1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

God waiting sucks

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by chad68, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Apr 21, 2009 at 1:42 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    Man am I glad I live in an area that has 10+ toyota dealers within 30 drive. When I got my truck in Jan 07 each dealer must have had 50+ tacomas in stock. Any size and shape you want with no waiting :D

2. Apr 21, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    Negative1

Negative1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    There is about 8 dealers within a half hour drive from here...
    But nobody had the Access Cab, TRD Offroad 6spd manual in silver mica..

So I had to order her :(

So many double cabs though, every model and configuration possible...

3. Apr 24, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    chad68

chad68 [OP] Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    Damn I almost got all the mods done today.

Only thing I have left to do is paint the front calipers and finish installing the chrome factory rear bumper. Well more like finish removing the factory black one. I ran out of daylight.

I knew that removing the plastic trim BS on the rear bumper to get to all the bolts was going to be the biggest PITA and god was it but for the life of me I could not get the plastic end caps on the bumper to let loose. I'm trying to decide if it would be cheaper to rip them off and just buy new ones or see if a mechanic at the dealer can pop them off for a few bucks. Few bucks, ya right. The rest is cake it's just the damn plastic end caps I can't figure out what's hanging them up.

So picked it up wednsday. Installed all the interior stuff.

Thursday had the windows tinted and the sides clear bra'd.

Today I yanked the mud flaps off, installed TRD skid plate and factory chrome grill. I also had the revtek lift installed, polished stainless tip welded on and mounted my pro comp wheels and 267/75/16 Kumho MT KL71's. It's not as steady as stock but I knew it would be. Tires are barely audible but that could change in a few thaousand miles.

Absolutlly love this truck. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help you guys have given. Especially wanted to thanks L_Jackson for taking the time to take pics of his tire clearance. He didn't have to but he did. Must have been bored LOL kidding man.

Soon as I can get this chrome bumper on I will snap some pics.

have to change my sig now.

4. Apr 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Congrats!

5. Apr 25, 2009 at 1:59 AM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    Well I figured out how to take the plastic end caps off the rear bumper. I was able to get to the one spring clip out but it's also held in place at the very edge/end of the bumper where the bumper curves around to the fender with the craziest azz sh!t fastening system I've ever seen. I have no idea how the hell they fastened it at the factory because the plastic cap had to go on after they bolted the bumper to the support bracket. The only possible way would be with some kind of flexiable, spring type ratchet extension or a bunch of swivel heads attached in line. Nothing epoxy putty can't fix:rolleyes: Luckily I didn't screw up the part.. Hopefully I will have the same or better luck with the other side. After that it's cake.

6. Apr 26, 2009 at 7:33 AM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    Ok as I promised here's the pics. God damn I love this truck. I almost want to cry LOL. I wasn't this excited even when I bought my 350Z brand new 3 years ago.

I know the pics are crappy. I will take some outdoor pics later.

edit. I was surprised at how far away the tire is from the body mount with the 4.0 backspace from lock to lock. There looks to be enough room even at full compression to run 285/75/15's without much if any rubbing. Does not look like it would hit. Wonder if my castor was set foreward when I had my lift kit put on and aligned. weird.

angle.jpg
    front 2.jpg
    interior.jpg
    keeper.jpg
    side.jpg

7. Apr 26, 2009 at 7:38 AM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    Here is a pic of the truck the Tacoma is replacing. A guy is coming to buy my old truck today.

IMAG0001.jpg

8. Apr 26, 2009 at 7:38 AM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    truck looks great!!

ah and as much as i love our trucks, theres nothing like a sweet old nissan hardbody too

Products Discussed in

To Top