1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good deal on TRD Catback exhaust?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Chronism, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Nov 23, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    Chronism

Chronism [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD OR/DC
    So I had been thinking about a TRD Catback exhaust and today my dealership parts guy made me an offer...

They had sold and installed one for a customer a couple of months ago. When the buyer came to pick up his truck, he was not happy with it and had them take it back off. It had a small ding/flat spot on the tip at the opening. It had been sitting in their parts room for a couple of months.

When the parts guy showed it to me, I didn't notice it at first until he pointed it out. It's one of those thing that would only be noticable by anyone who already knows it is there. Besides, it's gonna get dinged up more anyway, right?

So the offer was $200 and the remainder of the year warranty which is 10 months.

I know a picture is worth a thousands words, but I forgot to snap one...

What do you think? Any issue with it sitting around a couple of months after being on the truck just long enough to move it around from the shop to the lot and back?

Also, as for comparison, they let me listen to an X-Runner with the Catback. Will it be an identical sound on my TRD OR?

Thanks

2. Nov 23, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    blue02r1

blue02r1 tom

Member:
    First Name:
    tom
    pennsylvainia
    Vehicle:
    2011 trd timberland green
    toyota hood protector, AVS vent shades, Toyota Bed Mat, TRD Catback Exhaust , K&N Intake, Tacoma Bedmat, Weathertech Mats, Extang Tuff Toneau ,Foglight Mod.
    as long as it was the same motor it will sound the same . i love the sound of mine on my 4.0:)

3. Nov 23, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    ekard

ekard Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC SB 4X4 OR
    TRD Exhaust, Bilstein 5100's, Eibach coils, TSB Leaf pack, Toyota Bed Mat and D-Rings, Dakine Tailgate Pad, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech Floormats, PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75/16, SCS F5 wheels
    Sounds like an awesome deal to me. Cheapest you'll ever find it for new is around $350 or so. Couple months of sitting shouldn't be anything to worry about.

4. Nov 23, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    Chronism

Chronism [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD OR/DC
    It should have been the 4.0. Only thing I'm not sure of is whether the X-Runner's come with CAI? Would that have made a difference?

So I guess a little dent is worth $150+ off then, especially after a few months it ain't gonna look brand new anyways...

Products Discussed in

To Top