1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Glock 23 for $250?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Pitt1552, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Nov 7, 2009 at 3:35 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    I have the glock 22,23 & 27. 23 is my favorite, that's a Hell of a price!

2. Nov 7, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    ColdZeroBSP

ColdZeroBSP Yo homie, that my briefcase?

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Tewksbury MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC
    console vault, viper remote start, weathertech front and rears
    I shoot IPSC and IDPA and the majority of the people there won't put reloads through the .40 cal Glocks. Glock chamber dimensions are loose to begin with which is why they are so reliable. The downside is that the brass gets stretched beyond normal tolerances. The .40 SW round is inherently weak around the base because it wasn't a new design, it was simply a shortened 10mm auto. When you continually stretch and resize brass it becomes brittle, but resizing OVERstretched brass can cause blowouts.

That is why Glock says not to shoot reloads in the owners manual and why there's so many cases of Kabooms with Glock 22s, 23s and 35s. One of the regular guys at a match blew his 35 to pieces with reloads. I reload for my 1911s, Beretta's, Sigs and HKs but the Glocks get only factory.

3. Nov 8, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    First of all 40 s&w is not just a shortened 10MM case as they take a large pistol primer and 40 takes a small. True the case is not fully supported and produces the dreaded Glock bulge but I've been using a Lee sizing die on my Dillon 650 for over 13 years and it resizes almost all of my brass so it chamber checks pefectly with the gauge and my Barsto barrel.
    Occasionally a piece of brass will fail at the lip with a crack after the round discharges but have never had a rim failure.
    If the guy blew up his with reloads he obviously did something wrong too much powder aka double charge is probably the suspect or a squib that went un-noticed until the following shot.
    One of our RO's here at Norco has saved many a shooters gun by having a great ear for squibs and stopping the shooter before a catastrophy.
    Everyone here on the West Coast when I started IPSC/USPSA in 1996 used reloaded 40 in their Glocks and otherwise with no problems. Glock just like to be over cautious like Toyota with their warnings.
    Haven't shot the Glock in competition in years but plenty of others around me do with none of the issues you guys seem to have.:D

4. Nov 8, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
  5. Nov 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    Great deal you got...
    Paid $325 for mine. The compact glock frame is VERY easy for a normal sized guy to conceal.

6. Nov 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM
    Pitt1552

Pitt1552 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Regular Cab 4x4
    hey all,

ended up having the pistol transferred on saturday, will be taking it and the rest of the gang out to the range tonite. Will post pics when i have a chance. Thanks again for the input! Any one got any leads on somewhere with the advantage arms 22 conversion for the 23? seems like everywhere is backordered pretty far out.

7. Feb 10, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    Holling

Holling Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    2021 DC TRD Sport
    I have got one for sale. P.M. me if you are still interested.

8. Feb 11, 2010 at 7:36 AM
    Black Taco

Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    No mods whatsoever!
    BUY IT NOW! You'll kick yourself later if you don't. The only advantage of the rail is to mount a flashlight. Also, I don't know where the data came from about not using reloads, because that's Bullshit! IMO You can shoot any cheap ammo through it. I have never had a problem with any of my Glocks. The best handgun I've owned.

Products Discussed in

To Top