1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

good deal on k&n cold air intake 63 series

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by MotoXdoer, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Oct 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM
    MotoXdoer

MotoXdoer [OP] taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner 4.0 a/c beast
    k&n cai 63 series intake, blacked out headlights, blacked out tailights, magnaflow pro offroad 17115 dumped, URD competetion y-pipe, total chaos 3.5" long travel, fox 2.5x8" remote resevoir shocks, allied 4" spindles, toytec 2" AAL, 20% tint up front and 5% rear, satoshi grille, ddm 50w 6000k hid's. wet okole custom trd seat covers with heaters. 4:56 nitro gears with arb rd129 air locker, arb ckmta12 dual air compressor.
  2. Oct 21, 2011 at 3:34 AM
    novanut21

novanut21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT
    AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, TRD S/C, Silverstars for headlights foglights and reverse lights, 5% tint, TRD Quickshifter, URD Fuel Pump Kit, Wet Okoles Front&Rear, WeatherTech Mats, Sockmonkey Decals, GrillCraft Grill, JBA "shorty" headers, URD Y-Pipe, TTC Oil Catch Can, Lotek Dual Apillar gauge pod w/ Autometer Phantom II AFR & Vac/Boost, URD "Stealth" Pulley.
  3. Oct 21, 2011 at 4:05 AM
    frankier13

frankier13 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    frankie
    las vegas
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner sr5
    2.5 level lift wheels 16" black mate grille paint red. paint defense front and emblems black mate. cold air intake k&n bhlm black. spancer wheel 1.5 all pro.
  4. Oct 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM
    MotoXdoer

MotoXdoer [OP] taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    k&n cai 63 series intake, blacked out headlights, blacked out tailights, magnaflow pro offroad 17115 dumped, URD competetion y-pipe, total chaos 3.5" long travel, fox 2.5x8" remote resevoir shocks, allied 4" spindles, toytec 2" AAL, 20% tint up front and 5% rear, satoshi grille, ddm 50w 6000k hid's. wet okole custom trd seat covers with heaters. 4:56 nitro gears with arb rd129 air locker, arb ckmta12 dual air compressor.
    i hate that stock box and shitty filter. i read reviews and my friend has one so i liked how fit and sounded. what difference between afe u have wolfpack? i have no fender liners just open glass so im thinking i will have more useable air flow

5. Oct 21, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    A K&N intake is never a good deal.

6. Oct 22, 2011 at 2:19 AM
    MotoXdoer

MotoXdoer [OP] taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    my friend has the k&n with zero probs so i doubt i will have issues. i currently have the drop in and removed the oil so i will do the same for the new one, doesnt k&n make the afe and trd??/?

7. Oct 22, 2011 at 2:35 AM
    romeo

romeo Wombat

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Lacey, Wa
    Vehicle:
    Silver 4x4 DC Sport
    MBRP Exhaust K&N Intake Pro Comp 3 inch Lift
    i have the same one that you just bought and i did a sh*tty mod job to it and im happy with the result. In 60 degree weather ive gotten out and checked the actual K&N piping and it felt cold all they way to the throttle body so i know i was actually gettin cold air to it. the whole deal with all this talk about dust and debris and all that other stuff going through the air filter is true to a certain point. you really only have to worry about that if you drive through areas that have a lot of dust and all them other things that people worry and talk about, myself i dont really worry about it too much because living here in germany there isnt much dust, just smoke from diesel cars:mad:.

but enough about my rant heres my sh*tty modified KN CAI

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To Top