1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good deal on Prerunner?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by brickisred, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Mar 15, 2009 at 6:25 PM
    brickisred

brickisred [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    (still) Looking for Tacoma Prerunner 2wd
    Hi guys,
    I found a 2004 2wd, Auto 4cyl crew cab Prerunner for sale at a local dealer for $14500. Has the TRD offroad package and a spray-in bedliner. What do you think about the price? Not sure if this has a rear locker or not, do they come standard with the TRD package? Also wondered if anyone had Carfax availability they'd be willing to hook me up with. I really like it. I test drove an 05 Prerunner DC but I did not like the low seating position...

2. Mar 15, 2009 at 6:36 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Congrats & welcome to tw!

Try edmunds.com if you want to see if it was a deal. The dealer can pull the carfax report free of charge.

Not sure what you mean "low seating position on the 05". I love my 05, it sits up high. I had an 03 before this. But the truck wasn't roomy enough.

3. Mar 15, 2009 at 7:01 PM
    brickisred

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sorry I didn't check that before posting. KBB value is $16770. But I also thought you guys might have knowledge of what similar trucks have been going for... This was a leased vehicle, and I'm wondering if this is good or bad as far as maintenance. Truck is clean as a whistle except for just a tad bit of grime at the head/block. Do these 4cyl engines have any trouble with gaskets?

As far as the low seating position on the 05, I mean simply that the drivers seat sits low in relation to the dash and I found the visibility somewhat lacking. It didn't help that it was a TRD sport with the big hood bump... But I will say the 05 was very nice, inside and out. I really like the placement of the oil filter on those. A little out of my price range, however...

4. Mar 15, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    speedracer

speedracer Member

Member:
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Prerunner
    Stock
    I just got an 04 doublecab 3.4l. V6 TRD prerunner with 49k on it here in Cali for 14,900. Clean. good deal or not...I am verry happy...

5. Mar 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    brickisred

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Cool, that sounds like a deal. Less miles and with a V6. Good to know, thanks...

Congrats and good luck with it!
    BTW, Does it have the rear locker on it?

To Top