never see them. Getting a hold of this guy is almost impossible...

Products Discussed in

To Top