1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going for TSB tomorrow

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TKtaco, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Jul 8, 2010 at 5:27 AM
    shanomac

shanomac Senior Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '10 SR5 4x4
    Afuera,

The u-bolts are definitely included. Print off the tsb and bring it to them. It has a detailed list of all the parts included which includes the u-bolts. I just had mine done last week, have new springs and shiny new u-bolts and my 3 page receipt shows a price of $0.00 for everything. Just like Andrew said, time to raise the bullshit flag.

2. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:14 AM
    TKtaco

TKtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Spoke to the service manager on Saturday and didn't get anywhere so I set up an appointment for them to look at it this past Tuesday. I had my wife take it in since I had to work. They called me a few hours later and said that they took a bunch of measurements, everything was within spec and I needed to come get the truck because they weren't going to do anything to it. I quickly sent an email to the tech and service manager asking them to update the service order to state that the problem I was having was I am "experiencing a harsh ride from the rear suspension while carrying heavy cargo in the bed" and that was my issue not what they had put on the order. They changed their tune pretty quick after that.

They ordered parts, scheduled to be installed tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

3. Oct 4, 2012 at 4:21 AM
    aphex

aphex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD OR
    Undercover Classic Tonneau, EGR Aerowrap Bug Deflector, Consolevault Custom Safe, Britax Boulevard 70 Baby Seat!, Retro TRD Shift Knob, Factory Bed Mat, Rear Leaf TSB, 265/75-16 BFG All-Terrain KO's, KMC Enduro Wheels, Front Bilstein 5100's set @ 0" w/ Toytec/Eibach Springs, Rear 5100's, TRD Grille Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, AntennaX 14" Billet Antenna
    I am going for MY TSB tomorrow now... and here is one thing that I have always found odd...

To me, when you walk up to a service rep and tell them that you are experiencing a "harsh ride under heavy load" but don't mention the TSB specifically... Doesn't that seem a bit shady? I mean, "harsh ride" is not exactly a terminology I would typically use. If I was a service manager, the first thing I would think was that his guy already knew about the TSB and it's kind of sketchy that he didn't even mention it.

Products Discussed in

To Top